GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

HID Question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-12, 10:42 PM
1SLOGS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Question.

So im wondering about changing the bulbs on my Low beam and also my Highs and Fogs and put HID Kits on the High and Fogs and Upgrade the lows to 6000K and thinking about going with 6000K for my High beams as well and go with 8000k with fogs. I wanted to know what website to buy it off because ive seen many 3GS owners saying many different place. I have always been getting the HID Kits from DDM Tuning but i read on one of the posts on here that the quality of DDM is poor. so just wanted recommendations on where to buy them and also if the tempreture of the bulbs would look good on the car.
Old 07-06-12, 10:56 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

i like 6000k, i grow tired of looking at 8000k's all the time to be honest. I'd say go for it... There's also an HID vendor here that can help you with all your needs! Go with the CL vendor as he's had the most satisfaction (since he's still here) than word of mouth (I'm referring to the vendor XenonDepot )

Last edited by XxGoKoUxX; 07-06-12 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-07-12, 10:29 AM
1SLOGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
i like 6000k, i grow tired of looking at 8000k's all the time to be honest. I'd say go for it... There's also an HID vendor here that can help you with all your needs! Go with the CL vendor as he's had the most satisfaction (since he's still here) than word of mouth (I'm referring to the vendor XenonDepot )
Thanks for your feedback man Ill surely look into it and go with what you suggested and I know what you mean about the 8000k cause I had 10000k on my fogs on my camry I thought it looked good on that but then when I got this car I realized that it wouldn't go with the car flow and the elegance of the car so like you said 6000k would look great I think!!
Old 07-07-12, 11:15 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Yes! And good luck! BTW, if your DRLs are still activated during the day, you'll need a relay kit to use HIDs in the high-beams.
Old 07-07-12, 08:43 PM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ have you try switch back to 4300? You'll see a major improvement for night driving.
Old 07-07-12, 10:11 PM
1SLOGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Yes! And good luck! BTW, if your DRLs are still activated during the day, you'll need a relay kit to use HIDs in the high-beams.
Yeah that was going to be my next question about the relay stuff so that means i would only need it for my DRLS and High Beams. Thanks Again for the Help and i saw the DIY you did on installing your HID kits Thumbs up on you install and i will follow your DIY and go with it when i get to doing it. Thanks again!!
Old 07-08-12, 01:49 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Originally Posted by worker
^ have you try switch back to 4300? You'll see a major improvement for night driving.
Me? nahh, I'm waiting till these bulbs go bad and either getting 5000k or 6000k. I still like a blue tint to it, just not so intense..... I like a white white or a white with just a small itty bitty tint of blue now LOL.

Originally Posted by 1SLOGS
Yeah that was going to be my next question about the relay stuff so that means i would only need it for my DRLS and High Beams. Thanks Again for the Help and i saw the DIY you did on installing your HID kits Thumbs up on you install and i will follow your DIY and go with it when i get to doing it. Thanks again!!
okay, sure thing! Hit me up if u need a kit, i'll talk to the shop owner and get things setup so all you'll have to do is literally plug it into the battery and your ballasts

I've since disabled my DRLs from the factory. (and not because people have told me it distracts people, because it doesnt.... more like I just don't want lights on during the day).
Old 07-08-12, 10:19 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ still have your OEM bulb?

when I switch back from my 5000k to oem 4300 I was like "wow" big improvement with the 4300. Things get light up better with 4300 while the 5000 and above seem to light only the reflective stuff like most road signs. I only notice it when i switch back.
Old 07-08-12, 08:49 PM
1SLOGS
Pole Position

okay, sure thing! Hit me up if u need a kit, i'll talk to the shop owner and get things setup so all you'll have to do is literally plug it into the battery and your ballasts

I've since disabled my DRLs from the factory. (and not because people have told me it distracts people, because it doesnt.... more like I just don't want lights on during the day).[/QUOTE]

Thanks again man and i surely will let you know when i about to get into doing it.
Old 07-09-12, 02:36 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Originally Posted by worker
^ still have your OEM bulb?

when I switch back from my 5000k to oem 4300 I was like "wow" big improvement with the 4300. Things get light up better with 4300 while the 5000 and above seem to light only the reflective stuff like most road signs. I only notice it when i switch back.
That I DO! One thing i've noticed. Is I used some el cheapo bulbs and they weren't bright at all. When I switched over to the Garax bulbs, output was waaaaaaaaaay brighter with the 8000k. I am however going back to 5000k or 6000k. I'm sure the Philips bulbs in my toolbox for however long they can stay on will only be a tad brighter. I wasn't a believer until I purchased my Garax bulbs all-in-all and they've worked GREAT, i'd say $100 for 6+ mos. of on time everytime i'm in the car, it's definitely worth the buy!

Originally Posted by 1SLOGS

I've since disabled my DRLs from the factory. (and not because people have told me it distracts people, because it doesnt.... more like I just don't want lights on during the day).
Thanks again man and i surely will let you know when i about to get into doing it.[/QUOTE]

Anytime! Just PM me and i'll fwd my phone # and talk to the shop owner... One of the other members (he will be undisclosed until he pops out) has purchased his DRL HID kit from wherever he gets his from and has had problems with it, so I still stand the product I go under until there's another better alternative .
Old 07-09-12, 03:44 PM
bbond
Rookie

i will be receiving my 5th setup of xenondepot hid's this wed.

2003 acura rsx 6000k extreme kit

2006 R6 6000k volt kit

2009 silverado 6000k volt kit

2009 silverado 5500k volt kit

and ill be review the 4300k volt kit when it FINALLY arrives this wed.

i have had experience with the regular kit and the volt kit

6000k is spot on as far as color output/ visibility while still retaining a slight blue hue

i was sent a pair of 5500's and they had more of a white than a blue output

the volt kit is plug and play . no additional power source needed .
Old 07-09-12, 08:32 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Nice bbond, volt kit is PnP on the foglights, not the high-beams. Don't forget that
Old 07-10-12, 07:45 AM
bbond
Rookie

didn't know that.

but isn't it just a module that you plug inline??

i like to FLASH people so i couldn't bare with the warm-up time for hid's on hi's
Old 07-10-12, 07:52 AM
socal3gs
Driver

Dont settle for cheap bulbs, go with 5000k/6000k Philips Ultinon and you wont be disappointed. One of the vendor on here carry it. I used to have 6000k Garax until switched to 6000k Ultinon and can't be any happier
Old 07-10-12, 07:54 PM
bbond
Rookie

Originally Posted by socal3gs
Dont settle for cheap bulbs, go with 5000k/6000k Philips Ultinon and you wont be disappointed. One of the vendor on here carry it. I used to have 6000k Garax until switched to 6000k Ultinon and can't be any happier
can you elaborate as to why you like them better

Quick Reply: HID Question.