Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

IS-F performance build

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-13, 03:36 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

its not just the ISF ECU, its any Toyota ECU that is locked. The 2J can be tuned correctly because they are able to use a full stand alone system. I'm not sure why people are still shocked that an ISF can't be tuned, thats any Toyota without a stand alone. And there is no real evidence that show the orange Fox ISF ran good. That was just a SEMA build that was crushed afterwords. We would all love for the F to be tunable, people have been wanting this since 2008. If you want 1K hp than the ISF isn't the right car. At least not anytime soon...
Old 06-28-13, 06:09 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
There's a shop in Japan that is supposedly developing an ECU that can be tuned and work in the US market, but nothing has come out yet.
Are you talking about Novel?
Old 06-28-13, 07:01 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb

As much as Toyota performance fans are hoping the ISF is the next Supra, it just isn't, not from an aftermarket standpoint. We STILL don't even have an ISF in the 10s yet.
Jeez buddy I'm working on 10s hard... Next two months... almost have everything we I need.
Old 06-28-13, 07:35 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by zapa
Are you talking about Novel?
Yep. But who knows if we'll ever actually see something from them.

Originally Posted by darbs242
Jeez buddy I'm working on 10s hard... Next two months... almost have everything we I need.
I know... you seem to be the one trying the hardest to hit 10s so we're counting on you.

You know, of all of my past "performance cars" (335i, S2000, and even the RSX-S way back when), the ISF has had the highest starting power numbers, but yet it is the only one that nobody has been able to mod to 10s in the quartermile. The lack of tuning is definitely the biggest drawback. That all said, it's definitely my favorite of the cars I've had previously.
Old 06-28-13, 08:38 PM
rapsquared
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FOX cars are never proven from anything I have seen. He also boosted a CT200h, but never posted a dyno and insists we should just believe.
Old 06-28-13, 09:53 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is all depending how much money and time you want to invest in a project. TMG managed to shove our 5.0 with twin turbos into the Lexus LS and made 650 hp with 9k rev limit. Anything is possible, just comes down to money and time.
http://www.carscoops.com/2012/11/new...0-concept.html
Old 06-29-13, 05:55 AM
darbs242
Racer

That guy in flordia that's friends with slay ran 11.1... Wth slick he had it, but haven't ever heard anything about him or the car after that
Old 06-29-13, 11:17 AM
allst4risf
Pit Crew

lots of nos!!!!
Old 06-29-13, 12:37 PM
BigReade
Driver School Candidate

Are there any tuners on here? I've never ran a stand alone, but I'm wondering if you could use that in place of the factory ecm.
Old 06-29-13, 01:33 PM
darbs242
Racer

^^^ you prob can but you will loose the enjoyable features of your lexus. Am i missing something but who isnt happy with a high 11s car with four doors, if you arent a 911 turbo, gtr, new shelby or ZL1 should be what your buying with your 60-80k.
Old 06-29-13, 01:35 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by darbs242
^^^ you prob can but you will loose the enjoyable features of your lexus. Am i missing something but who isnt happy with a high 11s car with four doors, if you arent a 911 turbo, gtr, new shelby or ZL1 should be what your buying with your 60-80k.
so much truth to this. lol.
Old 06-29-13, 01:57 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Evo or Supra would also be good options. If you have never owned a car modified to the point of needing a stand alone it sounds like you may be jumping straight in to the deep end with no sight of the bottom.
I own a few highly modified cars and many more in the past. I actually love my 11sec capable 4 door luxury sport Lexus. I also don't really mind the fact that Nos is my only other available mod. The limitations of this car are keeping it perfectly where it should be and taking the place of my limited self control.
Old 06-29-13, 03:54 PM
BigReade
Driver School Candidate

As far as owning a car utilizing a stand alone, no, I never have, most all of my performance vehicles have been old school, carburated builds, other than my truck, which is an '06 GMC Sierra, which dyno'd at 973 at the wheels, however, for that all I had to do was purchase the $100 license from HP Tuners and have my guy tune it for me. My whole reason for wanting to build the IS-F is because I love the car, and I'm the type of guy who likes to step outside the box and do what hasn't been done before. And what better "sleeper" car than a luxury 4 door, which is known to be quick from the factory, but when people call me out, they never would've expected it to break a high 9 off in them. And I am building the car for SEMA and hopefully CES as well. After speaking to my tuner, he told me the only stand alone that will work for the car is the Motec (I believe that's the spelling) M1. Has anyone here had any experience with this ecu?

Last edited by BigReade; 06-29-13 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-29-13, 04:07 PM
BigReade
Driver School Candidate

And I had planned on building a GT-R, however, about two weeks ago, a buddy of mine bought what's arguably the baddest GT-R there is, so I know I wouldn't be able to compete, so I had to scrap the Nissan build, lol. And honestly, I had never owned an import before (I'm a die hard General Motors guy), but we bought my wife an IS350, and I was SOOO impressed by that car in every way, comfort, luxury, performance, that I decided to step it up by going to the bigger IS-F. I understand that this isn't what the car was intended for, but G.M. didn't intend for my truck to lay down almost a thousand either, its just how I am, try to do what they say I can't.
Old 06-29-13, 05:52 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Anything is doable. You will have to do your own R&D since no one else outside of Toyota had. Yes a good stand alone that can control all 16 injectors is a must. Motec very much as good as it gets in term of aftermarket stand alone. Any well built sleeved motor can handle huge power boosted. Especially a 5.0 motor, plenty of displacement to work with

Quick Reply: IS-F performance build