Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

These Rotors Look Good, Anyone Using These?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-08, 09:16 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default These Rotors Look Good, Anyone Using These?

Hey guys I was checking out some rotors and pads for when I replace mine in the future and came accross these ...

Rotors:
http://stores.brakeplanet.com/Items/...Brake%20Rotors

Pads:
http://stores.brakeplanet.com/Items/...20Brake%20Pads

They seems to be good quality and the price is pretty good but the part that really caught my eye was the LIFETIME WARRANTY ... Anyone on here use these? Share your experiences or opinions
Old 06-30-08, 09:21 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Also found this:

http://stores.brakeplanet.com/Items/...0F%2bR%20Brake

Whole kit, comes with rotors and pads, although I'm sure the pads in this kit are not as good as the axxis pads ...
Old 06-30-08, 10:25 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

those rotors look like a complete waste of money to me. i have some just like it and with my heavy *** 20's they warped in just under a month, then i had them turned for another 100$ and guess what? 2 weeks later they warped... i have since gone back to a blank oem style vented brembo front rotor and couldn't be happier... the oem vented brembo style are stronger cheaper and better in every way that i can tell they just don't look all trendy like the cross drilled slotted ones (that i kept on my rear just for aesthetics and becuase i'm a cheap bastard), so i would highly recommend the vented brembo oem style..
Old 06-30-08, 11:10 AM
Insedanity
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
those rotors look like a complete waste of money to me...
Cosigned.

To the OP, although the cost of these is much higher (includes SS lines), I'm really liking them. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=364269
Old 06-30-08, 11:33 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

I don't get it, are you co-signing my comments or tru-playas? also my next question would be how long have you used these crossdrilled/slotted ones and do you have big *** heavy rims? in my case the crosssdrilled/ slotted rotors did drastically improve the braking for about the first 3 weeks until they became so warped because they are inherently weaker than stock/ oem due to the crossdrilled/ slotted design that it was overall a waste of money due to them having to be replaced after about a month of use.

my old boss/ friend competes in d1 and recommended for me to try the oem blank vented brembo ones (he uses them on both of his race cars) and i did, and i love them, now i would like to recommend them to someone else so they don't have the same problems i had. they were like 54$ a piece and work very nicely.
Old 06-30-08, 11:42 AM
Insedanity
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was agreeing with you.

I've had them on for about a week and a half now. For rims, I have 8.5"/9.5" 19" EXE Konvex. Not real heavy, I think about 25 lbs, but I could be wrong. As far as them warping, I don't anticipate that happening at all. IMO, Stoptech/Centric makes high quality products. From all the articles I've read in SCC about Stoptech, those guys seem to have a real passion for their work, true brake geeks. I put the same rotors on my wife's car (non-drilled) last year and have had absolutely no problems so far.
Old 06-30-08, 11:45 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

those rotors look like a complete waste of money to me. i have some just like it and with my heavy *** 20's they warped in just under a month, then i had them turned for another 100$ and guess what? 2 weeks later they warped... i have since gone back to a blank oem style vented brembo front rotor and couldn't be happier... the oem vented brembo style are stronger cheaper and better in every way that i can tell they just don't look all trendy like the cross drilled slotted ones (that i kept on my rear just for aesthetics and becuase i'm a cheap bastard), so i would highly recommend the vented brembo oem style..
The reason why i was so interested was because of the lifetime warranty they offer ...

I don't get it, are you co-signing my comments or tru-playas? also my next question would be how long have you used these crossdrilled/slotted ones and do you have big *** heavy rims? in my case the crosssdrilled/ slotted rotors did drastically improve the braking for about the first 3 weeks until they became so warped because they are inherently weaker than stock/ oem due to the crossdrilled/ slotted design that it was overall a waste of money due to them having to be replaced after about a month of use.

my old boss/ friend competes in d1 and recommended for me to try the oem blank vented brembo ones (he uses them on both of his race cars) and i did, and i love them, now i would like to recommend them to someone else so they don't have the same problems i had. they were like 54$ a piece and work very nicely.
Yea I've heard that the Brembo blanks are great quality but the only reason I want to change out the rotors is to get the drilled/slotted look, plus better performance never hurts ...

Anyone know any other kinds of drilled/slotted rotors that are good quality and won't warp?
Old 06-30-08, 12:05 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

cool...

the look is what matters most, until your about ready to get out of your car in the middle of traffic and walk because the warping is so bad it is driving you crazy.. but that may just be me and my heavy *** rims, and uncontrollably psychotic brain that won't let me think about anything else if there is any sort of vibration, rattle, shake, shimmy, noise (that shouldn't be there) or anything else out of the ordinary. i'm working on it though.
Old 06-30-08, 12:11 PM
JasonZ-YA
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does R1Concepts make rotors for the GS?

ive used them and they work great...
-j
Old 06-30-08, 12:14 PM
JasonZ-YA
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://store.r1concepts.com/LEXUS%20.../?sck=10203639

here ya go...

http://www.r1concepts.com/

ive tracked these rotors left and right on my autoX/Drift car...they are great quality for the price...

-j
Old 06-30-08, 01:22 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Nice man thanks, those look good

Now out of tall the pads they have on there, which do you think would have the best balance between performance/durability?