EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Kia EV6

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-22, 06:53 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Saw another one. Different color. It looked better. Almost like a wrap. This really is not a crossover. It is a wagon. Can’t believe they use ancient wiper frames on this new EV

Old 04-07-22, 07:48 AM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

First drive of the EV6 GT. Not by the journalists, however- but Albert Biermann himself.

And with Bjorn in the passenger seat. Motor winds up to 20,000 RPM.

Unlike the Mach E GT, it doesn't lose wind as you go faster.

Last edited by Motorola; 04-07-22 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-08-22, 03:45 PM
nicedude
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking forward to its comparison with the Model Y Performance. Just not sure if I can spend $60K+ on it. That should be Genesis GV60 "N" money.
Old 05-25-22, 12:58 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Hockey legend Jaromir Jagr's Kia EV6 T-boned by tram

Former NHL legend Jaromir Jagr finally hung up his Stateside skates at the end of the 2017-2018 season after an absurdly long career, but the 50-year-old still plays hockey in his native Czech Republic. He took to Instagram early Wednesday to get the word out about a crash he had while driving his Kia EV6. Seems that he didn't have enough time to clear a set of tram tracks before the tram arrived and the high-speed shuttle whacked his car in the driver's side door. He posted a picture of the car with the smashed door and blown airbags.His full caption, via Google Translate, is:

"Dear fans, and everyone else. I would just like to tell you briefly what happened today when I was involved in the accident. It was my mistake.

"On Plzeňská, I tried to cross from one direction to another. I checked the other side and drove into it at the right time. But there was a lot of traffic and I didn't have time to react to the tram, which was going at high speed in the same direction as me. I noticed her half a meter in front of me, at the last minute. I thought it was my end.

"I have always believed that force majeure has a hand over me, and today I have seen it again. Thank God!

"And it also surprised me and actually saved my Kia, from which, despite what it looked like, I climbed out without injury. But most importantly, nothing happened to the passengers on the tram. I would like to end this sad event. And I thank everyone for their understanding and also for their help to those who intervened on the spot."

Reports say that local police performed a breathalyzer test at the scene and that the result came back negative. The New York Post wrote that although Jagr "slightly injured one of his hands and was seen limping while leaving an ambulance," he declined a ride to the hospital. Looking at the door of the EV6, it's impressive that Jagr felt spry enough to walk away and text. It's also a testament to modern vehicle safety; the Kia looks like the "after" image of the 2022 EV6 put through Europe's NCAP side pole test, which slides a vehicle into a rigid pole at 20 mph.

We're glad Jagr and everyone are fine, and we hope this isn't a new annual trend. Last year, golfer Tiger Woods proved how safe the Genesis GV80 is, now hockey player Jagr has tested the EV6 in a real-world accident. Here's to hoping no athlete completes the Hyundai Group trifecta with a Hyundai in 2023.
Source
Old 06-11-22, 01:20 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Well, we finally secured one...wanted an Ioniq 5 but they sold this one with no market adjustments and an add-on (stupid paint protection). This dealership didn't do reservations so, its first come first serve and I saw this in inventory on a lazy Friday afternoon so I headed to the dealership and told them I would buy it soon as I spoke to a salesman. Funny thing was, there was a guy test driving it and when he came back, they told him it was purchased As I was doing paperwork, another person wanted to buy it too.

Its very quiet...like luxury car quiet. Much quieter than the IS350 I had. Speed is decent until you hit 80mph then you can tell the car runs out of breath. I was hoping it would feel a bit more like my Tesla but its not quite as responsive nor as quick (at any speeds). However, the suspension is very compliant. Absorbs bumps very nicely and corners pretty decently. The back seat room is enormous...love that you can recline and fall asleep easily back there. Will be a great family hauler and with 275 miles of range, a good trip vehicle especially given the insane charging speeds. I got motion sickness in it though as the wife didn't comfortably control the throttle and regen... I think she made herself sick too. lol

Old 06-11-22, 02:06 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 685 Likes on 468 Posts

Congrats! What's it replacing? EV6s charge stupid fast if you get a good EA location
Old 06-11-22, 02:08 PM
bowser
Pit Crew

Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts

^ congrats! don't forget to activate that free EA account and post pics soon
Old 06-11-22, 02:11 PM
perfctreig
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

congratulations. curious how these work out in the long run
Old 06-11-22, 02:33 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Allen K
Congrats! What's it replacing? EV6s charge stupid fast if you get a good EA location
Replacing our little Mazda 3 commuter. It was a good car but a relative needed a car so we gave it away and got this instead. We have a 350kw charging station not far away so i'm interested to go see how fast it gets I bought a TeslaTap so that I can use my wall connector to charge this too.

