Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: Leaning towards one of the following so far...Help I like em all!
04 or newer Acura TL
23.81%
04 or newer Acura TSX
38.10%
05 or newer Acura RL AWD
19.05%
06 or newer Mazda 6 Grand Touring
0%
03 or newer Audi A6 Quattro
19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Looking for a different car

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-12, 10:24 PM
-Samurai-
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Well, just what do you consider a "Grandma" car? I see little old ladies driving all kinds of different vehicles, not just big Buicks and Cadillacs like the nonsense you read in some of the auto-press. That's one reason (among many) why I don't buy the notion of automotive stereotypes.
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
But you are looking at a bunch of FWD cars

j/k
Lol come on guys, yes I do admit I saw an old lady mid 60's driving a bright red Celica with the TRD body kit LMAO, but how often do you see an older lady driving sporty cars like that? Occasionally yes. But I can not see me, a 22 year old, driving a pruis, carolla, etc. I know I'm going FWD but theres not much of a choice when it comes to fuel efficiency, at least some FWD cars have sporty stying such as the TSX per say. If I had my way I'd be getting a brand new IS AWD! But I dont have the cash at the moment lol, maybe later though lol
Old 04-20-12, 11:57 PM
SaintNexus
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if someone mentioned this or not, but if fuel efficiency is what you're looking for, than there are a lot of Toyota Prii's out there for under $12k; easily.
Old 04-21-12, 09:48 AM
-Samurai-
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Incredible
I don't know if someone mentioned this or not, but if fuel efficiency is what you're looking for, than there are a lot of Toyota Prii's out there for under $12k; easily.
Im going for more fuel efficiency than the SC4 but not needing the efficiency of a prius. So I'm looking for something that can still go pretty quick but for better mileage than the SC4. Maybe upper 20's low 30's with decent horsepower.
Old 04-21-12, 12:02 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

With gas prices being what they are, I wouldn't look for many bargains on a used Prius. Right now, new or used, they are more in demand than Happy Hour at Clancy's Bar.
Old 04-22-12, 03:29 AM
SaintNexus
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
With gas prices being what they are, I wouldn't look for many bargains on a used Prius. Right now, new or used, they are more in demand than Happy Hour at Clancy's Bar.
I agree MM, but even though the demand is high, I've never had a problem being able to find a few on cars.com. I remember seeing this one Prius, it was an 04, had close to 200k miles on it, but it was being sold for dirt cheap; like $7k.

Originally Posted by -Samurai-
Im going for more fuel efficiency than the SC4 but not needing the efficiency of a prius. So I'm looking for something that can still go pretty quick but for better mileage than the SC4. Maybe upper 20's low 30's with decent horsepower.
Ok, I'm not sure if leasing is an option for you, but I'd recommend going with a Toyota Camry.

They got a lease special for the Camry SE model, with $1,999 down, and $229 a month ($219 a month for the LE model). Yeah, it's a 4 cylinder, but it gets close to 200hp, and it's MPG is right up your alley with 25/35.

The interior of the car is super nice, and the exterior look is aggressive too; yet a little subtle.

Another good lease would be a Hyundai Elantra for under $200 a month, great highway mileage; and you'd get a lot of bang for your buck.

But if you want to buy a car instead of leasing one; why not get a Jetta TDI? Great mileage, nimble little car.
Old 04-22-12, 08:27 AM
-Samurai-
Lead Lap

I agree MM, but even though the demand is high, I've never had a problem being able to find a few on cars.com. I remember seeing this one Prius, it was an 04, had close to 200k miles on it, but it was being sold for dirt cheap; like $7k.

Ok, I'm not sure if leasing is an option for you, but I'd recommend going with a Toyota Camry.

They got a lease special for the Camry SE model, with $1,999 down, and $229 a month ($219 a month for the LE model). Yeah, it's a 4 cylinder, but it gets close to 200hp, and it's MPG is right up your alley with 25/35.

The interior of the car is super nice, and the exterior look is aggressive too; yet a little subtle.

Another good lease would be a Hyundai Elantra for under $200 a month, great highway mileage; and you'd get a lot of bang for your buck.

But if you want to buy a car instead of leasing one; why not get a Jetta TDI? Great mileage, nimble little car.
Yeah i dont think I want to be leasing, might put more miles than I am allowed on it. The new Camry's are pretty cool looking but dont want to lease :\. I'll check out what available for the Jettas
Old 04-30-12, 01:46 PM
-Samurai-
Lead Lap

Applied for a loan for a TL lol
Old 05-09-12, 11:32 PM
-Samurai-
Lead Lap

F' it all!! LOL I want to keep the SC!!! Cant let her go yet, love her way to much!