GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Two quick questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-13, 02:15 PM
Herd72
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two quick questions

1. Is there a way to make all the doors unlock at once? I would like them all to unlock when I shift to park. I found a way to set it this way in my old Sequoia. - or - is there a way to have them all unlock when I open the drivers door. The way mine is now, I have to unlock my door then hit the unlock button on the inside of the door to unlock the others.
2. Is it really true that your clothes will wreck your seats? I heard this was true if you have Ecru (I do) but did not hear this until I bought it. Will anything take the stain off? Will jeans hurt it? That's about all I wear being retired. Would it have anything to do with the heat from the heated seats? If this really happens how do you guys with ecru handle it? Seat covers? A towel?
Thanks in advance, leading much reading the forum!
Old 12-12-13, 02:26 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Herd72
1. Is there a way to make all the doors unlock at once? I would like them all to unlock when I shift to park. I found a way to set it this way in my old Sequoia. - or - is there a way to have them all unlock when I open the drivers door. The way mine is now, I have to unlock my door then hit the unlock button on the inside of the door to unlock the others.
2. Is it really true that your clothes will wreck your seats? I heard this was true if you have Ecru (I do) but did not hear this until I bought it. Will anything take the stain off? Will jeans hurt it? That's about all I wear being retired. Would it have anything to do with the heat from the heated seats? If this really happens how do you guys with ecru handle it? Seat covers? A towel?
Thanks in advance, leading much reading the forum!
Yes, you can have the dealer program your key fob, or car so it will unlock all the doors at once. It comes set from the factory to only unlock the drivers door for safety. They did something with my key fob and now they all unlock at once. I always get black interior, so I can't answer your other question...
Old 12-12-13, 02:30 PM
Herd72
Pit Crew

Default Thanks

Going back to the dealer tomorrow. They sold me new one with a bad battery, sigh. I will ask about the key fob. Sure hope I did not screw up by buying the ecru ...😢
Old 12-12-13, 03:03 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Drive it naked, no way to keep that light interior clean, I have an 08 with the light leather and im pretty **** about keeping my stuff spotless, the seats especially drivers will show some wear after a while. My 14GX will have black int..
Old 12-12-13, 03:42 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 232 Likes on 163 Posts

You should be able to use the nav screen to program the all doors unlock function. I changed it so that if it hit the unlock button once or touch the front door sensors/tailgate button all the doors unlock. I really wish the rear doors had sensors.
Old 12-12-13, 03:52 PM
Herd72
Pit Crew

Default Thanks again

Sorry to ask so many questions but I really appreciate all the help. I will get on that nav screen and search for the unlock all doors. I am w-a-y too old to drive it naked! I used Zymol on my wife's Benz seats but they were Black. Has any tried Zymol on the Ecru? I read a couple of threads about the Woolite so I may try that. As for being **** about keeping it clean, I am the same way. Point of reference, the Sequoia I traded in yesterday was on the lot for less than 2 hours before it sold and all the dealer did was hose off the wheels! LOL. One last thing, how long do you suggest I need to wait before my first clay bar and wax?
Old 12-12-13, 04:19 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

LOL--never to old!! Just keep the seats wiped down weekly, that will help alot. Clay and wax Now!! Its ready for your lovin.

At about the 2-3K mark I would drain all oils and go to a good Synthetic like Amsoil--I love that stuff. Engine oil, both diffs and transfer case.
Old 12-12-13, 04:33 PM
Herd72
Pit Crew

Default Ready to clay and wax!

The Amsol is great stuff. I am a fan of Royal Purple and it has always served well. I have heard great things about the Amsol as well. I use only synthetic oil - Dino oil just doesn't seem to protect as well. May give that a try. Once again thanks for listening and advising.
Old 12-12-13, 11:18 PM
Lolrax
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
You should be able to use the nav screen to program the all doors unlock function. I changed it so that if it hit the unlock button once or touch the front door sensors/tailgate button all the doors unlock. I really wish the rear doors had sensors.
Yep! I changed it in the nav screen settings as well.
Old 12-13-13, 06:22 AM
Herd72
Pit Crew

Default Found it!

The nav screen did the trick on the door locks, also was able to set them to lock at speed. Thanks to all, so much to learn!
Old 12-13-13, 07:15 AM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Yesterday i test drive on the 14" luxury model white with ecru interior, for some reason the ecru leather is very soft, it feel like it didn't have enough foam underneath that leather, and i went to a different gx with same package ( luxury) with septa interior and that feel more firm than ecru leather? I think the ecru leather more likely age quicker than the other color?
Old 12-13-13, 09:32 AM
Lolrax
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ohiois350
Yesterday i test drive on the 14" luxury model white with ecru interior, for some reason the ecru leather is very soft, it feel like it didn't have enough foam underneath that leather, and i went to a different gx with same package ( luxury) with septa interior and that feel more firm than ecru leather? I think the ecru leather more likely age quicker than the other color?
50,000 Miles on my Ecru and it looks brand new.