Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Tech support post your question here...

Old 09-29-09, 09:39 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by edtuner
I simply wanted the gte head just for the fact that the intake manifold does not cross over the top of the motor and there was eaier to find parts for the gte!
Just go to First State Motorsports they got the FFIM (side intake) kit for the ge engines
Old 09-30-09, 06:59 AM
IndecentSC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's something for you guys: are supra studs and lugs the same as an SC?
Old 09-30-09, 08:03 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IndecentSC

The easiest way to find out is to call any parts store and ask for a stud for the supra and see if it's the same part number as the Lexus. The lug nuts should be the same. But you can check the part numbers on them too.
Old 09-30-09, 08:38 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

I simply wanted the gte head just for the fact that the intake manifold does not cross over the top of the motor and there was eaier to find parts for the gte!
The trouble that your going to go threw to change it from the cross over to the side intake would not be worth it. you would have to relocate your power steering pump and I'm not too sure if the computer even plugs up to the sensors. But for the trouble of getting a head and swapping it you might as well join the DARK SIDE.
Old 09-30-09, 10:39 AM
EDTUN3R
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DINH300
The trouble that your going to go threw to change it from the cross over to the side intake would not be worth it. you would have to relocate your power steering pump and I'm not too sure if the computer even plugs up to the sensors. But for the trouble of getting a head and swapping it you might as well join the DARK SIDE.
What do you mean by DARK SIDE LOL
Old 09-30-09, 10:46 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

2jzgte swap
Old 09-30-09, 11:25 AM
B_Sting
Driver

guys got a problem my cigarette lighters doesn't work so i can't charge my phone or gps in my car i checked fuses and they are fine.Guess i'm gonna have to take off the dash to get to the lighter and check wiring but i can't find and visible screws or clips to take it off anyone got pics or can explain how to remove the center console bit?
Old 09-30-09, 12:08 PM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Brandon767
guys got a problem my cigarette lighters doesn't work so i can't charge my phone or gps in my car i checked fuses and they are fine.Guess i'm gonna have to take off the dash to get to the lighter and check wiring but i can't find and visible screws or clips to take it off anyone got pics or can explain how to remove the center console bit?

Very easy. If you are auto then you have to pull down the lower part of the shifter(plastic part). It's easier if you unlock the shifter first and put it in neutr. But it can be done in park. It will reveal 2 Phillips screws. Remove them and pull out the shifter. Then pull the plastic shifter bezel out and unplug the harnesses. It should snap out. Just be careful to use even force. It will reveal 6 screws. Then pull out the cupholder in front of the center console. It will reveal 2 more screws. Then you should be able to pull out the surrounding. And unplug harnesses. There should be a blue harness for the cig lighter.

I've done this process about 20 times already lol.

Last edited by SH_JZZ30; 09-30-09 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-30-09, 12:52 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

TWIN TURBO SWAP
Old 09-30-09, 04:49 PM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

I have TT MK4 wheels and stock lugs on my MK3 Supra. The thread pitch usually is the same between newer Toyota's. The depth of the stud is usually the issue. To make sure call a parts place or a wheel shop.
Old 09-30-09, 05:24 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

All Toyota / Lexus cars are 12x1.5 thread .As far as I know the studs of either car are very similar in length.just make the studs don't bottom out..
Old 09-30-09, 06:30 PM
B_Sting
Driver

Originally Posted by SH_JZZ30
Very easy. If you are auto then you have to pull down the lower part of the shifter(plastic part). It's easier if you unlock the shifter first and put it in neutr. But it can be done in park. It will reveal 2 Phillips screws. Remove them and pull out the shifter. Then pull the plastic shifter bezel out and unplug the harnesses. It should snap out. Just be careful to use even force. It will reveal 4 screws. Then pull out the cupholder in front of the center console. It will reveal 2 more screws. Then you should be able to pull out the surrounding. And unplug harnesses. There should be a blue harness for the cig lighter.

I've done this process about 20 times already lol.
Thanks a million i'm gonna attempt this tomorrow driving down to hallandale to my uncles garage and do a full service on my car n hopefully sort out that socket one time, my apartment is super strict about working on your car sux big time
Old 10-01-09, 06:45 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

ok i got one i am peiceing together my turbo kit but not ready to install it yet BUT i need to do some maintenance first on my GE. So my question is since I am going to change Timeing belt and water pump and front seals can I also install a thicker HG and run the stock engine without any problems for a while. Basically want to install the ARP studs and thicker HG and still be stock is thats ok or would I have to put on the HG and Studs when I do the turbo install
Old 10-01-09, 06:56 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
ok i got one i am peiceing together my turbo kit but not ready to install it yet BUT i need to do some maintenance first on my GE. So my question is since I am going to change Timeing belt and water pump and front seals can I also install a thicker HG and run the stock engine without any problems for a while. Basically want to install the ARP studs and thicker HG and still be stock is thats ok or would I have to put on the HG and Studs when I do the turbo install
it is ok to put on the HG and studs to drive around. the car won't be as responsive because the compression has been lower. I have done this in the pass so I can tell you its ok to do so.
Old 10-01-09, 06:59 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

thanks for the response how long would you say it is safe to drive like this and what size HG to I get ? I want something thicker than stock but not that big thats it drops my compression so low. I am going to go with a 61mm or 67mm turbo btw

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tech support post your question here...