Search this Thread

Old 04-20-06, 08:02 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Good info Hammed.

Thanks !

You got me thinking about an x - pipe real hard.

At the moment I still prefer a stealth sound.

Right now the car is near stock at normal cruising. Only at WOT does it turn Jekyl & Hyde !

Sound like the x-pipe can actually reduce the sound. So if I just replace my center resonator and keep the stock twin resonators, I might be able to keep the same volume as now, but with some more power gain from the x-pipe.
Yes, definitely you should at least do the X-pipe mod at least. You could even dump the two rear resonators for a more freely flowing type of resonator. I am pretty sure Magnaflow makes resonators that flow better than our stock resonators.
Old 04-22-06, 08:25 PM
LexFather

That is just fantastic Hameed!
Old 04-23-06, 11:35 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Thanks Mike, we missed you on CL. I was suffering from 1SICKLEX feedback deprivation.
Old 04-23-06, 11:47 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Hameed the exhaut came out beautiful.. The first vid really showed the sound of the exhaust and the driveby was better in the first vid.. Almost sounded like boost... Congrats on the b-day gift to yourself... Mine was the 16th and i ordered some stuff as well...
Old 04-23-06, 01:13 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Finally got to hear it Hameed. WOWWWWWWWWWWW I love the sound. It sounds like a C6 Vette . I am convinced now.
Old 04-24-06, 06:59 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Hameed the exhaut came out beautiful.. The first vid really showed the sound of the exhaust and the driveby was better in the first vid.. Almost sounded like boost... Congrats on the b-day gift to yourself... Mine was the 16th and i ordered some stuff as well...
Thanks man! Happy BDay to you too! What did you order?
Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Finally got to hear it Hameed. WOWWWWWWWWWWW I love the sound. It sounds like a C6 Vette . I am convinced now.
What took you so long man??

Thanks! I just love it!

The only thing I don't like is the drone if you accelerate slowly instead of aggressively from a stop - the drone is kinda annoying. The upside to that? Don't accelerate slowly! The downside? Have to buy gas more often.

However once you hit cruising speeds and the tranny shifts into 5th, the droning completely dissappears.

I need to find a deserted tunnel and tape a longer sequence of the sound as it shifts gears, it sound justs amazing when it does that!
Old 05-16-06, 09:00 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

OMG Hameed! Just got your PM. Don't know how I missed this post.
The sound is incredible. I would do it in a New York second if I wasn't worried about attracting the attention of the po-leece...Makes me wonder what it would sound like with an SRT intake.
Congrats!
You should add the videos to our sticky on exhaust sounds - at the top of this forum - with a short note summarizing the mods.
Old 05-17-06, 08:35 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by engin_ear
OMG Hameed! Just got your PM. Don't know how I missed this post.
The sound is incredible. I would do it in a New York second if I wasn't worried about attracting the attention of the po-leece...Makes me wonder what it would sound like with an SRT intake.
Congrats!
You should add the videos to our sticky on exhaust sounds - at the top of this forum - with a short note summarizing the mods.
Thanks Jerry.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the Police - it is ONLY loud on WOT. I am sure it would sound awesome with your SRT intake. Go for it!

I actually did add it to that sticky, but forgot to add in a summary of the mod itself. Did that now.
Old 05-18-06, 12:08 PM
cartechpr
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you get that FIPK?
Old 05-18-06, 01:24 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hameed, just saw this post and I'm at work so I can't watch the vids. Your exhaust certainly looks fantastic. Can't wait to get home and hear how it sounds.
Old 05-18-06, 01:34 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by Overclocker
Hameed, just saw this post and I'm at work so I can't watch the vids. Your exhaust certainly looks fantastic. Can't wait to get home and hear how it sounds.
Just remember to turn up your speaker volume when you do listen to it. I am sure you will like it.
Old 06-08-06, 05:00 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

I got the CarsonTuned STB installed a couple of weeks ago (look at those amazingly smooth welds! ):

And a sneak peek at what's coming next - can you guess what's the next mod?

Old 08-28-06, 07:03 AM
wadecarlso
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey hameed,

i was wondeing what kinda 0-60 - 1/4 mile difference the Supra TT 3.76 gear Torsen type LSD made? also pricing of it and install price. i was thinkning about getting the torque converter but if the 3.76 gear makes a big enough difference then im going to go with that.

thanks,

wade
Old 08-28-06, 07:55 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by wadecarlso
hey hameed,

i was wondeing what kinda 0-60 - 1/4 mile difference the Supra TT 3.76 gear Torsen type LSD made?
I honestly have no idea.

The main benefit of this mod is that it makes the car much more responsive throughout the rev range because it is now revving at about 300 rpm higher than stock. Ofcourse the other benefit is the LSD.
also pricing of it and install price.
Install ran me around $250.00. For pricing - it goes for $1629.00 new at Carson Toyota http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=1754 . Sometimes however you can find a used on in the classifieds section here.
i was thinkning about getting the torque converter but if the 3.76 gear makes a big enough difference then im going to go with that.

thanks,

wade
I would get the Torque Converter first if I were you. You will notice it's difference more than the diff. However having both eventually is a very good idea as you will get that jump-of-the-line with the TC plus a more responsive and useable power band with the diff.

I first did the diff and then the TC, but that was because I got a used diff for about half the price of a brand new one and jumped on it.
Old 08-28-06, 08:38 AM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

50 pages!

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only person with a thread like this.

Quick Reply: My GS400 modding journal - commenced Feb. 2003