Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

For those with TRD Sways...

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-05, 07:24 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default For those with TRD Sways...

Is it me or does the sways stiffing the ride. I know it suppose to help manage cornering control but it seems the car is transmit road imperfection about 50% more. I have even put on my TRD Springs and Shocks yet. Hopefully after installing my rims the ride don't get even harshser. But ride is still tolerable. I am just crazy?
Old 12-21-05, 08:17 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It has been pretty well documented on CL that the TRD blue sways do make the ride harsher over road imperfections. I am not sure what TRD shocks and springs you are talking about. Do you mean the L-Tuned? If you do not like the car with just TRD sways and 17s, the ride will get worse with performance s/s and 19s.
Old 12-21-05, 08:36 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
It has been pretty well documented on CL that the TRD blue sways do make the ride harsher over road imperfections. I am not sure what TRD shocks and springs you are talking about. Do you mean the L-Tuned? If you do not like the car with just TRD sways and 17s, the ride will get worse with performance s/s and 19s.
I could not described that better than you, Neo
110% true
And what were you thinking? I have feeling that everybody knows "that"? Unless i'm wrong my apology
Old 12-21-05, 11:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

yup same here. that's part of the reason why i changed out the trd to the daizen, and i am very happy with my choice
Old 12-22-05, 05:03 AM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nate579
But ride is still tolerable.

L-Tuned S/S was what I meant to say not TRD, sorry. I didn't say I didn't like the ride. Mentioned that I didn't expect such a change with sways only. I ride is not a problem. I had a driven a GS with Daizenand didn't like the ride TRD IMO is have a more direct feel to the road. I am sure the S/S will only increase the feel of the road they way I like but didn't think the expect the sways to add to as it did. Pretty much like the ride. Can't wait to finish up on the rest on the install as soon as I can find a really reputable shop.

Oh wanted to mentioned that the shop who originally installed the sways broke the bolts. They replaced the bolts. Get home and the ride is still not right. Another bolt head had sheared off. Well, I had to easy out the shank and replaced the bolt on the bracket. I returned to the shop and gave them a earful and got my money back. I should i have done myself in the beginning.

Last edited by nate579; 12-22-05 at 05:16 AM.
Old 12-22-05, 11:05 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Oh wanted to mentioned that the shop who originally installed the sways broke the bolts. They replaced the bolts. Get home and the ride is still not right. Another bolt head had sheared off. Well, I had to easy out the shank and replaced the bolt on the bracket. I returned to the shop and gave them a earful and got my money back. I should i have done myself in the beginning.[/QUOTE]

How in the heck did they brake the bolts ? Next time make sure they have a torque wrench. There should be no way they broke those bolts. They must be using an impact wrench.
Old 12-22-05, 01:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

actually from what i heard those bolts break off pretty easy. mine broke off when the sway was being installed. the mechanic said they break off pretty easily for some reason, so he has a whole bag of new better bolts
Old 12-23-05, 12:34 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

That suprises me that the bolts for such a critical piece would break so easily. I did my own install and used a torque wrench with no problem. Mybe I got lucky .
Old 12-23-05, 01:50 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Heck, I even provided the technician the bolt torque specification that I got from this site. And he still screwed up. Thank goodness I was able to get bushing from a member on this site.
Thanks RYCO1. And Darrly from Sewell Lexus was able to provided additional bolts and brackets just in case it happens again. I find myself checking them every other day, just in case.