Originally Posted by bowser
^ congrats! don't forget to activate that free EA account and post pics soon
Yes...I did that. Now we only have 1 ICE left in the household .
Old 06-11-22, 03:28 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,310 Likes on 1,512 Posts

congrats EZZ! briefly saw both an ioniq 5 and an EV6 on my recent trip to uk... look good, not quite as big as i had imagined though.
Old 06-11-22, 04:13 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Congrats! I've seen so many EV6's in my area already. They definitely stand out from the crowd.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts!
Old 06-11-22, 04:30 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
congrats EZZ! briefly saw both an ioniq 5 and an EV6 on my recent trip to uk... look good, not quite as big as i had imagined though.
Thank you! I tried to get the other Korean twin but the dealers were going crazier on markups with those. This drove similarly and I honestly didn't know if I could get an Ioniq in a reasonable amount of time so I was aggressive in snatching this up. Don't regret it...my wife LOVES it. Its not that big but there is a ton of 2nd seat leg room. The cabin is actually very large as there is no engine up front so they utilized the space really well.

Originally Posted by GFerg
Congrats! I've seen so many EV6's in my area already. They definitely stand out from the crowd.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts!
I get to drive on family excursions and its pretty nice. Yes...it does feel more solid than my Tesla . Powertrain is the biggest difference I feel so far...not just the power but the responsiveness. Tesla really has the powertrain down pat but its not to say that the EV6 is bad. Its really nice overall and pulls pretty decently in the mid-range. Gets to 80mph very quickly and kinda runs out of breath a little past 90mph.

Kia cheaped out on the charger...it doesn't come with one. It doesn't even come with a parcel shelf! I checked over the car and it didn't have panel gaps... I recommend a test drive if anyone is interested. Its a wonderful car.
Old 06-11-22, 11:11 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,037 Likes on 1,581 Posts

Congrats! I was busy today with my daughters graduation from UC Irvine, so just saw this! So far I've seen a few EV6 and several Ioniq 5's on this trip and talked to two different Ioniq 5 owners yesterday. They absolutely love the car. Should take you no more than 18 minutes to get from 10 to 80 percent on a 350kW fast charger.

What are the specs? HP? From the range it seems it's probably the dual motor AWD.

30 to 90 is really all the strong pull you really need for quick freeway on ramps and the occasional merging. I've only hit 100 mph briefly only once merging and changing lanes. On long trips I like to keep it around 80mph.

Post some pics and more details when you get a chance!
Old 06-11-22, 11:30 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 956 Likes on 761 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Post some pics and more details when you get a chance!
Ditto,
Yes please, wanna see what ya got.
Old 06-12-22, 08:44 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

I've been driving this around to get a feel for the car and I'm pretty happy with the purchase. Interior is spacious...shockingly so for the size of the car. Its about as long as my Model 3 but with much more back seat room. Infotainment is quick and the graphics are pretty...the UI is good but Carplay is better. The Tesla interface is much better IMO but this has more physical controls so thats a bonus for a lot of people. Seats are extremely comfortable and the ventilation works well. We got the Wind vs. the GT Line because wife doesn't really use HUD and doesn't like sun roofs so this trim was perfect for her.

This car gets compared to the Model Y quite a bit and I've ridden in a Model Y. Owning a Model 3 for 3 years, I think I can gauge the strengths and weaknesses of the the two cars pretty well right now. My initial thoughts are that the EV6 ride quality is much better than the Y (I hear the newer ones have improved though). It absorbs bumps very well...no crashing like Teslas. For daily driving, its just better a better experience but the handling limits aren't as good. I bet the Model Y would smoke it around a track. Sport mode in the EV6 doesn't change anything but throttle response. In the Tesla, it firms up the steering.

Funny thing is, people don't really know what it is. I was at a light and we were heading into the hills where we live and the Model Y on my left was going to accelerate then cut over. I don't like when there are cars in front of me so I just bolted at the light...you could tell the Model Y accelerated faster than normal but I took off in the EV6 and immediately pulled a car. He realized it was over and looked shocked when he tucked in behind...had a puzzled look on his face . This thing is easily as fast as a Model Y...at least to ~70mph. You can tell it starts to run out of breath past 80mph though. I can feel that people underestimate the car because its a Kia and when I take off in the car, they look surprised its this fast...i even picked on a poor BMW that didn't know what this was . Fun times.

I like the quirkiness of the Ioniq 5 better. I would have preferred that car but all the dealers were charging ~$7.5k over and there was a long waitlist for the dealers that didn't charge markup. Unfortunately, its been average about 1 Limited trim per week. I think I'm like number 50-100 on the waitlist...it would have taken a year to get what I wanted. This car actually offers a lot of the features on the Ioniq 5 Limited but a trim down. The Hyundai trim levels are stupid where the 2 lower trims are significantly de-contented and you have to get the Limited to get a lot of the goodies (memory seats, seat ventilation, better stereo...etc.). The EV6 mid trims have way more of the features as standard but its more expensive than the Ioniq 5 mid trim...but overall a better compromise.

I highly recommend test driving this car...I think I would have picked this car over the Model Y even at the same price. Its just a bonus that its $11k cheaper MSRP and I still get a $7.5k rebate. Its a steal for nearly $20k cheaper than the Y.
Attached Thumbnails Kia EV6-photo51.jpg   Kia EV6-photo748.jpg   Kia EV6-photo789.jpg   Kia EV6-photo536.jpg   Kia EV6-photo512.jpg  

Last edited by EZZ; 06-12-22 at 09:23 AM.

Quick Reply: Kia EV6