GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Aristo swap gs430. (**** biter)

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-17, 12:14 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Aristo swap gs430. (**** biter)

Hi. took on a 2jzgte aristo swap complete with engine, trans, aristo ecu with some aristo body connectors. the problem is, theres a crap load of cut wires with no connectors on them. im surprised as many other connectors fit properly with my gs430 body harness. but im kinda screwed not having any idea which actual connectors and pins go to which wires. if someone who knows someone can post some pics of what yours or your photo archives have, thatd be more than appreciated. I've got alot of wiring schematics printed out for both vehicles, but kinda getting frustrated. remember. this is a gs430. not the plug and play gs300 aristo swap thats all over the internet. thanks!!!
Attached Thumbnails Aristo swap gs430. (**** biter)-img_0289.jpg   Aristo swap gs430. (**** biter)-img_0290.jpg   Aristo swap gs430. (**** biter)-img_0291.jpg   Aristo swap gs430. (**** biter)-img_0292.jpg   Aristo swap gs430. (**** biter)-img_0295.jpg  

Aristo swap gs430. (**** biter)-img_0296.jpg   Aristo swap gs430. (**** biter)-img_0297.jpg   Aristo swap gs430. (**** biter)-img_0288.jpg  
Old 12-02-17, 08:55 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

I found this website a while back with EVERY schematic, might help you quite a bit.

http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/4...ngine%20Wiring
Old 12-03-17, 05:37 AM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
I found this website a while back with EVERY schematic, might help you quite a bit.

http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/4...ngine%20Wiring
YES!!! whoever that guy is has almost too much time on his hands. that is an amazing writeup of schematics and detailed analysis of each pin and connector. its all the 2jz info. I found that website two days ago while searching for literally hours. thanks for helping. now i just need to get the same schematic for the gs430 and start depinning and relocating gs430 wires to 2jz ecm to body connectors. theres two of them. it seems the bundle of cut wires would start minimizing quickly as that occurs.
Old 12-03-17, 06:55 AM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

Check with Dr. Tweaks performance for info on the harness.
www.tweakdperformance
Old 12-03-17, 06:18 PM
daddyduke
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=BiGEZ;10046092]Check with Dr. Tweaks performance for info on the harness.
www.tweakdperformance[/QUOTE hell yea
Old 12-04-17, 11:21 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by badblackgs
this is a gs430. not the plug and play gs300 aristo swap thats all over the internet. thanks!!!
bad, you might wanna try and get in touch with Ki aka Kipod. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mem...244-kipod.html

he did a 2JZGTE swap into a Gs400 years ago before people did them so he might be able to help. old member and he is a super nice guy too

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...od-thread.html
The following users liked this post:
Clydegs400 (01-22-20)
Old 12-04-17, 05:37 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Cam at tweak'd performance came thru incredibly. he hooked me up with a straight up plug and play patch harness that will allow me to hook up my original gs430 body to ecm connectors thru the harness than the other end plugs directly into the aristo ecm. friggin' amazing and worth every penny. now i don't have to de-pin all the connectors and re-pin them. really its a time thing. about one to two week turn around.
Clydegs400 (01-22-20)
Old 12-09-17, 08:37 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Default aristo swap progress

last two saturdays i got alot done. now i just need to add fluids and get that patch harness in. had to get custom a/c lines made and one high pressure power steering hose made.
Attached Thumbnails Aristo swap gs430. (**** biter)-img_0320.jpg   Aristo swap gs430. (**** biter)-img_0321.jpg   Aristo swap gs430. (**** biter)-img_0323.jpg   Aristo swap gs430. (**** biter)-img_0324.jpg   Aristo swap gs430. (**** biter)-img_0325.jpg  

Aristo swap gs430. (**** biter)-img_0326.jpg   Aristo swap gs430. (**** biter)-img_0327.jpg  
Clydegs400 (01-22-20)
Old 12-11-17, 06:30 AM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

