[ Personal Intro ]
- Hey CL peeps my name is Lou and I started off driving an 89 Toyota Camry LE V6 hand-me-down. Great car to drive as a kid but was R.I.P. when I tried to pop it into neutral down a hill (trying to save gas -_-) and ended up popping it in reverse instead.
- Later picked up a 98 Toyota Camry LE V6 used at 76k miles. Dropped in a TRD Supercharger, some Eibach suspension, and some Motegi Racing wheels. Started experimenting with custom home projector headlight retrofitting which was a lot of work but a great learning experience. Car went R.I.P. also when the gf was driving my drunk *** home and I irritated her so much she lost control of car and we smacked into a light pole and the pole fell onto the roof of the car.
Don't worry we were okay just a busted a finger but the car was not okay.
- Always wanted an 02 Lexus IS300 so found one already with DPE wheels, Tein H-Tech Springs, Custom Exhaust, Sway Bars, Authentic L-Tuned Front Bumper and at 32K mileage wasn't too shabby at all! Later I sold the front bumper for a hefty price due to demand and replaced it with a Kaminari front-lip which imo gave it a much more cleaner look and profile. During parking on a neighborhood street an unlicensed, uninsured motorist slammed into my quarter panel with his old 4-runner and proceeded to run away. No worries, 1 guy running vs 3 guys chasing he soon gave up and figured it all out with the po-po's. Got it all fixed through insurance but was never the same with the frame damage which wasn't properly fixed and overall I lost all passion and motivation for it so I decided to just sell it and part ways again.
- This point of my life I left my Toyota path roots and I felt it was time to try a new platform with a good solid base performance to build upon. I decided on a 12 Mitsubishi Evolution X GSR and boy was that one fun car to drive. Dropped in some custom exhaust, intake, bov, intercooler + piping, radiator, full lip kit, CF accents, window visors, roof wrap CF, BC Racing Coilovers, and Work Meister wheels. Later I took it to RRE to get some Stage 1 ECU tuning. I daily drove this without issues and would definitely say it has treat me well. Still have this car but planning to sell it eventually due to wanting another vehicle that I can take anywhere but still be able to continue modding.
- In comes my re-entry back into the Toyota family when I decided to pick up a bigger old-man luxury cruiser. Got a 15 Lexus LS460 F-Sport RWD SWB and was already having plans to begin a new project and dab into some VIP goodness modding. Initially I was not used to the amenities and comfort compared to the EVO where I had to watch for obstacles, clutch, shifting, etc but later I respected it for what it was and had a new found appreciation for it.
- So here I am and I wish to share my journey with the CL community with my build. I wish I was able to start this thread in the very beginning but I was in such a rush it's under 5k mileage and already started some mods already. I hope to bounce off ideas and also share what I've learned to also help anyone with similar approaches with their builds. Thanks for reading and subscribing!
[ Mod List ]
- Powerstop Brake Pads
- Powerstop Slotted/Drilled Rotors
- VIP Modular VR01 w/ Brushed Centers Finish & Chromed Lips
- KYO-EI Bull Lock Reguard Lock And Nut Set
- Rolled Front Fenders / Shaved Rear Fenders
- Akata 15mm Front Spacers
- Motorsport Tech 3mm Rear Spacers
- Airrex Air Struts
- Air Lift 3H Management w/ 3/8" Lines
- Air Lift 5-gallon Tank
- Dual Viair 444c Compressors
- Custom Trunk Hardlines
- JDM Window Visors
- 3M Crystalline Tint (Medium All Around)
- Rexing V1 2.7" LCD FHD 1080p 170deg Dash Cam
- TPMS Pipe Bomb
- Junction Produce 10th Anniversary Fusa Limited Edition Medium
- Junction Produce Fusa Kiku Knot
- Junction Produce Curtains
[ Pending Mods / Waiting For Parts ]
- Aimgain VIP Exe Kit + Fender (ordered)
[ Initial Earlier Pictures ]
3M Crystalline Tint
3M Crystalline Tint
First Car Wash!
Besides tint this module was the first thing I ordered for some reason lol...
KYO-EI Bull Lock Reguard took awhile to arrive so I was using generic Gorilla lug nuts initially.
VIP Modular VR01's barely got mounted/balanced and put on. Had serious rubbing issues but just posed for the camera anyways and then raised it back up. Went to get it rolled/shaved after.
Some quick clip of fenders being shaved
I'm gonna post up a second post for all the current pictures of the vehicle.