GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Dash TSB???

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-09, 12:23 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Dash rattle TSB. YES!!!!!

I just had the dash replaced to get rid of some rattle and a weird stain I had on the dash above the center AC vents . When I was there I noticed that my service guy ( best guy in town) noted a TSB for special clips and newer insulation materials. I knew it was a common problem but I wasn't sure if this TSB was out before or was it a issue simply of some dealerships removing the dash boards and refelting the rear of the assembly for the customers who complained. I think I may have stumbled on a solution that many members were not aware of

All I know is the new dash with the new clips worked PERFECTLY to get rid of 100 % of the dash rattles and I no longer have to look at a stain / defect on the dash. Heads up to any member who is having the same issue.... it can and will be fixed by Lexus. Be patient and they will nail it I will check my paper work for the TSB number

Last edited by I8ABMR; 08-09-09 at 01:50 AM.
Old 08-08-09, 02:39 AM
Gs350Lola
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

freee TSB? OMG I HOPE IT WORKS FOR ME does anybody have that website that has all of lexus TSB?
Old 08-08-09, 04:32 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I believe its this but not 100% certain...

LINK
Old 08-08-09, 05:09 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
I believe its this but not 100% certain...

LINK

FAIL

access denied

at least post the pdf or the tsb #.

oh the rattles will come back.... the rickety frame will shake everything loose
Old 08-08-09, 06:18 AM
bokmeipai
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I just had the dash replaced to get rid of some rattle and a weird stain I had on the dash above the center AC vents . When I was there I noticed that my service guy ( best guy in town) noted a TSB for special clips and newer insulation materials. I knew it was a common problem but I wasn't sure if this TSB was out before or was it a issue simply of some dealerships removing the dash boards and refelting the rear of the assembly for the customers who complained.

All I know is the new dash with the new clips worked pERFECTLY to get rid of 100 % of the dash rattles and I no longer have to look at a stain / defect on the dash. Heads up to any member who is having the same issue.... it can and will be fixed by Lexus. Be patient and they will nail it
Please post TSB#. I had the rattles and after 3 attempts which included windshield tick, noise insulation kit, insulating speaker grilles I still have speaker rattles.
Old 08-08-09, 11:17 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I just had the dash replaced to get rid of some rattle and a weird stain I had on the dash above the center AC vents . When I was there I noticed that my service guy ( best guy in town) noted a TSB for special clips and newer insulation materials. I knew it was a common problem but I wasn't sure if this TSB was out before or was it a issue simply of some dealerships removing the dash boards and refelting the rear of the assembly for the customers who complained.

All I know is the new dash with the new clips worked pERFECTLY to get rid of 100 % of the dash rattles and I no longer have to look at a stain / defect on the dash. Heads up to any member who is having the same issue.... it can and will be fixed by Lexus. Be patient and they will nail it
how did you get a stain on your dash? but good to hear your dealer took care of you.
Old 08-08-09, 05:09 PM
greyhndfan
Lead Lap

I just had the work done too. Took two days. I was under warranty so it was free. I'd say there's about an 85% improvement. But I really have to concentrate in order to hear the rattles. I usually don't notice it.

SB0040-08 JUL 08 Interior - Instrument Panel Rattle
Old 08-08-09, 11:08 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stormforge
how did you get a stain on your dash? but good to hear your dealer took care of you.
I had this stain above the cetral air vents that I noticed probably after having the car for a month. I thought it was a shadow, but after a while realized it had a shiny appearance. It bothered me so I tried to remove it and it didnt work. When I showed it to my service advisor he said it was a defect. I had the defect and the rattles so it was 2 birds with one stone for me.
Originally Posted by greyhndfan
I just had the work done too. Took two days. I was under warranty so it was free. I'd say there's about an 85% improvement. But I really have to concentrate in order to hear the rattles. I usually don't notice it.

