Canada For events in Canada.

The "Stupid-Vancouver-Driver" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-09, 10:08 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The "Stupid-Vancouver-Driver" Thread

I would argue there is, by far, some of THE WORST driving in this city; we all see it nearly every day and I was just thinking (as I was whitnessing some supreme stupid this morning) that we should have a thread to share all the stupid things we see people do that just makes you shake your head.

I'll start it off with the large amount of stupid I saw this morning in the span of half an hr.

1 - Deer Lake Parkway @ Royal Oak: guy doesn't (or wont) understand the concept of merging so he decideds to completely ride my bumper ... in his Honda CR-V (w. trailer). Buddy even shook his fist at me, I couldn't believe it, it's rush hour, there are cars in front of me & as we all know, you can only go as fast as the car in front of you so buddy, calm down and get off my bumper.

2 - Woman on Boundary in new Matrix half pulls into traffic (as in, half into the lane of moving cars) and stops, she then pulls back over to the side. I honked at her for stopping in a lane of moving traffic and she gave me a look ... seriously

3 - man (not in a car, but still very stupid) makes a mad dash across Willingdon on the south side of the overpass, through all kinds of not slow moving traffic

4 - Also @ Willingdon and Canada Way: pick up who just got off the freeway and cut across all lanes of traffic (from far right side to left turn lane, people do this all the time here and it drives me nuts because they create all kinds of traffic issues behind them). This guy in the pick up, does a U-turn OVER the median, forcing traffic going both ways to stop (you better believe I also honked at this)

(can you believe I have more to say? At this point I was thinking maybe it's me who's nuts)

5 - Canada Way and Royal Oak: X5 does a U-turn (yea, another U-turn, go around the block people!) and instead of exicuting this U-turn in any reasonable fashion, X5 does minor off roading over the sidewalk and on some grass (I did not honk at this since it didn't hinder me, but many other people honked because this also stopped traffic)

6 - relatively speaking this one wasn't so bad but I'll include it anyhow: Corolla turns left off Royal Oak and after sitting and seriously thinking about the turn (complete with about 6 shoulder checks), blatently misjudges it and hits the sidewalk.

So now I'm at home again and can't believe (as I'm typing) that all this happened in half an hr.

addendum: there were some other minor ones as well, like an old man (and I mean old) in a Chrysler wanted to race me ... wtf ... he even motioned with his hand like he was firing a gun at me later on in when he ended up behind me, oh and not to forget the overly blingy ML I saw (remember 22"s with chrome spinners? yea, he had those) but the ML didn't do anything stupid driving wise ... just mod wise.

Anyone else?

edit: I hit post and saw how long that was ... how can there be this much stupid!!??

Last edited by Faymester; 04-15-09 at 10:09 AM. Reason: omglongpost
Old 04-15-09, 11:27 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

it's Vancouver man...I'd get really concerned if for just one day noone shakes their fist in anger at me or cuts me off with their SUV
Old 04-15-09, 12:11 PM
98SC400BLK
Driver

Too many angery people out there, but driving here just isn't much fun. Traffic and cops everywhere.

People just need to calm down and know that the only solution is to leave your house early.
Old 04-15-09, 12:26 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Faymester
addendum: there were some other minor ones as well, like an old man (and I mean old) in a Chrysler wanted to race me ... wtf ... he even motioned with his hand like he was firing a gun at me later on in when he ended up behind me, oh and not to forget the overly blingy ML I saw (remember 22"s with chrome spinners? yea, he had those) but the ML didn't do anything stupid driving wise ... just mod wise.
but did you beat him?
Old 04-15-09, 12:42 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man all i gotta say is... richmond has allot of stupid drivers... soooooooo damn slow... annoys the hell outta me.. esp when ur driving and theres 2 drivers going side by side.. and its UNDER the speed limit.. and they clearly see there holding up traffic but they keep on driving so damn slow and they dont even move outta the way for you
Old 04-15-09, 12:53 PM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Faymester
1 - Deer Lake Parkway @ Royal Oak: guy doesn't (or wont) understand the concept of merging so he decideds to completely ride my bumper ... in his Honda CR-V (w. trailer). Buddy even shook his fist at me, I couldn't believe it, it's rush hour, there are cars in front of me & as we all know, you can only go as fast as the car in front of you so buddy, calm down and get off my bumper.
Are you in the Rover? if so he's prob just jealous and can't afford one that CAN tow a trailer. lol Besides that, maybe he can't see in front since he's only in a CRV.
Old 04-16-09, 10:43 AM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Yeah Vancouver is pretty bad in terms of driving. I had some smart *** in a late 80's rusted out Camry try to merge into my lane when there was a parked car in his...and he just kept creeping into my lane and forced me to go into the opposite direction lane so his beater didn't scratch me.
Also, driving on the Cambie bridge and merging towards the south end is a nightmare. Also people driving beaters and they just go towards you no matter what until they almost hit you!
I want to buy a $1k beater and teach all these guys a lesson, but it's not worth paying for extra parking+insurance.
Old 04-16-09, 02:51 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Beater cars are the worst because you KNOW they want you to hit them.

