OEM Floor mat color?? - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

OEM Floor mat color??

Old 01-30-12, 03:50 PM   #1
Zoilus
Driver School Candidate

Default OEM Floor mat color??

Im trying to order some OEM floor mats for a 98 GS. The exterior color is Burnished Gold Metallic with a tan and taupe interior.

The choices of colors are black (which I know its NOT) Ivory or grey. I thought it was Ivory but it could be grey. This GS does not have mats in it right now so its hard for me to LOOK hands on and figure it out.

Im getting them off of ebay new and they are OEM . I just cant tell by the pics which of the 2.... Ivory or grey .

Thanks in advance
Zoilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-12, 01:02 AM   #2
sam12345
Lexus Champion

Here is my 2cents. Regardless of what the original color was for the mats your interior has 2 colors. Match the darker color. It will look good and the darker color will not show dirt as easily. So don't get the ivory your mats will always look dirty get the taupe ( not sure what taupe is but my guess is that it is darker than ivory)
sam12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-12, 01:25 AM   #3
sam12345
Lexus Champion

That's strange I looked in sewell and they also only have those three colors yet my car is a 98 with the ivory and taupe ( I call it brown) and my mats are brown (taupe) considerably darker than the carpet. Mine is a 98 gs400
sam12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-12, 06:52 AM   #4
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

I'd go with black... I'm planning on going with black mats to change the color of the interior and two tone... Interior is Tan..

Last edited by tmf2004; 01-31-12 at 07:14 AM.
tmf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-12, 07:15 AM   #5
KingNasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

the interior is 2 tone like tmf said. the rugs are supposed to match the darker of the 2 tone colors.
KingNasGS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-12, 03:20 PM   #6
hobojoe
Lead Lap

So I have the tan interior, and got the Ivory mats since when I bought my 98 GS it didn't have any.....Well I must say it looks pretty bad in contrast to the much lighter tan around it. I checked with the local Lex dealer since I had ordered these off Sewell, and they confirmed that it definitely is the OEM mat that would have been in the car when brand new. Damn these are ugly though, and they don't really match the secondary color of the interior either that are like in-between.

So my reccomendation to those with the Tan interior is to probably go with black, since gray definitely won't match. Anyone else with ideas feel free to chime in.
hobojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hobojoe For This Useful Post:
Brion (10-15-17)
Old 08-26-12, 10:23 AM   #7
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

i would stick with black mats my friend. my gs430 is grey in the interior and i couldve got grey mats to match but instead i bought black ones to match the tints lol. idk darker is always good because it helps keep the dirt out of sight. but every one is diff. choose whatever fits you best. good luck my friend!

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
aneidiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-12, 12:12 PM   #8
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

It seems oem mats from different dye batches my be slightly different shades as well. I had oem black mats and ordered a new set of oem black mats from swell, and the new ones are not nearly as deep black as the old ones. Kind of disappointing, but not as obvious in the car as it is when the two mats are side by side.
99 GS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-12, 01:50 PM   #9
Zoilus
Driver School Candidate

Since I originally started this thread way back when, I have since ordered the mats from Sewell. I got the color that was NOT Ivory or black, I think they listed it as grey. Either way I got them and they are pretty much Identical to the ones I replaced.

I know people here said "get black" but the tan/taupe (or brown whatever that darker color is called) interiors have absolutely nothing colored black in them. If you got an 01+ then your instrument cluster is black but thats about the only thing major that's that color. So black would look waaaaay to much like it doesn't belong. Especially with white LEXUS lettering...oh no.

Im happy with the color I got since it looks stock!
Old 08-27-12, 05:10 PM   #10
hobojoe
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoilus View Post
Since I originally started this thread way back when, I have since ordered the mats from Sewell. I got the color that was NOT Ivory or black, I think they listed it as grey. Either way I got them and they are pretty much Identical to the ones I replaced.

I know people here said "get black" but the tan/taupe (or brown whatever that darker color is called) interiors have absolutely nothing colored black in them. If you got an 01+ then your instrument cluster is black but thats about the only thing major that's that color. So black would look waaaaay to much like it doesn't belong. Especially with white LEXUS lettering...oh no.

Im happy with the color I got since it looks stock!
Couple pictures if you could man?
hobojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 11:06 PM   #11
Zoilus
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobojoe View Post
I am actually away from home now and will be back this Wed. I have the older mats on there now, so that way they can mess up and I don't have to worry about it. I only put the new ones on if I am going to a meet or something.

Wed or thurs I will post the pics, with my somewhat updated interior
Old 10-13-12, 03:25 PM   #12
Zoilus
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobojoe View Post

Ok I know this is waaaaay late but finally got around to taking some of a cleaned up interior , the mats are still brand new...I actually just laid them on top of the old ones. After the pics , I stored them again!

Old 10-15-17, 11:20 PM   #13
Brion
Driver School Candidate

I have the same problem however I ordered the blue/grey.
Brion is offline   Reply With Quote