Vibrating in "D"???

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-10, 06:20 PM
LexIS007
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Vibrating in "D"???

Hello everyone,

First, I'd like to say hello, as this is my first time on this forum. Looks great and plenty of info...nice work admins!

I am an owner of a 2007 Lexus IS350 (all options) w/25k miles on the clock. I recently had the car serviced because the "Check VSC" light, "Check Engine" light, and "Traction Control" light came on while driving on the highway. I called the dealer and was advised to bring it in asap. Turned out the cam sensor wire came loose and unplugged (or so they say). They plugged it in and all was well...$129 diag. fee later . Anyhow, about a week later, my car started to noticeably vibrate in "D" and "R" when stopped. It doesn't do it in "P" or "N". It drives fine and when at a stopped, the RPM's DO NOT jump or spike. I took it in to the dealer and they said the computer checks ok, and they don't know what it could be. Does this sound right? I know my car never did this, and it is noticeable. I called Lexus corp. and they will investigate with the dealer. The service manager wrote that he noticed a rough idle, but doesn't know what it is...and Lexus corp. stated they are aware of that. The motor mounts can't be bad w/25k miles. Any of you guys experience this problem with the vibrations? Please help. Thanks!
Old 02-03-10, 08:53 AM
ajfinoak
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might do a search for "vibration" on this site. There are numerous postings and my dealer said Lexus is aware of this but still looking for a fix. Same thing- not showing up in computer checks. My 250 does it intermittently at idle in "D" and it is very annoying for a 6 cylinder luxury car. If they do not figure it out, it will be my last Lexus.
Old 02-03-10, 12:11 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

there are some other threads with other lexus experiencing the same thing. I get it sometimes too, only in D while my car is idling at a light or something. I dont think there is a fix for this yet because its so hard to replicate this at the dealership
Old 02-03-10, 01:02 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have experienced something similar, but no the same. It only happens with me when the rpms are very low in cold weather even after more than enough time to warm it up, but it has only happened about 3-4 times (have almost 25k on the odometer).
Old 02-03-10, 01:22 PM
dubsesd
Lead Lap

^ me too. only when its sitting in the cold for a while though. happened 2 times maybe..
Old 02-03-10, 01:50 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Does it vobrate every time or just occasionally like the other posters? And they charged u to fix ur warning lights??? I would think since ur car is an 07 then they would take care of it under some warranty... the dolesent sound like a normal wear and tear item to me
Old 02-03-10, 03:59 PM
shui3000
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexIS007
Hello everyone,

First, I'd like to say hello, as this is my first time on this forum. Looks great and plenty of info...nice work admins!

I am an owner of a 2007 Lexus IS350 (all options) w/25k miles on the clock. I recently had the car serviced because the "Check VSC" light, "Check Engine" light, and "Traction Control" light came on while driving on the highway. I called the dealer and was advised to bring it in asap. Turned out the cam sensor wire came loose and unplugged (or so they say). They plugged it in and all was well...$129 diag. fee later . Anyhow, about a week later, my car started to noticeably vibrate in "D" and "R" when stopped. It doesn't do it in "P" or "N". It drives fine and when at a stopped, the RPM's DO NOT jump or spike. I took it in to the dealer and they said the computer checks ok, and they don't know what it could be. Does this sound right? I know my car never did this, and it is noticeable. I called Lexus corp. and they will investigate with the dealer. The service manager wrote that he noticed a rough idle, but doesn't know what it is...and Lexus corp. stated they are aware of that. The motor mounts can't be bad w/25k miles. Any of you guys experience this problem with the vibrations? Please help. Thanks!
GO GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!! Your car is still under warranty and that work should be free!
Old 02-03-10, 04:18 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