Thanks for getting the TSB number for the guys. If its not correct I can check my paper work as well. I feel like it has worked 100% for my car. I am dropped to the max on my Tein coilovers and had the suspension set to about 75% max stiffness and drove the car over some ****ty roads and even had the service advisor drive the car at 30 mph on a cobblestone drive way and no issues. I am amazed at the quality and accuracy of the work at Lexus compared to Infiniti

Last edited by I8ABMR; 08-09-09 at 02:14 AM.
Old 08-09-09, 01:41 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

hey guys I checked my paper work for the recent service with the dash replacement and I have the same number on my paper work. I guess this ends the dash rattle suffering.

TSIB L-SB 0040-08 this should allow the dealership to fix rattles for anyone with complaints. The parts included new clips for the dash and new insulation

Last edited by I8ABMR; 08-09-09 at 02:15 AM.
Old 08-09-09, 07:00 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

yeah this is an old tsb just as i thought.

and they literally disassemble your whole dashboard just to replace the clips. there are a million pieces.

no way jose. i'm not letting them do that. huge can of worms.

Old 08-09-09, 07:50 AM
bokmeipai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by greyhndfan

This is the TSB that was performed in my car but still hear speaker rattle when going over bumps. Went backk for a 2nd adjustment and still get same rattle. I doubt this will ever get fixed. Your rattle maybe gone for now but wait until temps get colder the rattles get louder. sigh......
Old 08-09-09, 08:10 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

everyone gets rattles in different places.

that's why this fix is so unreliable.

just stick thick foam in the gaps and spray 3m lubricant
Old 08-09-09, 03:15 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bokmeipai
This is the TSB that was performed in my car but still hear speaker rattle when going over bumps. Went backk for a 2nd adjustment and still get same rattle. I doubt this will ever get fixed. Your rattle maybe gone for now but wait until temps get colder the rattles get louder. sigh......
I live in AZ so it really doesnt get under 70 during the day . I have a lot of faith in my service staff and Lexus quality. They have taken care of every single issue I have ever had with no problems.
Old 08-09-09, 05:44 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

I live in AZ so it really doesnt get under 70 during the day . I have a lot of faith in my service staff and Lexus quality. They have taken care of every single issue I have ever had with no problems.
Living in Arizona is the Fix! - Drive your car up North in the winter and your 'Fix' will disappear! Your Service Staff is lucky you live in the heat!
Old 08-09-09, 08:35 PM
Raptor.1
Pole Position

I just had the dash replaced to get rid of some rattle and a weird stain I had on the dash above the center AC vents . When I was there I noticed that my service guy ( best guy in town) noted a TSB for special clips and newer insulation materials. I knew it was a common problem but I wasn't sure if this TSB was out before or was it a issue simply of some dealerships removing the dash boards and refelting the rear of the assembly for the customers who complained. I think I may have stumbled on a solution that many members were not aware of

All I know is the new dash with the new clips worked PERFECTLY to get rid of 100 % of the dash rattles and I no longer have to look at a stain / defect on the dash. Heads up to any member who is having the same issue.... it can and will be fixed by Lexus. Be patient and they will nail it I will check my paper work for the TSB number
Hey man~ I don't think they did what you think they did..... LOL
I had this same procedure done several months ago and this is after several visits for rattles over the years "after they originally replaced the TSB some 4 years ago."
It’s all a conspiracy, it's a cover up~ JK
Let me ask you a serious question; go look at your dash in daylight, check right in the center of the dash all the way closest to the windshield. Does a small warp appear?
I had this same thing done, they even asked me to sign off on it and I didn't even know what I was signing off on but "IT WORKED!" Totally silent! All rattles were gone. The only thing I noticed was this new tiny warp in the dash next to the windshield dead center.
Yes I suppose this could be a TSB replacement but if it is they really must have changed it a lot.
I called my dealer right after they did this and told them "this was the fix" and they should spread the word. They actually fixed it, I was so happy!

B.

Quick Reply: Dash TSB???