Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hmm...upgrades.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-12, 05:43 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Hmm...upgrades.

Well, I returned home from my final deployment recently and I wanted to go get the rig of my dreams. I found one yesterday, it literally fell in my lap while I was in for service. She is a 2011 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4x4 Crewcab. Options include:

-Tow Package
-In-dash DVD Player/touch screen/HDD Radio
-5.7L Hemi
-Split folding rear bench with lockable in-floor storage compartments
-Rhino Spray-in Bedliner
-AWD (4x4 Auto)
-Multiple Displacement System 4-Cylinder Shutdown.
-Factory Dual exhaust.
-20" Wheels
-CLIV Trailer Hitch
-Power Memory front seats
-U-connect
-heated steering wheel

...the list goes on.

They threw in a soft tonneau cover, which I get to pick up monday if it comes in. They are also letting me go in monday, put both trucks on a lift side-by-side and swap my new brakes, and my new Total Load Control helper air springs for the rear end. I swapped everything else yesterday at the lot. So without futher ado...here she is!:

Old with the new:

Old 08-05-12, 06:26 AM
Cartune
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You deserve it, nice upgrade, congratz
Old 08-05-12, 08:12 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

great upgrade....!! congrats!!

black huh...good luck keeping that rig clean...I drove myself crazy with my 1 black car I owned.
Old 08-05-12, 09:27 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

It was either a black Big Horn, or a 2-tone white/gold Laramie Longhorn. The longhorn was 23k more than this truck, so this was the obvious choice. Plus, I hate white with a passion. I can live with black. Its a leftover '11, I got it for 35k OTD. Thats no money down, 3% interest, 72 months. They gave me 19k CASH for my trade, and I took it and ran. I wanted to do a complete finance for about a year. I havent financed anything in a while so this will keep my credit current, in a year, I will pay it off and own it outright.
Old 08-05-12, 09:50 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Welcome home!!!! Thanks for everything you've done. Enjoy your new toy!!
Old 08-05-12, 10:18 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

That's an awesome truck! Congratulations on the purchase! You deserve it for all that you have done for the United States! Thank you for your service

It's going to be a pain to keep the truck clean considering it's black. But, it'll pay off once it's clean and shining. My RX which is black, look's awesome when clean and detailed properly. But, get one swirl-mark and your done for. LOL
Old 08-05-12, 10:30 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice upgrade there! I agree that black is going to be a pain in the ***, but you probably knew that when buying already! lol I'm assuming you'll be taking this one out for some nice drive time on that long road trip you mentioned in another thread?
Old 08-05-12, 01:01 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

Nice truck. Was your 09 a full-size crew cab or was it the tiny quad cab?

After 09, the Dodge went from third choice to second choice for me. The new direction Dodge has taken the last few years is the right direction. I've been driving a couple of Grand Caravans the last several weeks for work(one an 08 and the other an 09). The design is so much better than the last generation...
Old 08-05-12, 01:10 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Originally Posted by hypervish
That's an awesome truck! Congratulations on the purchase! You deserve it for all that you have done for the United States! Thank you for your service

It's going to be a pain to keep the truck clean considering it's black. But, it'll pay off once it's clean and shining. My RX which is black, look's awesome when clean and detailed properly. But, get one swirl-mark and your done for. LOL
I hate swirls, but I have my GG orbital so it shouldn't be too hard to keep up with. Its got a few VERY FEW in it already. Since I wax so often it is better for me to use fillers to hide them every 2 weeks, then polish it once a year.

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
Nice upgrade there! I agree that black is going to be a pain in the ***, but you probably knew that when buying already! lol I'm assuming you'll be taking this one out for some nice drive time on that long road trip you mentioned in another thread?
Yes, this will be the road trip monster. The Hemi will be nice when towin' that 7,000 lb from TX to TN, then back to WA.
Originally Posted by BrettJacks
Nice truck. Was your 09 a full-size crew cab or was it the tiny quad cab?

After 09, the Dodge went from third choice to second choice for me. The new direction Dodge has taken the last few years is the right direction. I've been driving a couple of Grand Caravans the last several weeks for work(one an 08 and the other an 09). The design is so much better than the last generation...
BJ, The 09 was a quad cab, and while it was adequate for just my wife and I, the dog made it difficult and with the possibility of adopting kids soon, well, I don't even want to think about it. O_O.

We paid 10 grand more for this truck than the blue one, but it has a TON more space and a crapload of features the other one didnt have.
Old 08-05-12, 01:26 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the new ride.
Old 08-05-12, 04:00 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
Its a leftover '11, I got it for 35k OTD. Thats no money down, 3% interest, 72 months. They gave me 19k CASH for my trade, and I took it and ran. I wanted to do a complete finance for about a year. I havent financed anything in a while so this will keep my credit current, in a year, I will pay it off and own it outright.
great deal

I'm looking to dump my 11 Jeep Liberty 4X4 since I no longer need the 4WD....nobody wants to give me squat for it tho (as a trade-in)
Old 08-05-12, 05:33 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on the upgrade.
Old 08-06-12, 12:23 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
I hate swirls, but I have my GG orbital so it shouldn't be too hard to keep up with. Its got a few VERY FEW in it already. Since I wax so often it is better for me to use fillers to hide them every 2 weeks, then polish it once a year.

Yes, this will be the road trip monster. The Hemi will be nice when towin' that 7,000 lb from TX to TN, then back to WA.

BJ, The 09 was a quad cab, and while it was adequate for just my wife and I, the dog made it difficult and with the possibility of adopting kids soon, well, I don't even want to think about it. O_O.

We paid 10 grand more for this truck than the blue one, but it has a TON more space and a crapload of features the other one didnt have.
That explains it, I was wondering why pay more and go through the trouble for an identical trunk.
Old 08-06-12, 07:54 AM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

nice upgrade. congrats!!
Old 08-06-12, 09:16 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Congratulations again Josh on the new ride!

Time to update your sig

Quick Reply: Hmm...upgrades.