my lexus dealership only charges me diag fee if i dont get it fix. if they do a diag and i haev the issue fix there, all i have to pay for is the fix; they waiver the diag fee
Old 02-03-10, 04:30 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by edgeucated
my lexus dealership only charges me diag fee if i dont get it fix. if they do a diag and i haev the issue fix there, all i have to pay for is the fix; they waiver the diag fee
But this poster has a 2007 car with 25k on the clock, the entire repair should be covered under 4 yr/50k basic warranty.
Old 02-03-10, 04:47 PM
gc86
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bichon
But this poster has a 2007 car with 25k on the clock, the entire repair should be covered under 4 yr/50k basic warranty.
I agree... dealership sounds greedy in this situation. That cam sensor wire does not come loose or unplug itself, that would fall under a manufacture defect.
Old 02-08-10, 12:14 PM
LexIS007
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PEARLIS250
Does it vobrate every time or just occasionally like the other posters? And they charged u to fix ur warning lights??? I would think since ur car is an 07 then they would take care of it under some warranty... the dolesent sound like a normal wear and tear item to me
Yeah, ever since it started, its been doing it all the time when in "D" or "R". When I pop the hood, the engine looks like its vibrating noticeably, not like before when it used to be smooth. I can tell right away, because the plastic "L" cover is vibrating noticeably. When I put my hand on the engine, it is vibrating abnormally. WTF!!! Seriously, I can't believe the dealers cant figure it out...there has to be something wrong, or something that went wrong. I feel it in the car seat, in the steering wheel, and on the doors. My buddy has a 1994 SC300 w/178k miles and it purrrrs like a kitten. I am embaressed to drive people in my car, especially the Merc and Bimmer owners, because all they do is criticize it. I agree with the posters above...if Lexus doesn't figure this out, I am off to Mercedes or BMW. I am VERY VERY dissapointed in Lexus and Toyota for their downgrade in quality and ENGINEERING in recent products. Oh well, $16k left on the loan...not bad compared to some other ppl who own new GS's with over $50k in debt and car runs like ****.
Old 02-08-10, 02:37 PM
Wish
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexIS007
Yeah, ever since it started, its been doing it all the time when in "D" or "R". When I pop the hood, the engine looks like its vibrating noticeably, not like before when it used to be smooth. I can tell right away, because the plastic "L" cover is vibrating noticeably. When I put my hand on the engine, it is vibrating abnormally. WTF!!! Seriously, I can't believe the dealers cant figure it out...there has to be something wrong, or something that went wrong. I feel it in the car seat, in the steering wheel, and on the doors. My buddy has a 1994 SC300 w/178k miles and it purrrrs like a kitten. I am embaressed to drive people in my car, especially the Merc and Bimmer owners, because all they do is criticize it. I agree with the posters above...if Lexus doesn't figure this out, I am off to Mercedes or BMW. I am VERY VERY dissapointed in Lexus and Toyota for their downgrade in quality and ENGINEERING in recent products. Oh well, $16k left on the loan...not bad compared to some other ppl who own new GS's with over $50k in debt and car runs like ****.
I use to had same problem.. VSC sign goes on..vibrating engine.. Engine light comes out...
What I was doing is switch it off and on twice and it goes way..
also, try to open petrol cap a gas will be released.. which u will notice!
Dealer told that a computer reset was done.
fuel filter was changed.
btw, the problem is caused by air going into the engine which trigger VSC!

Last edited by lobuxracer; 02-18-10 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-08-10, 02:46 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

if your engine is vibrating all the time i think you really should have the dealership check. mine does a very mild vibrate once like a month at random times, yours is constant
Old 02-08-10, 02:55 PM
Wish
Pole Position

Originally Posted by edgeucated
if your engine is vibrating all the time i think you really should have the dealership check. mine does a very mild vibrate once like a month at random times, yours is constant
Get the VSC checked!
I think VSC issue exist only in 2006/2006 models!
Old 02-11-10, 12:04 PM
LexIS007
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Wish
Get the VSC checked!
I think VSC issue exist only in 2006/2006 models!
What VSC issue on 2006/2007 models?

Is there a TSB for this?

If so, what would the VSC have to do with the car vibrating in "D"???

Thanks...

Quick Reply: Vibrating in "D"???