Canada For events in Canada.

The "Stupid-Vancouver-Driver" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-09, 03:27 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Faymester
^ that's where you get out and make them take care of what ever they just did.
I would but he was bigger than I was.
Old 05-14-09, 09:12 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nextourer
I would but he was bigger than I was.
Ah, yes, that might be a problem.
Old 05-14-09, 09:51 AM
1conbaba
Rookie

I was whitnessing some supreme(white supreme) Honda CR-V (w. trailer,new Matrix,X5,Chrysler(German owned),Corolla,overly blingy ML I,Beater cars,my last car (an Envoy) ,*cough cough* corolla on SFU hill this morning *cough cough*),Nissan 350Zs Being an automatic makes it worse. and stupid in almost everypost!

Yes i saw the pattern! it's smell import cars hater!
Old 05-14-09, 01:51 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnaby
I've used these guys before, but it should be less expensive. At the time, three years past he was charging $115 for five "simple" dents. They are excellent in every way, as the poster above described.

I still carry his card with me, but I'm a lot more careful where I park.
prices for everything goes up over time, even dent repairs
Old 05-28-09, 12:29 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

I went out today for less than an hour and managed to have several annoying incedents.

Went to metro to buy hair product (you guys didn't think my hair naturally goes that way right?) and that was all well and good suprisingly, but I left there to go to the liquor store at highgate (old middle gate) and here's where it gets stupid.

1. random wants to race me light to light down kingsway (this is at like 4:30pm btw), I choose not to play along for obvious reasons, but he didn't like this so he would keep getting behind me until I turned left to highgate

2. I'm signaling and waiting for this person to leave their spot (all kinds of patiantly, I'm not in a rush, I've got no where I must be). Person leaves so while I'm waiting for oncoming car to pass (no rush = no reason to be obnoxious and hold up extra traffic) this LITTLE OLD MAN IN A GOLD ACCORD STEALS MY SPOT!!!!!!!!!!!! I would be way less annoyed if I hadn't been patiently waiting, signal on, etc. So I got out of my car to explain this to him (& I was nice about it too!) ... I wont recount the entire conversation but it ends with me telling him that just because he's old doesn't mean he gets to do what ever he pleases.

3. going back the other way on kingsway (headed home now) Honda Oddesy cuts from the far left lane to far right lane and then stops in the curb lane (no stopping on kingsway in curb lane until after 6 or 6:30 or something ... by this time it's only mid way through the 5:somethings)

4. old old old geo metro on royal oak driving, not slowly either I might add, in the invisible curb lane (basically where people would and do park along side the actual traffic lane) so he can be first to the light at royal oak and oakland (really, you could see well ahead that the light was red but buddy needed to be at it first) ... and the kicker about this guy he goes like 40 down royal oak to deer lake parkway holding up everybody he'd just totally illegally passed!

Clearly I should have stayed put tanning in my back yard and started in on the cocktails early instead of trying to run 2 non-pressing errands ... eesh
Old 05-28-09, 12:33 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I ahte it when somebody passes me on the right, just shows how much of an @$$hole they are, from then on I proceed to show how much of an @$$hole I can be
Old 06-03-09, 11:58 AM
1conbaba
Rookie

get to the right lane where u belong girls, left lane 4 passing only not sight seeing !
i don't own the road!

Last edited by 1conbaba; 06-03-09 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-03-09, 08:48 PM
nap1h
Driver School Candidate

I got rearended on the way to work on Hwy 91....

Originally Posted by Kaydee
I ahte it when somebody passes me on the right, just shows how much of an @$$hole they are, from then on I proceed to show how much of an @$$hole I can be
I pass on the right, If people wont stay in the left lane like there supposed to , I will pass them in the right.
Old 06-03-09, 09:33 PM
Kaydee

what I meant was that I was already on the right lane...sometimes they use the shoulder or gun it if the lane merges with the right lane...seriously, that's is the most uncool thing a driver can do so don't do it, or somebody will eat my dust...literally
Old 06-03-09, 09:39 PM
nap1h
Driver School Candidate

Already in the right lane, well thats a total different story !

I hate it everyday Im on HWY 91 to and from richmond, and everyone uses merging lanes to get 4 cars ahead.
Old 06-03-09, 09:53 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

1conbaba: you need to come drive in vancouver before you have too many opinions in here. If you feel strongly that you must chime in, please read the post you're commenting on before you respond.

ie: there was no right lane for driving, hence my complaint.
Old 06-03-09, 11:09 PM
1conbaba
Rookie

I think it's same everywhere you go, Houston,Dallas,LA, Chicago, Miami, Atlanta .......everyone is rushing........rush hours.......and rudeness became norm so we all have to adapt to that driving style..."aggressive" if you will, and no it is not too many opinions, just a little common sense! and do share the road not road rages!
Old 06-04-09, 12:23 AM
Kaydee

I've had the chance to drive in downtown Chicago last year...to be honest, aside from taxis cutting you off from picking up and dropping off passengers, the flow and driving style seems to be alright (yes aggressive, but they don't **** you off). But in Vancouver, there are just so many inconsiderate drivers that believe they own the road:
- not signalling
- illegal u-turns
- inability to road signs
- wannabes street racers
- etc.

One time I saw this one guy doing a u-turn on ROBSON street!!! Robson is a two way, one lane street, so when you make a u-turn, you automatically make an @$$ out of yourself and turn others into road ragers.

aggressive drivers, as in trying to get places quickly without endangering anyone, I can handle...but not being able to drive in a relatively open environment that Vancouver roads are is just stupidity.
Old 06-06-09, 11:34 AM
s300ae
Driver

To the guy trying to race me last night: What were you thinking!?!?
Last night around 3am, second gen IS, in black, trying to race me on Fraser. I kept up for a bit, but realized i was followed by an unmarked RCMP Tahoe, i flashed my lights but you kept going. As I followed you, the truck cut me off and kept chasing you, mean while, i was chasing the truck. I wasnt sure what was really happening until we were doing well over 100 trying to keep up. He turned on his lights, and You got pulled over few minutes later after the 3rd round-a-bout! That truck must have been supercharged, it kept up so well! Never seen a Tahoe take corners so well.

Last edited by s300ae; 06-06-09 at 04:44 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 06-06-09, 02:32 PM
Kaydee

^ LOL hahaha awesome...that must have been a pretty good night

Quick Reply: The "Stupid-Vancouver-Driver" Thread