GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

3rd Gen GS Nav Bluetooth DVD mods thread

Old 10-15-10, 09:02 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

correct me, the dvd hack doesn't have time limit, so you can play dvd for as long as you want as long as car is running. the time limit is on the nav override part
Old 10-15-10, 09:03 AM
GSLEX0586
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
correct me, the dvd hack doesn't have time limit, so you can play dvd for as long as you want as long as car is running. the time limit is on the nav override part
someone confirm!!!
Old 10-16-10, 10:34 PM
TechServ08
Driver School Candidate

Default 2007 GS350 Nav DVD

So I have been looking all over the place for how to burn the NAV DVD and can't find it or understand what the problem is I'm having. I have a Sony DRX-830U External DVD Burner, Memorex DVD+RDL diskc, an iso file of the 9.1 DVD, and Imgburn software. I am able to open the iso file and read see the files are there and evetything looks good.

So could someone give me some tips on how to burn the iso image to make the nav recognize the DVD?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 10-17-10, 10:52 AM
nicnac
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GSLEX0586
someone confirm!!!
YEP!!!! correct
Old 02-06-11, 11:21 PM
Panda430
Driver School Candidate

i have the mark L system i just want my kid to be able to watch movies while we drive so can i just ground the yellow wire for the system to think its in park instead of doing all that
Old 02-07-11, 01:11 AM
Riceater
Driver

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
with the wire hack yes. you have an 06 so you really dont need the wire hack for the navi override. you can just do the "finger dance" for the screen to access the override button for the navi portion. this is strictly for navi though, not movies.
How do you do the finger dance?

If you can unlock the navigation and bluetooth while in motion with this simple 10sec hack then what's the point in hacking wires other than to just do the one that allow you to watch DVDs?

I'm looking at purchasing an 07/08 AWD GS350 with ML package.. will I be able to do the finger dance hack on that and then do the wire hack to watch movies on that model?

BTW I also got a little confused with what they were talking about on the last page with the time limit.. if I do the wire hack for DVDs will it turn it off every couple of minutes? How do you work around this?
Old 02-07-11, 08:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Riceater
How do you do the finger dance?

If you can unlock the navigation and bluetooth while in motion with this simple 10sec hack then what's the point in hacking wires other than to just do the one that allow you to watch DVDs?

I'm looking at purchasing an 07/08 AWD GS350 with ML package.. will I be able to do the finger dance hack on that and then do the wire hack to watch movies on that model?

BTW I also got a little confused with what they were talking about on the last page with the time limit.. if I do the wire hack for DVDs will it turn it off every couple of minutes? How do you work around this?
finger dance is only with 06 with certain dvd map version. 07+ there is no more finger dance
Old 03-14-11, 02:42 PM
PerfHybrid
Driver School Candidate

Default Done...

Just did the full mod on a 2007 GS450h w/ Mark L sys and DVD. No issues at all.

Per the question about just watching DVDs. You'll need to do the vehicle speed signal mod as well as grounding the parking brake wire. If you don't want the override then don't put in the switch... but if you're going through the trouble spend the 20 min an wire in a switch...

Thanks for all the posts.
Old 03-14-11, 03:18 PM
cure4all
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2006 with navi/ML and it has the manual override option, can I just do the DVD override without the speed signal away from the cd / dvd changer?
Old 03-14-11, 06:30 PM
EyeKutr

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by cure4all
I have a 2006 with navi/ML and it has the manual override option, can I just do the DVD override without the speed signal away from the cd / dvd changer?
No...dvd wont play if the car senses the speed signal....
Old 03-18-11, 09:56 PM
sticky4
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome tips...
Old 06-12-11, 04:29 PM
LenniePaz
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EyeKutr
For 07+ GS….HERE IS THE WIRE MOD FOR NAV

you cut the white with silver dots wire (middle harness) and purple wire (driver side harness) then you use a switch to connect the purple wire coming from the deep side of the dash (not radio) to the white with silver spots (going away from the radio (to the nav). then this switch is on all the time except to input addresses, what that does is it allows the purple VSS signal to go to the nav See diagrams and pics (thanks to quezacotl for dgm)

Here is the switch I used, came from a 3.5inch external HDD enclosure I had

DVD override: If you have done the wire modification for nav, you have already taken the speed signal away from the cd / dvd changer. All you need to do additionally to allow DVD video in motion is to trick the dvd changer to think that the parking brake is applied. All you need to do is to ground the yellow parking brake wire. You cut the yellow wire in pics and attach a grounding connector (and wire extension) to the side that goes to the radio display and ground it to chassis. This way, car thinks it is not moving and the parking brake is applied (no dash lights come on) and lets your family watch DVD while car is in motion.

Hope this helps put things in one place and makes it easier for reference…..ask your questions here so that all can benefit….
I think I might give this a shot. I have an 07 GS350 w/ML and have a question. I want to have access to everything while the car is moving so I know I need to cut 3 wires to make everything work: the pink, the white w/silver dots, and the yellow. After cutting all 3 wires, and wiring them to the proper spots,there will still be the other end of the wire that just needs to be capped off, right? This is true about all 3 wires,correct?
Old 10-09-11, 07:41 AM
GSLexInTEX
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. I successfully performed the Bluetooth/DVD mod on my 2006 GS300 NAV ML. Thanks again!
Old 10-11-11, 02:44 PM
EyeKutr

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by GSLexInTEX
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. I successfully performed the Bluetooth/DVD mod on my 2006 GS300 NAV ML. Thanks again!
way to go, be safe
Old 02-04-12, 06:29 PM
Johnnyz4
Driver

I wanted to ask when connecting the wires to the switch do you guys twist and then tape it up? This is a stupid question but how do you ground the yellow wire, to get the dvd to play while driving?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 3rd Gen GS Nav Bluetooth DVD mods thread