Yes, tweaked performance is the way to go for 2JZGTE swap harness, a it expensive but quality plug and play harnesses.
Clydegs400 (01-22-20)
Old 12-11-17, 01:25 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by badblackgs
last two saturdays i got alot done. now i just need to add fluids and get that patch harness in. had to get custom a/c lines made and one high pressure power steering hose made.
I had a 2001 GS430 that I did an Aristo swap on. This was many years ago. A couple headaches I do remember about the swap were trying to figure out the power steering and A/C. I never ran the A/C on it. Aaron at Drift Motion hooked it up with a special fitting that would allow their stainless steel high pressure power steering light to connect to the GS430 steering rack. Another issued I had was when I dropped the motor in. Originally I had the stock twin turbos. For some reason the back turbo was hitting the firewall when the motor was fully rested onto the subframe. This was causing the motor to sit crooked so the transmission would never line up. The remedy for this was to upgrade to a single turbo. The wiring harness was done by a local performance shop that had experience with Lexus/Toyota swaps. I'm glad to see someone doing what was once considered to be impossible to do by garage mechanic.
Old 12-11-17, 06:02 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

me and about five of my coworkers fought that damn engine in hard. there was a large wire harness against the firewall right where the rear turbo was. we pulled the motor back out a little bit and i removed the fasteners for the wire harness and moved it down five inches so it could sit under the intake portion of the rear turbo. now when the engine flexes under load it wont rub the wire harness. i bought two gs300 ac hoses that connect to the compressor and took my gs430 ac hoses and took all four to a hydraulic house and instructed them to hybrid them together. gs300 compressor side to gs430 body side. worked like a charm. and one ps pressure hose that connects from gear to pump. done!!!! still waiting on patch harness. i got the front bumper back on today with the massive 3 inch intercooler piping. looks sweet.
Old 12-11-17, 09:12 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Was wondering if you had a plan for the car, looking forward to seeing what you do with this, I'm guessing it won't be stock for long!
Old 12-12-17, 04:01 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
Was wondering if you had a plan for the car, looking forward to seeing what you do with this, I'm guessing it won't be stock for long!
I bought this engine setup for the sole purpose of going ***** to the wall. Iron block, forged rods, oil cooled thick cast pistons, already plumbed for oil return with turbo coolant cooling, and an ecm that is already boost friendly. i would love to see 500 at the wheels. and i found thread last night about a guy in new zealand that went all out with his and got 565 hp to the wheels from a single and larger injectors. he upgraded the head bolts and such but pretty straight forward. im just on pins and needles until i get it fired up and driven. the motor only has a thirty day warranty from time of possession. so its creepin' up. but so far. all the usual BPU upgrades have been done. 3 inch catless downpipe, upgraded fuel pump, kinda cold air intake, 3 inch intercooler kit. so ill rock the twins for a short time.
Old 12-17-17, 09:12 AM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

ok so not to bash cam at tweak'd performance but its been a full two weeks and i havent seen a jumper harness or any info. so, assuming the worse i began last night printing out schematics and connector pins for gs430 and aristo plugs. i got it all sorted out except for four wires. two go to a coolant temp sensor in the bottom of the radiator for an aristo which i dont have and two are pulse width modulated that come from the aristo ecm to control the cooling fan modules that come with an aristo. again, i dont have that on my car. the gs430 cooling fans are more of a self contained system meaning, there is a temp switch in the bottom of my radiator that controls the fan relays. at a certain temp. the low speed fans come on and at a higher temp the high speed fans come on. but the aristo uses a temp sensor in the bottom of the radiator to determine how much fan speed the two cooling fans would operate. im thinking of leaving the two pwm wires disconnected but installing an additional temp sensor in the bottom radiator hose to keep the aristo ecm happy even though that reading will not lead to operating the fans. they will still be operated by temp switch in the bottom of the gs430 radiator. but i do have the wire figured out for a/c compressor operation which will turn the fans on high when high pressure begins. any info. from anyone experienced with this would be appreciated.
Old 12-21-17, 05:32 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Default aristo swap running

just on a short drive to make sure the trans shifts and cooling fans work, i was blown away at how smooth the 2jzgte twins produce power. and the sound of the turbos spooling is such a sweet sound.

Quick Reply: Aristo swap gs430. (**** biter)