Had one today (not nearly as bad as yesterday, just more than stupid)

Right lane is ending and there's an MR2 in the lane, so I leave him enough room to get in front of me (thinking that clearly my progress won't be hindered by an MR2) but instead of taking the space MR2 STOPS and then cuts the guy behind me off (and badly at that). The MR2 made a full stop to lane change.
Old 04-21-09, 12:44 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone ever tried to park in the London Drugs parking lot at 41st and Victoria? Wow..
DONT..!
Try standing there for 15 minutes and see how many cars you see bump another one.
Old 04-21-09, 09:51 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
Has anyone ever tried to park in the London Drugs parking lot at 41st and Victoria? Wow..
DONT..!
Try standing there for 15 minutes and see how many cars you see bump another one.
I know EXACTLY what you mean!

How about just being in the right lane to turn from Victoria on to 41st, you NEVER GET TO GO because of the traffic jam that parking lot creates.
Old 04-24-09, 06:27 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

I can't stand this anymore. I think at least 5% of the cars that park near me hit me with their doors on purpose! I always see paint chips inside the dents, so they have obviously damaged their clunker as well. I can't believe how disrespectful people are out there...I really want to catch one of them and leave a dent in their head to remind them not to damage other peoples property.
Old 04-24-09, 06:54 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by ivanz
I can't stand this anymore. I think at least 5% of the cars that park near me hit me with their doors on purpose! I always see paint chips inside the dents, so they have obviously damaged their clunker as well. I can't believe how disrespectful people are out there...I really want to catch one of them and leave a dent in their head to remind them not to damage other peoples property.
holy crap! that really sucks! you really need to try to park your car away from other cars, it's the only way to safe guard against dents. have you gone to a dent removal shop to pop out your dents?
Old 04-24-09, 08:05 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Stormforge
holy crap! that really sucks! you really need to try to park your car away from other cars, it's the only way to safe guard against dents. have you gone to a dent removal shop to pop out your dents?
Unfortunately, I couldn't do that at work, since I was lucky to even have a parking spot. It gets filled 100% by the late morning...this is where it happens most. Thankfully I don't work there anymore, but what's done is done. I really don't have issues when going to random places outside of that parking lot...and its not one of those cheap ones either (work paid for it)

So far I have 3 dents that have taken out the paint, so I'm extremely pissed.

I am planning to do that some time soon, but I can't exactly afford to fix every single dent one by one. Any recommendations where to go? I don't want to make it even worse by going to a crappy one...just using the touch up pen for now.
Old 04-24-09, 11:18 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by ivanz
Unfortunately, I couldn't do that at work, since I was lucky to even have a parking spot. It gets filled 100% by the late morning...this is where it happens most. Thankfully I don't work there anymore, but what's done is done. I really don't have issues when going to random places outside of that parking lot...and its not one of those cheap ones either (work paid for it)

So far I have 3 dents that have taken out the paint, so I'm extremely pissed.

I am planning to do that some time soon, but I can't exactly afford to fix every single dent one by one. Any recommendations where to go? I don't want to make it even worse by going to a crappy one...just using the touch up pen for now.
you can try dents unlimited (never tried them before, so i don't know how good they are). they have been around for quite some time, so should be reliable. from what you're telling me about the paint, you probably will need to repaint. when it's time to repaint, let me know and i can recommend a good bodyshop.

i will be going to this bodyshop in a couple of weeks, i will most likely have to get my hood repainted (damn rock chip! ). we can meet up and see if the bodyshop will do a special price for us if we bring both our cars in (just a thought)
Old 04-25-09, 12:42 AM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Ah, thanks, will give them a try. I also have a rock chip in the front along with that dent/chip on the door which needs repainting. However, I will probably wait until I get a couple more for now...as repainting the door+hood is probably going to get quite expensive. The others I guess I will let the dent removers try their best, as the paint is still intact.

Quick Reply: The "Stupid-Vancouver-Driver" Thread