GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Crashed GS

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-06, 04:38 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Crashed GS

First, let me say everyone came out unhurt, no injuries.

I am pissed though. My wife crashed the GS tonight. Plus, she got the ticket. Plus she hit a Porsche Cayenne. Car is only 2 months old and it's crashed. I'm just pissed. Feels stupid to post pics but everyone else does it. I guess it's therapy....but I'm still pissed.

Old 08-15-06, 04:49 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ouch. those pics hurt. glad to hear that everyone was ok; sorry for the misfortune.

i can't see in the pics, did the airbags deploy?
Old 08-15-06, 05:10 PM
GS Kid 300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At least nobody was hurt, thats the important thing. But you can get a GS350 now!
Old 08-15-06, 05:14 PM
kissbang
Pole Position

Ouch. Freakin' ouch. That's terrible. I know how it feels when someone else drives your car and it gets damaged... definitely not to that degree, though. What are you planning to do? Hope everything works out.
Old 08-15-06, 05:20 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yikes, at least everyone is safe. I wonder how much the damage estimate will be.
Old 08-15-06, 05:25 PM
GreatSmile
Pole Position

Ouch! Glad to hear everyone is okay. Car can be fixed. (or replaced.....hmmm... GS350?)
Old 08-15-06, 07:28 PM
LexFather

Aww damn, sorry to ehar this. I can be fixed right?
Old 08-15-06, 08:07 PM
trent
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry about the car, but the main thing is your wife is okay! I know it sucks only having the car for a couple of months but it can be fixed.
Old 08-15-06, 08:13 PM
LOLA3G
Driver School Candidate

Default count your blessings

everyone is okay and you may be able to get the 350!!! count your blessings!
Old 08-15-06, 09:00 PM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LOLA3G
everyone is okay and you may be able to get the 350!!! count your blessings!
Hes not gettin a new car with that kind of damage. Thats totally repairable. Doesnt even seem to have any frame damage. No doubt it will be fixed. I suggest you use a lexus dealer body shop and no less to fix it. Sorry to hear about the accident, good thing no one got hurt. Post pics of it put back together all shining like new again!
Old 08-15-06, 09:38 PM
ajcsanders
Driver

That crash looks almost identical to one I had in May. The damage looks superficial to me. In my case they replaced the hood, the front bumper+foam and upper grill, repaired the fender, the metal crass beam inside and replaced the entire light assembly on the left hand side and painted the whole area. They kept the original parking sensors. They told me they couldn't repair the hood because it was completely made from Aluminium and they didn't know how (this in Kuwait). There was no mechanical damage (radiator OK, chasis ok, inner bumper ok, no broken pipes or fluid containers.

I also went into the back of an SUV - with one of those nasty eye-hook towing clamps - that went right through the high-beam light assembly. I'm pretty sure your airbags did not deploy as the driver was likely already hard on the brakes when it hit.

I have to say that I was impressed with the strength of the car. The inner bumper is very strong and was scratched but not deformed. It badly damaged the back of the Toyota Land Cruiser I hit and completely took out his exhaust. In the end the cost of repair on his vehicle was a few hundred dollars higher than mine.

For comparison's sake - it cost my insurance US$ 3,234, and his US$ 3,500.

But seriously - it's not so bad - since they will replace most of the damaged parts it's like getting part of your car renewed . Just make sure it's done properly; in my case they did a ****-poor job of painting the car - there was actually sand in the paint, they scratched the rear bumper while they had the car, they didn't align the new light assembly when it was installed, and they gave me the car back with the old bumper cover (which was cracked) and rattling door trim. Needless to say I threw a fit and refused to take the car until they repainted it and solved all my problems.

Good luck!
Old 08-16-06, 01:02 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear. Glad everyone is OK, healthwise.
Old 08-16-06, 04:29 AM
scottmyers
Pole Position

Glad everyone is OK.

You know this could be great excuse to move on to the GS350.
Old 08-16-06, 10:37 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nauticalx
Hes not gettin a new car with that kind of damage. Thats totally repairable. Doesnt even seem to have any frame damage. No doubt it will be fixed. I suggest you use a lexus dealer body shop and no less to fix it. Sorry to hear about the accident, good thing no one got hurt. Post pics of it put back together all shining like new again!
Yeah, there is some frame damage. My wife tried to avoid the other car but actually made it worse by sverving underneath the SUV. She tried to turn after making contact. So far the damage estimate is at $8500. I'm sure it'll be more once they start poking around in there. Even if it goes up to 10K I'm sure that won't total a car. How do some of you guys even remotely think there is a possibility of car replacement? This car is only 2 months old? Certainly takes some of the lustre off. Nauticalx is right, I ain't getting a new car.
Old 08-16-06, 11:21 AM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

OH! sorry to hear it and like everyone else said, at least everyone is OK.... Did airbags deploy? just curious... I hope everything turns out well for you! best of luck...

On another note, you should run it into the wall a couple times and make it a total loss and get the 350!!! ( I do not condone insurance fraud in any way btw... )

Quick Reply: Crashed GS