GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Aristo swap gs430. (**** biter)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-18, 05:07 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by boostroost
Im having a no crank issue with the aristo swap in my 01 430, i have the tweaked patch harness as well- I wonder if it is related? i thought i would need to adjust the aristo shift rod so that it could sense park but now im worried i need to dig deeper into the harness..
I thought the same thing at first. but, to simply check it at first, i just disconnected the shift linkage and put the trans lever in the park position and it still wouldn't start. the issue was up at the body plugs. the wires had to be traced from the trans range switch up to the body plugs. than depinned and repinned in the correct spots. ill try to post the schematics i used. but basically had to used gs430 schematics with toyota supra a/t schematics. really though, it all boiled down to matching up the wire colors. very simple. the engine computer wasn't seeing the park signal so therefore not allowing the starter to engage. its all in the wiring. trust me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not do anything with the starter or anything else. concentrate all your effort into the to f59 and f60 plugs at ecm and all the body plugs that connect the ecm to the body harness.
Old 03-08-18, 05:10 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

youll also find that once the engine cranks over it still wont start. thats because the power to the injectors and coil are not in the right place. youll have to provide power to those from one of the large black wires in one of the body plugs.
Old 03-09-18, 07:18 AM
boostroost
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you could post or PM me details it would be much appreciated- I wasn't anticipating tracing the wiring from the 430 body plugs for the trans range switch or the injectors and coils
thanks
Old 03-10-18, 08:32 AM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/4...BodyLoomPinout
this website and aristo wiring will be your best friend. scroll halfway down the page till you get to the body plugs. theres three to pay attention to. you also might find that your alternator doesn't charge. those wires have to be switched around also. what ever you do, dont do anything except move wires around. dont cut and lengthen or anything like that. itll just make matters worse. and no you dont need to run a wire up to the ignitor. the ecm in f59 i think has a tach signal. thats what goes to your dash.
Old 03-12-18, 01:25 PM
boostroost
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks, I saw that one from earlier in the thread. I cant seem to find the 430 body loom pinout in the same format as it only has the 9 pin and 10pin body harness plugs; and how to trace where each lines up to on the 3 plugs from the aristo: the 9 pin, 10 pin and 12pin
Old 03-22-18, 04:41 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Default great car

i was getting coffee this morning and walking back out to the car the lighting was just right and it was a must to snap a picture of my baby.
its running very well. but i did get one of the more higher mileage jdm swap motors because since the get go, its had oil leak problems. the valve cover gaskets were shot. puking from the first start up. fixed that. than after about a week the oil starting covering the front of the engine all down the bottom of the oil pan. gotta do cam seals. than to make it worse. about two weeks ago. the car started smoking on start up which means worn valve stem seals. not looking forward to that. gotta pull cams and hold the valves up while pulling all the springs and retainers. but i bought all oe valve seals and cam seals and timing belt so atleast once its done its all good. i really enjoy this car now though. its very quick to pass someone and even though im running the stock recirculation valve, the pshhh sound from it is so sweet. its hard though not to start plotting out single turbo options. but what i did do to get the most out of the performance was, went and got some stock 17's and some brand new 235/45/17 continental extreme contact tires. and that was a good move. car is much more nimble and responsive due to 12 pounds lighter rotational inertia on each corner. braking is better too. so happy camper here.
Old 03-22-18, 05:35 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Great job. These cars will always be a labor of love buy you did good on the swap. Congrats!
Old 03-22-18, 05:35 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Great job. These cars will always be a labor of love buy you did good on the swap. Congrats!
Old 03-22-18, 05:58 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

ya man, i think about selling it and doing something different alot but i know that this is a great car. just the fact that its 16 years old and the paint still looks amazing is testament to toyotas ability to do it right. plus domestic vehicles are not built well. i know. i work on them every day.
Old 04-05-18, 05:17 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

just got my dbpower camera going so testing out different settings to get clear video and audio. but couple of good pulls from car. turn sound up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-18, 06:22 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 269 Likes on 236 Posts

Damn thats nice...makes me want to speed up the timeline of my swap. Any chance you could get a recording with some better sound? That exhaust sounds wicked
Old 04-06-18, 07:23 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by badblackgs
just got my dbpower camera going so testing out different settings to get clear video and audio. but couple of good pulls from car. turn sound up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://youtu.be/AUGqbcI48Ko
if you want clear audio, roll up the windows.... lol. nice video though
Old 04-06-18, 06:07 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

so going off the deep end now. decided i was losing too much power in the top end with my air fuel ratio going down to 10:1 at WOT which is like a failsafe for the aristo ecu. figured the best simplest route was to go with an aem fic 6. i have previous experience with the aem fic 8 platform and it is actually very user friendly. and can be tuned on the fly. you dont have to pull over and make adjustments than upload the changes. the purpose of the purchase is to take advantage of the injector intercept and lean out the afr's at wot where the mixture is too rich and costing alot of power. and also the fic 6 can alter the maf table so in the future when i go single and use a 4 inch intake pipe, the fic 6 can correct the voltage reading to the ecu from the maf sensor so the ecm thinks its still got the stock 3 inch pipe fitted and drive ability wont be affected. super stoked. i know enough about tuning afr's that by leaning out my mixture to closer to 11:5 will make best power and still be safe. id feel confident stating it should gain about 30 whp from leaning out the afr's. its the same thing as all the supra guys running safc's to do the same thing. but their tricking the maf sensor reading to achieve leaner afr's. im doing a safer way by just decreasing the injector pulse width. ill have it wired in soon hopefully.

Old 04-08-18, 03:42 PM
Dvemon
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You wouldn’t happen to have the schematic pin out for the 430 would you ?
Old 04-08-18, 06:40 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Default another in car video

heres a better video of in car driving. i got another camera holding device that allows me to put the camera right up on the gauges while im gettin' it. ill keep working on best angles and such. thanks!!

Quick Reply: Aristo swap gs430. (**** biter)