Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

IS-F performance build

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-13, 07:14 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^ I've got 3 years in it and one of the higher horse builds on here... You will need a built transmission (which no one builds) to exceed the power levels myself and a few other members have achieved... 600+ is getting scetchy. I think the motor will hang all day but the trans.... . Without a solid tuning solution and a built trans were chilling where were at.

Last edited by darbs242; 06-29-13 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-29-13, 10:01 PM
BigReade
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's the dilemma I was just thinking about, was gonna ask if anyone knows of someone who is known to be a bad *** with Lexus trans. I have a couple very legit trans guys, but don't know if either has ever messed with a Lexus trans. Gilbert, from Ace Racing Trans built my 4l80e for my truck and its a beast, handles everything I can throw at it. And my buddy with the GT-R has a Shep trans, who is known to be the man with GT-R tranny's. So unless somebody can direct me to someone else, I'm gonna start with those guys and see what they say. I have no doubt about hitting the 1k, my biggest fear is not being able to get it tuned, however, my tuner told ne he can tune the Motec system, so I guess we'll see. As long as I can bulletproof the motor, I'm pretty sure the twin GT42x's can handle my horsepower desire.
Old 06-29-13, 10:05 PM
BigReade
Driver School Candidate

Again guys, I just wanna say thank you for all of your tips and advice, its nice to see people actually take the time to answer your questions. I've been on a few forums where you can ask questions til you're blue in the face, and people just won't respond for nothing.
Old 06-29-13, 10:07 PM
BigReade
Driver School Candidate

Darbs242, if you don't mind me asking, what all have you done to your car?
Old 06-29-13, 10:12 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigReade
That's the dilemma I was just thinking about, was gonna ask if anyone knows of someone who is known to be a bad *** with Lexus trans. I have a couple very legit trans guys, but don't know if either has ever messed with a Lexus trans. Gilbert, from Ace Racing Trans built my 4l80e for my truck and its a beast, handles everything I can throw at it. And my buddy with the GT-R has a Shep trans, who is known to be the man with GT-R tranny's. So unless somebody can direct me to someone else, I'm gonna start with those guys and see what they say. I have no doubt about hitting the 1k, my biggest fear is not being able to get it tuned, however, my tuner told ne he can tune the Motec system, so I guess we'll see. As long as I can bulletproof the motor, I'm pretty sure the twin GT42x's can handle my horsepower desire.
Yeah I'm sure with the right amount of money, any of those big transmission shops can build you one. I think a pair of gt42 are over killed. A pair of 6766 turbos will make you 1600-1700whp on a 5.0 with much quicker spool.
Old 06-29-13, 10:23 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Darbs242, if you don't mind me asking, what all have you done to your car?
Welcome to the site. You should get to know the search function. The answer to your question is here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...evolution.html

Lou
Old 06-29-13, 10:47 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Twin GT42?? That is a ton of turbo and it will be more then enough to make the power you want. I would be worried about where I was going to fit those things !!
I'm running a GT4202 and making 1K hp with a 3 liter in the Supra @ 30 psi
I think you could get away with smaller framed turbos like 35R

If your willing to spend the money to be a pioneer then I would say the first step is to purchase the Motec and drop the car off with the tuner. If he gets it to work then it's time to worry about the rest. Untill the engine can be tuned the rest is a dead end.
I sincerely hope you can accomplish this win where many others have failed.
Old 06-29-13, 11:41 PM
BigReade
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys, and I apologize about not using the search, my forum experience is somewhat limited, and I don't fully know how to navigate them. I do all my internet work on my phone, and some forums don't "jive" well with the mobile functions. This is honestly the most Ive ever used a forum, lol.

I'm 100% open to running a smaller turbo, I just so happened to be looking on forcedinductions.com for a billet Garrett and saw the GT42x. I had even considered doing a rear mount setup, but I just don't feel like messing with all that piping. In all honesty, I am greedy and very competitive, and I would love to get way more than 1k whp out of it. I know its tough to compete with a GT-R, but I would LOVE to bust my buddy's ***, lol. But, in reality, if I can make this thing a mid 9 second car, I would be more than happy. I know this is a Lexus forum, but here is a link to what's my motivation for this build, my friend just bought this, took delivery of it last week.

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/...hp-8-sec-sold/
Old 06-30-13, 12:15 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Here we go again.........Seriously? The money you're going to put into the IS F, go buy a GT-R.

