GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Legal Matters Lexus Dearlership Lying about problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-13, 10:19 PM
krava
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Legal Matters Lexus Dearlership Lying about problems

This might be in the wrong group maybe in the recall 3gs.

Let me start off by saying in December I got a low oil light on, I was 5.5 quarts low. I took it to Toyota twice and each time there is NO oil leak. Also no oil on the ground where I park my car. I take it to lexus the next day, the day after I took I to Toyota the 2nd time and after 10 minutes they say that I have an oil leak. They said 2 oil leaks and going to cost me $4000 to fix and they gave me an estimate and part breakdown of what to fix. I have it in writing. After complaining a bit one of the mechanics slipped me their number and I called him and they told me that they hate lexus trying to cheat customers and told me about the recall and engine issues and I looked on here and found that. I was ready to pay $4000 and agreed to pay for it and was going to lose the money on it but that guy helped me out. Now I have been waiting for the check engine light to come on and it hasn't so I was going to do a oil consumption test at Sewell Lexus and when I took it in, they said lets do a computer test for 5 minutes to check misfires. They found a lot of misfires but not enough to set off check engine light. So I have their car and they said lexus approved of the repairs. My complaint is there was never an oil leak, how can a dealership lie to your face and tell you there is a problem with the car and their wasn't and they knew about the problems with the GS pistons etc. What legally can I do to that place? Maybe I am wrong but I was fixing to hand them $4000 to do a job that wouldn't have fixed the problem anyway and they tried to rip me off and they knew it. Isn't there a law saying something about this or what should I do now to get back at them? They forced me to drive out of state 500+ mile round trip just to get this thing fixed.
Old 08-23-13, 10:24 PM
hakisaki
Pit Crew

That's absolutely ridiculous!
Old 08-23-13, 11:30 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

There is but to be honest it would be more headache as I think you need to address your attorney general in that state. I would just write a bad review on there site and where ever others see so the dealer can see it, they may just give you something for your pain and frustration.
Old 08-24-13, 07:19 AM
typrice
Rookie

I work at a dealership,
I can tell you Yelp, google reviews, and BBB would be my top picks to complain.
The Dealership (owners/managment), and Lexus doesnt care. Its about making as much as possible.
Old 08-24-13, 07:28 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

I wonder if the mechanic had anything to do with it? Maybe the lexus dealer doesnt pay him as much as if a person paid vs lexus corp. Then he says you unwilling to fork over the funds, so he slips you the number.
Old 08-24-13, 07:33 AM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm thinking that they didn't check to see if the recall was done until later. Once checked, they realized that it needed to be taken care of?
Old 08-24-13, 09:33 AM
hiendo85
Rookie

you should call lexus corporate office and file a complain with them.
Old 08-24-13, 02:50 PM
typrice
Rookie

You could cost the tech his job, becareful with your decission
Old 08-24-13, 02:53 PM
typrice
Rookie

Yes Warranty work paid by the brand would pay less then customer pay. It would be in the techs best interest to have the customer pay out of pocket.
Old 08-24-13, 08:39 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by hiendo85
you should call lexus corporate office and file a complain with them.
+1 on this, although the dude I complained about was head salesman at Pembroke Pines of Lexus and I'm sure his arrogant self is still employed there. Very bad sales tactic from their team and even worse customer service..... I've never been harassed like that at a dealership before (full on curse words, involving me working on a prostitution street and threats to assault me and etc)..... Needless to say I walked out of this ordeal still with a Lexus, but from a different dealership.

Originally Posted by typrice
You could cost the tech his job, becareful with your decission
Yup yup, a tech from a dealership is not allowed to associate or "give" contact numbers to fix cars on the side....

Just another FYI, unless they're a (I believe) master tech or something, I wouldn't hand any tech my car to fix anything...... You have no idea the amount of times I brought my car back to the dealer because screws were missing, or pieces were left loose in the engine bay....
Old 08-24-13, 09:10 PM
krava
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ibidu1
I wonder if the mechanic had anything to do with it? Maybe the lexus dealer doesnt pay him as much as if a person paid vs lexus corp. Then he says you unwilling to fork over the funds, so he slips you the number.
The guy was very helpful he told me NOT to pay at all, He is mad at lexus for ripping people off like they tried to do me. He told me exactly what to do. wait for the codes to show up on the check engine light and then they have to fix it. he didn't try to do work on the side.
Old 08-24-13, 09:12 PM
krava
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Micaiah
I'm thinking that they didn't check to see if the recall was done until later. Once checked, they realized that it needed to be taken care of?
they new about the recall I told them about it and everything and the techs there knew about it
Old 08-24-13, 09:25 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by krava
The guy was very helpful he told me NOT to pay at all, He is mad at lexus for ripping people off like they tried to do me. He told me exactly what to do. wait for the codes to show up on the check engine light and then they have to fix it. he didn't try to do work on the side.
Yep, it happens man..... It's whatever though. just an FYI, you know you can bargain for your services right? The services that needs to be done are all negotiable just like when you purchase a car.

My bad about the assumption, from reading, it sounded like he tried to give u his # to do side work.... Now you have a nice reference call to get a 2nd opinion when you need it lol.
Old 08-27-13, 05:49 PM
ToneTham
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats crazy. good luck