Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

2007 GS450h Check Act Stabi warning light

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-18, 10:22 AM
GSurg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not the 12V battery to the left of the trunk. It's located below the floor board of the trunk where spare tire (none in GS450h) is normally located. It's 12V as well but alot smaller than most batteries in other cars.
Old 10-27-18, 02:50 PM
mr. tetsuo
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

bumping this thread because I recently got the error message. I was planning to just replace the batter, but discovered tubes connecting to the battery. Did not want to eff with it in case I did more damage. Any insight on how to remove properly?
Old 12-21-20, 12:03 PM
flosc32
Driver School Candidate

Angry 07 gs450h active stabilization battery replacement

Does anyone have any idea what the lexus part number for this battery is? I got the panasonic number off the top of the battery, but apparently that number is not helpful in identifying the battery for replacement. Also, is there an alternative battery that can be used to replace that battery. I know this is a lexus, but it is just a battery and I refuse to give lexus $400 for a battery. If anyone has any information on this, I would greatly appreciate it.?
Old 10-07-22, 02:53 PM
nzxyxy
Driver School Candidate

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Active Stabiliser - Flat Battery - error code C194E

Hi everyone from Auckland, NZL - I have a 2008 GS460 with the Active Stabiliser installed in the boot. I had my local repair shop replace the battery in Nov 2020 as part of a routine service check (they checked the battery voltage and it was on the way out) so I had it replaced. All good. Here we are now in Oct 2022 and the warning light has come on with error code C194E (I have an OBDII reader). Took it back to the repair shop to verify that the Active Stabiliser was the problem - sure enough - But, Murphy's law, the warranty is magically only good for 18months - this is 23 months, so I have to pay out for another darn battery - which, noted elsewhere in this thread is expensive compared to the ordinary battery used for the main car electrics.

A comment the repairer (in NZL known as the AA (Automobile Assn) - similar to RAC etc) made to me was that the comparable battery they stocked wouldn't fit as it was about 10mm too tall for the space available and would result in the floor panel and protective polystyrene not sitting flat - and this may cause other issues down the track. As a result they purchased a new battery from Lexus which cost me NZD$418 installed. Nearly two years later I have been quoted NZD$420 installed (not too bad given the rampant inflation we are all experiencing). The battery has to be ordered in so after a few days delay then I be back up and running again. I had intended to travel out of town for the weekend, but have postponed until the new battery is installed. While I am happy to potter around town not too far from home driving at inner city speeds, I didn't want anything to happen far from home or when driving at highway speeds.

Last edited by nzxyxy; 10-07-22 at 02:54 PM. Reason: add title
Old 06-14-23, 03:29 PM
mmayer707
9th Gear

Lexus Part number is : 2880031340 For anyone interested. Verified with my Lexus dealer.
Old 06-18-23, 03:18 PM
mmayer707
9th Gear

Well, a brand-new Lexus Battery didn't do it. I even topped it off with a charge until it started trickle charging to no avail. Does anyone else have any idea how to get rid of this annoying Check Act. Stabi. warning? I have tried unplugging ground from both batteries. I hooked one up and then the other and then switched the one I hooked up first and second. I am at a loss here. Is there a fuse I can look at, there is 2 relays and 3 fuses in a box going to the stabilizer. Fuses look good, didn't test the relays. Most people got it going with a new battery. Am I missing something here. Thanks.
Old 06-18-23, 10:15 PM
nzxyxy
Driver School Candidate

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Have you tried hooking up an OBD2 scanner - running a test - seeing what codes appear; then clearing all codes - running it a second time to see if any codes re-appear?

Yes, unfortunately for you something seems amiss - as I had the code twice- and both times it disappeared when a new battery was installed in the spare wheel space.
Old 06-20-23, 11:40 AM
mmayer707
9th Gear

Originally Posted by nzxyxy
Have you tried hooking up an OBD2 scanner - running a test - seeing what codes appear; then clearing all codes - running it a second time to see if any codes re-appear?

Yes, unfortunately for you something seems amiss - as I had the code twice- and both times it disappeared when a new battery was installed in the spare wheel space.
Codes I got are:

C1911 Rear Main Realy

C194E Deterioration sub Battery

C1950 Non attainment to target angle in front stabalizer

C1951 Non attainment to target angle in rear stabalizer

These are the codes that pop up immediately after I clear all codes. I am getting p300-p306 random misfire codes, but that shold be unrelated. The only codes that come on immediately after resetting are the C codes. Thanks for your response! Any help is much appreciated. I did see a couple of relays and fuses hooked up to the stabilizer. Has anyone replaced the relays? The fuses look fine. Thanks.
Old 06-22-23, 07:38 AM
mmayer707
9th Gear

Well, I got 2 new relays coming by tomorrow. I'll let you know if it is the issue.
Old 06-23-23, 12:25 PM
mmayer707
9th Gear

Originally Posted by mmayer707
Well, I got 2 new relays coming by tomorrow. I'll let you know if it is the issue.
Well, no go there as well. I am starting to think there is actually something wrong with it besides electrical. I just wish I could get rid of the warning at this point. I can't even see my MPG unless I hit DISP and then the warning comes back on within 5 seconds. I am going to try and flash the ECU to updated firmware from Lexus. If that doesn't work I will try and find a way to disable the warning through the MINI-VCI cable.
Old 07-05-23, 07:33 PM
mmayer707
9th Gear

Last edited by mmayer707; 08-01-23 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-07-23, 02:57 PM
mmayer707
9th Gear

Originally Posted by mmayer707
Well, no go there as well. I am starting to think there is actually something wrong with it besides electrical. I just wish I could get rid of the warning at this point. I can't even see my MPG unless I hit DISP and then the warning comes back on within 5 seconds. I am going to try and flash the ECU to updated firmware from Lexus. If that doesn't work I will try and find a way to disable the warning through the MINI-VCI cable.
Well, I went through 3 ECU's after frying 2. LOL Tried different firmware versions for the ECU. I am also getting p0300 codes on all cylinders, but that should be unrelated (possibly fuel pump on that one). Got the ECU back up and running with latest firmware. Same error. I have 2 new Lexus Batteries in the trunk. The car handles wonderfully, so I think the suspension is working. Does anyone have any idea where the wire goes to which part that causes this error? I am thinking it is just a severed wire. This car was in a fender bender, so that is a possibility......