:yawn:
Old 06-30-13, 12:27 AM
BigReade
Driver School Candidate

Well, I just read the entire thread "twin turbo in TX" and that was very enlightening about what I was wanting to do. He was stuck at 6psi, even with the Motec, and that's just not acceptable for me. Might be time to rethink this, and just do some bolt ons and have a fun daily, and build something else for tx2k.

And Just F Me, its not a money issue, I want to build this car because that's what I want. I haven't seen a 1k whp IS-F out there, so I was wanting to try and build it. But what could I do to a GT-R that hasn't already been done? That's why I don't want a GT-R. If anything, I'll build an F-body, just because you can pick em up so cheap and I know the ls platform front to back. I was just really wanting to do it to the IS-F. But, I don't wanna get 10's of thousands of dollars into it, just to be stuck at 6psi, lol.
Old 07-01-13, 01:28 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

There's a reason why it hasn't been done.... Horsepower is a stupid race. There will always be someone with more power.

This video was a FANTASTIC video. I could take the money that you would spend on an IS F and get countless other cooler cars.

Personally, if I had the extra money that you're talking about building this 1000hp supra, I'd go buy a 1st generation BMW M3 and throw in an E92 V8 and turbo charge it for some big power. You'll have a 1000hp BMW that weighs less than 3000 lbs and for probably under $80,000.

Last edited by Just F Me; 07-01-13 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-01-13, 02:33 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Welcome to the site. You should get to know the search function. The answer to your question is here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...evolution.html

Lou
There are a few tweaks that have been done that are not in the tread but that's all the parts. Race gas, jet tuning and a nitrous controller help from where that thread leaves off
Old 07-01-13, 02:40 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I watched the video and now I'm know that I need a bigger turbo. I don't want to loose to a GTR, I'm ordering one tonight.
J/K.....it is true that it becomes an obsession. That's why I said early that I'm happy there is a wall to hit when modifying the ISF.
Old 07-01-13, 09:05 PM
BigReade
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, I've already made my mind up, I'm not gonna risk getting 10's of thousands of dollars deep, just to be stuck at 5-600hp. I'll just do the basic bolt ons and enjoy it for what it is. Not gonna build a Supra because I don't want a Supra, and no offense to anyone here who might own one, but I'm not into beemers, because 99% of the owners are some yuppie douchers. Instead, since the build is gonna be strictly for drag racing, whether its at TX2K, or the back streets on Saturday night, might as well go for the platform I know well, so I have an extra 6.0 block, gonna stroke it and build that, its easy to pull the power out of those, I'll get 1,300whp out of it and spray another 500 fogger. And more than likely I'll throw it in a '98-'02 Trans Am, I always loved the looks of those cars, and you can pick up a roller for cheap.

On a brighter note, I was just searching for new wheels for the IS, and since I'm a dealer for them, I think I'm gonna run a nice, staggered set of 18" Intros, just can't beat the classy look of Billets.
Old 07-01-13, 09:59 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RCB
I watched the video and now I'm know that I need a bigger turbo. I don't want to loose to a GTR, I'm ordering one tonight.
J/K.....it is true that it becomes an obsession. That's why I said early that I'm happy there is a wall to hit when modifying the ISF.
EXACTLY...I bought my IS F so that I wouldn't have to mod cars!

Yeah, I've already made my mind up, I'm not gonna risk getting 10's of thousands of dollars deep, just to be stuck at 5-600hp. I'll just do the basic bolt ons and enjoy it for what it is. Not gonna build a Supra because I don't want a Supra, and no offense to anyone here who might own one, but I'm not into beemers, because 99% of the owners are some yuppie douchers. Instead, since the build is gonna be strictly for drag racing, whether its at TX2K, or the back streets on Saturday night, might as well go for the platform I know well, so I have an extra 6.0 block, gonna stroke it and build that, its easy to pull the power out of those, I'll get 1,300whp out of it and spray another 500 fogger. And more than likely I'll throw it in a '98-'02 Trans Am, I always loved the looks of those cars, and you can pick up a roller for cheap.

On a brighter note, I was just searching for new wheels for the IS, and since I'm a dealer for them, I think I'm gonna run a nice, staggered set of 18" Intros, just can't beat the classy look of Billets.
10s of thousands to get 500-600hp? Even dropped the money, it's just not possible with out an ECU tune, so 500-600 isn't even obtainable. Oh well...to each their own. For some reason you just want big power...I guess some people just like bragging rights of I got more HP and I can burn through tires faster. Power is worthless if you can't even get that power to the ground.

99% of people who build muscle cars are rednecks. Is that an ok assumption?

I own a BMW...so WTF? fricken noobs...

Quick Reply: IS-F performance build