ES350 drifting to the right after Eibach Prokit

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-11, 09:54 PM
lexusa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ES350 drifting to the right after Eibach Prokit

I need help!

I just lower my ES350 2007 using the Eibach Prokit, 2010 Camry's V6 SE shocks with a set of BBS wheels and new tires (18x8). I took the car to be aligned, but after all the work the car is still drifting a little to the right. Tire kingdom said that is nothing that they can do because they can not adjust the CASTER. like

Is there anything I can do to correct the drifting to the right?

Thank you in advance!
SpeedyWinds
Old 02-06-11, 07:51 AM
cssnms
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Did you let the springs settle before getting it aligned? Springs need to settle for at least a week before getting your car aligned. I also recommend taking your car to another shop that a has a good alignment machine operating by someone that is experienced. Not all alignment machines are created equal.
Old 02-06-11, 08:19 AM
lexusa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cssnms
Did you let the springs settle before getting it aligned? Springs need to settle for at least a week before getting your car aligned. I also recommend taking your car to another shop that a has a good alignment machine operating by someone that is experienced. Not all alignment machines are created equal.

Thank you so much for your advice. I did wait a week (arround 100 miles), took it back again to a new tirekingdom shop that they still said that the car is under specs and is nothing that they can do . Will a Lexus dealer will be better to have the car look at?

Thank you again!

SpeedyWinds
Orlando Fl
Old 02-06-11, 09:31 AM
cssnms
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusa
Thank you so much for your advice. I did wait a week (arround 100 miles), took it back again to a new tirekingdom shop that they still said that the car is under specs and is nothing that they can do . Will a Lexus dealer will be better to have the car look at?

Thank you again!

SpeedyWinds
Orlando Fl
Lexus would certainly be better at it and I can almost guarantee you that their machine is better. That said, Lexus will charge you an arm and leg to do it though. I would consider a Toyota dealership before Lexus.

I would recommend taking it to a quality garage that specializes in installing and working on aftermarket performance parts. You are in FL so I have got to imagine you have an aftermarket performance specialty garage in your area. If you are not familiar with any I would post the question in the FL section of the BMW forum at http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=211 The bimmer guys are big into the aftermarket tuning scene and generally know their stuff. Lots of FL guys on there so someone over there should be able to steer you in the right direction of a good reputable shop.
Old 02-06-11, 11:46 AM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

I guess the simple questions would be do you have the alignment read out and is it within the Lexus specifications. That would be my 1st look to make sure that caster/camber and toe are in spec. In fact I would have this done with stock wheels and tires. I would also have the new wheels rebalanced and checked for run out. I would also have the tires checked for roundness and if directional then make sure they are mounted on the correct side. If all is correct and you still have the problem then there is a geometry problem with the kit. I assume you didn't have this problem before you did the mod.
Old 02-06-11, 01:31 PM
Jimbo68
Rookie

Have you rotated the new tires to determine if there is an issue there? Although simple, I assume you have checked the tire pressure in your right front compared to the left front. A couple pounds can cause drift.
Old 02-07-11, 06:04 PM
Tazzman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jagtoes
I guess the simple questions would be do you have the alignment read out and is it within the Lexus specifications. That would be my 1st look to make sure that caster/camber and toe are in spec. In fact I would have this done with stock wheels and tires. I would also have the new wheels rebalanced and checked for run out. I would also have the tires checked for roundness and if directional then make sure they are mounted on the correct side. If all is correct and you still have the problem then there is a geometry problem with the kit. I assume you didn't have this problem before you did the mod.
Well....... Within Lexus specs? it is now lowered so he now has NO specs within Lexus. He/Alignment shop now needs to create the cars own specs to run.
A good Mech who understands MODing a cars susp needs to be found to help correct this if the Specs are un-even.
If the specs are not un-even he may only have a tire or wheel issue "wheel more than likely not".
A drift to me would be tires.
A hard pull would be out of your new cross spec range.
Normal Runout checks are for Bearings/Hubs not wheels.

Find a custom shop/ hot rod shop etc.. Someone who understands alignments not someone who knows how to look at the sceen if you understand.
Susp diog is actualy easy, Start by having a spec print out with ALL angles measured INC SAI and cross measurements.

You may just have a Roadforce variation in your tires A good tire shop can check this for you.

EDIT... re reading the OP post.. If it has a caster reading out from side to side, Is the replacement Strut bent? seated correctly ? Were all parts NEW on the kit and the shocks?

Last edited by Tazzman; 02-08-11 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-12-11, 11:19 AM
Tazzman
Driver School Candidate

Any luck with this one?
Old 02-14-11, 01:06 AM
RY2K
Driver School Candidate

find a shop that has a new Hunter alignment machine