GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Aristo swap gs430. (**** biter)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-18, 06:07 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

does this look restrictive to anybody else? the airflow into the first turbo from 0-4000 rpm's has to make a dramatic sharp turn more than 90 degrees before it makes its way to the first turbo. in addition, the curve just before the intake "T" is only three inches and has a almost 90 bend in it. this is all based off of radius and ease of airflow in tight turns. opening up the pipe diameter and broadening the radius will help with air flow and ease of air flow.
Old 04-24-18, 06:32 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

So!!!! 4 inch pipe up to the silicone 60 degree bend. to 4 inch opening the splits into 3 inch outlets that than merges from 3 inches down to 2.25 inches that will connect to the stock turbo inlet pipes. i went 4 inch inlets for having plenty of room to make turns and not experience a loss in flow. i will cut back alot of the silicone once its installed. itll look like a clean install. I dont doubt for a second that some improvement will be had from this.
there is a company called IPD that sells porsche performance parts and they have a similar design intake "T" that they redesigned from the factory turbo inlet "T" and they saw an average of 35 horsepower and torque because the air didn't experience so much turbulence making its way to the turbos.
I'll see what happens.
Old 04-25-18, 04:59 AM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Assuming that you are not running the stock bypass valve anymore correct?

Interested to see how this turns out. Have you dynoed the car yet?
Old 04-25-18, 04:48 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Letsride
Assuming that you are not running the stock bypass valve anymore correct?

Interested to see how this turns out. Have you dynoed the car yet?
once the intake setup is mocked up and everything checks out, ill weld a 3/4 inch fitting on the 4 inch pipe after the maf sensor so the stock recirc. valve can still function. wont be a problem.
Old 04-29-18, 07:49 AM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by badblackgs
once the intake setup is mocked up and everything checks out, ill weld a 3/4 inch fitting on the 4 inch pipe after the maf sensor so the stock recirc. valve can still function. wont be a problem.
Cool thread. Im finishing up a GTE in a 02 GS3 SportDesign. Other than what you have posted so far any other issues you found minor and corrected you haven't mentioned?
Old 04-29-18, 03:35 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AlphaJZS
Cool thread. Im finishing up a GTE in a 02 GS3 SportDesign. Other than what you have posted so far any other issues you found minor and corrected you haven't mentioned?
in regards to what?
Old 04-29-18, 10:55 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by badblackgs
in regards to what?
I'm currently troubleshooting. my motorset came with busted MAF pigtail (fixed), TPS plug and the unit were damaged(fixed), forum members here and elsewhere have said a corolla throttle cable works fine but i tried two different cables from a yard and it pulls the throttle a bit (is it supposed to be that way?) o2 sensor plug that is near the MAF plug was completely ripped off but I haven't fixed that yet...not even sure I need it to keep the motor started.

with the help of Letsride he encouraged me to wire the 02+ E5/6 F59/f60 plugs myself....pretty straight forward. Car fired right up and stayed that way for 15 secs as I didn't want to run everything without EVERYTHING in. Now everything is in and it won't start...cranks....no start. I'll start my own build thread soon but just wanted your input on any issues you ran into that you fixed so quickly you didn't even give it a second thought because it was so miniscule....
Old 04-30-18, 08:01 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 269 Likes on 236 Posts

I'll start my own build thread soon
Looking forward to seeing it. I'll be swapping my 02 sport design soon as well
Old 04-30-18, 04:48 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm currently troubleshooting. my motorset came with busted MAF pigtail (fixed), TPS plug and the unit were damaged(fixed), forum members here and elsewhere have said a corolla throttle cable works fine but i tried two different cables from a yard and it pulls the throttle a bit (is it supposed to be that way?) o2 sensor plug that is near the MAF plug was completely ripped off but I haven't fixed that yet...not even sure I need it to keep the motor started.

with the help of Letsride he encouraged me to wire the 02+ E5/6 F59/f60 plugs myself....pretty straight forward. Car fired right up and stayed that way for 15 secs as I didn't want to run everything without EVERYTHING in. Now everything is in and it won't start...cranks....no start. I'll start my own build thread soon but just wanted your input on any issues you ran into that you fixed so quickly you didn't even give it a second thought because it was so miniscule....

The 93-96 Camry cable works but the housing is a tad bit too long. Just get the TT supra cable and you will be all set and it looks cleaner too.

Glad to hear she fired up.....congrats!
Old 05-01-18, 07:18 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Heres an update. im really excited to get this setup in and see how it does. cut the two reducer silicone down to a total length on pipe to 10 3/4 inch total and had a 20 mm outside diameter re circulation valve pipe fitting welded on. now its ready to go on the engine. than the large 4 inch silicone bend and pipe be installed to it. the 4 inch silicone will also be cut back drastically that attaches to the 4 inch 45 degree pipe i have. it will connect to my current 3 inch pipe that has the maf sensor in it. that pipe will be routed down in the inner fender liner so it will draw fresh cold air in and no longer pull hot heat from the engine bay.

Old 05-01-18, 07:38 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

heres a pic of what kicked all this off. its the stock air intake for a new ford ecoboost 3.5 liter twin turbo v6. both turbos are the same size but notice how the plastic pipe that feeds the drivers side turbo is substantially larger than the pipe that goes to the passenger side turbo? thats because the air going to the driver side turbo has to make such a tight turn that the engineers opened up the diameter substantially to allow the same amount of airflow to go to the drivers side turbo. due to the tight radius, the diameter had to be larger so it wouldn't suffer from flow loss. very interesting.
Old 05-03-18, 04:31 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

so here it is. it went together fairly easily. even with it being 93 and humid here in austin today, i felt it pulled stronger and the hit when the second turbo comes online was not as abrupt which tells me the first turbo is breathing better and the transition is smoother. so far im happy. ill really know when the weather is crisper and cooler.

Old 06-19-18, 05:31 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Default update

just realized i didn't update the most recent and latest intake redesign. here it is. i talked about it in another thread specifically for better airflow for stock twins.

Old 06-19-18, 05:33 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

now for my latest update. im super stoked i decided to pull the trigger on a TOM'S chipped ecu from japan. nothing but good things for the modified engine computer. more aggressive ignition timing along with raised boost cut and speed limit. couldn't resist. ill update once i get it and install it.
Old 06-19-18, 06:39 PM
CRASHMONK
Pole Position

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Intake looks good. I wonder how far the Toms ecu can take a person. Just thinking aloud, at what point does it make sense to just go full standalone?

Damn i miss spanking my GS. I now have a 4.7 tundra as my daily...

Quick Reply: Aristo swap gs430. (**** biter)