Canada For events in Canada.

The "Stupid-Vancouver-Driver" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-09, 12:04 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a good one from today.

I'm at the Kensington SBUX around 11am (going to school for midterm) get coffee & come back to my car; here's where the stupid begins.

This ample sized old woman with a cane decides she must get into her car RIGHT NOW (can't wait the less than one minute it would take for me to leave my spot). So I said to her very politely, if she wanted to wait just a sec I and my car will be gone. Woman gets mad, like really mad and babling incomprehensibly. While she's being nuts she bangs my passenger side mirror with her cane and opens her cars' door into my passenger door; still being polite about it I say there's no need to hit my car. She tells me I'm a bish and that she didn't touch my car (this is while her door is still touching mine, like really). Still in polite voice I said 'unbelievable, I'm trying to be accomodating and you're giving me $h*t' ... because I'm clearly dealing with an intillectual marvle she tells me again how much of a bish I am amidst more incoherant bables. Now, I'm going to a midterm and decided it wasn't worth arguing, I'll just take her plate number and deal with it later and I informed her as much - she yells more.

As I'm driving up the hill I thought *no, there's no need for that type of behavior, by that age you should know about respect and how to act reasonable & rationally* so (and feel free to tell me I took it too far) I called the non-emergency police and filed an incident report.
Old 06-15-09, 02:29 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Faymester

I'm at the Kensington SBUX around 11am (going to school for midterm) get coffee & come back to my car; here's where the stupid begins.

This ample sized old woman with a cane decides she must get into her car RIGHT NOW (can't wait the less than one minute it would take for me to leave my spot). So I said to her very politely, if she wanted to wait just a sec I and my car will be gone. Woman gets mad, like really mad and babling incomprehensibly. While she's being nuts she bangs my passenger side mirror with her cane and opens her cars' door into my passenger door; still being polite about it I say there's no need to hit my car. She tells me I'm a bish and that she didn't touch my car (this is while her door is still touching mine, like really). Still in polite voice I said 'unbelievable, I'm trying to be accomodating and you're giving me $h*t' ... because I'm clearly dealing with an intillectual marvle she tells me again how much of a bish I am amidst more incoherant bables. Now, I'm going to a midterm and decided it wasn't worth arguing, I'll just take her plate number and deal with it later and I informed her as much - she yells more.

As I'm driving up the hill I thought *no, there's no need for that type of behavior, by that age you should know about respect and how to act reasonable & rationally* so (and feel free to tell me I took it too far) I called the non-emergency police and filed an incident report.
you showed remarkable restraint on your part. filing the incident report would be the best option, and take it to icbc to fix any damages.

i'm glad it wasn't me; i would have kapowed her if she had put a dent or scratch on my car!
Old 06-16-09, 02:14 AM
burnabykid
Pole Position

hope this didnt rattle your midterm concentration. i would have taken some pictures (cell phone cam at the least) for some proof that she was parked beside you. having that helps your claim substantially, otherwise, ICBC will just send her a notice saying that she's involved in an investigation, and unless theres witnesses, she can say that she didn't do it and there goes your claim. been through a similar case.
Old 06-16-09, 03:20 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

I'm not persuing anything, it's so minor it's not worth the time & her car was white as well. Now, if this had been on my Rover or my STS there would have been a much bigger problem for her.

What is going to happen is a very nice Ociffer (officer) is going to pay her a personal visit and explain that she's damn lucky I'm not charging her with hit and run and verbal assault.

In this case it's the principle because so often people scuff/ding/damage our cars and they get away with it, well I happened to be there for this one so I did something about it. Too bad this wasn't the more major rub on one of my rear corvers that would have been perfect.

My midterm: not my finest work, but I'm sure it will be alright.
Old 07-03-09, 10:46 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

It's been a while but I saw a good one a couple days ago.

I'm sitting outside at the Cactus Club on Kingsway (across from metro) & I see this woman (older goldy-brown Camry, I think we know where this is goins already) flat out STOP in the middle of Kingsway and BACK UP INTO TRAFFIC THAT WAS STILL MOVING FORWARDS so she could turn right from not the curb lane into the metro above ground parking lot (the Superstore one). Woman didn't back up far enough so when she turned in, she drove her Camry OVER THE CURB between the go-in and come-out driveway that's there. Now here's the kicker, in the come-out part of that parking lot entrance sits a marked RCMP car (waiting to turn right; guess what the po-po does about all this ... NOTHING ... that's right, nothing. Could not believe.

p.s. the not-my-finest-work comment from my last post ... still got me an A on my midterm love it.
Old 07-10-09, 02:49 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

So you finally met my wife. Oh well, I don't have to introduce you two now...

That was my cane with the Lexus logo, btw...
Old 07-20-09, 06:16 PM
s300ae
Driver

Given to the pending criminal investigation of this case, i can only release minor details.

One night, I was coming back home from Burnaby heading southbound on the Alex Fraser. Doing my usual 110Km in the left lane, I was surprised to see a car appear on my *** and almost rear end me. I managed to get out of the way, and let the car pass. As I got behind the vehicle, it appeared to be swerving left and right between the white lines. Given this was my 4th drunk driver incident (long time some guy cut me off, i followed him, he went wrong way on a street and crashed into a ditch, he blew way over the limit, i appeared in court and he pleaded guilty. another one in surrey, had a lady cut me off so i had cops pull her over, she was a DUI as well. Third one, nothing interesting happened, followed a lady, she ran a red and luckily there was a cop there waiting for her), i knew exactly what to do. She took the same exit as I would take to go home, so it made it even more convenient. I followed her at a "safe distance" while i was on the phone with dispatch. Traveling along 72nd east bound in the right lane, I noticed flashing lights from behind. It appeared to be a Fire truck on code 3. Two cars from the left lane, had to merge for the firetruck so they basically ended up cutting off the car in front of me. Being under the influence, the driver of that car that almost rear ended me, swiftly merged into the left lane. BAMMMMM! The firetruck rearends the drunk driver sending her across King George! Water spews out of the truck and floods the street. I pulled over to check on the driver who was calmly talking on the cell phone. The firefighters as well as myself, were amazed at the damage caused by the car to the trunk. The whole front end was smashed in, but only small scratches on the drivers car. I couldn't believe it, nor could the Chief who showed up to see the damage. Once the police arrived, the driver blew over, and I have yet another court date on the 28th of August.

The End.
Old 07-21-09, 05:12 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Anyone else feel like the proportion of stupid drivers has increased in the heat?

- people not signaling
- people not shoulder checking
- people randomly turning
- PEDESTRIANS WALKING WHERE EVER THEY WANT TO!!!!!!!!
- random slow drivers
- lane drifters
Old 07-21-09, 05:16 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

yes I know what you mean now...yesterday when I was at Richmond I ran into maybe 10 dumazz drivers, then when I was test driving a car, I ran into 10 more...

Best to stay inside and order in I say haha