Unlock all doors - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion


IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Unlock all doors

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-07, 11:59 AM   #1
RamshakleZ
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 270
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Unlock all doors

I know that through the Personalized Settings you can set it so that when you press the unlock button on the remote, it unlocks ALL doors. However, this is onyl for the remote. Is tehre any way to unlock all doors when you touch the handle? I find it very annoying that I have to open my door and press the unlock button every time.
RamshakleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 12:15 PM   #2
jdoolitt
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 65
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Yes. You can program your fob to do that... Search is your friend. :~)

hold the LOCK / UNLOCK buttons down together (on the SmartKey until the Car beeps... now it will unlock all doors when you touch.

hold the LOCK / UNLOCK buttons down together (on the SmartKey until the Car beeps... now it will go back to only unlocking the drivers door
jdoolitt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jdoolitt For This Useful Post:
deanplevra (01-21-17)
Old 05-10-07, 12:17 PM   #3
isam250
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (7)
 
isam250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ca
Posts: 2,479
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

yep thats how u do it.its on the diy tips n trick thread
isam250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 12:25 PM   #4
RamshakleZ
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 270
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Nonono... I don't want my fob to do it. I want them to unlock when I touch the door handle. Currently, when you use the keyless access (touch the door handle with the key in your pocket), it unlocks only the driver's door. I want the keyless access to unlock all doors. I have already programmed my fob to unlock all doors.
RamshakleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 12:26 PM   #5
RamshakleZ
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 270
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Oh - I just reread what you said... hmm, let me try that. Maybe I did it wrong b/c I tried that.
RamshakleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 01:11 PM   #6
kickin8
2IS/2RX
iTrader: (1)
 
kickin8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 6,835
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamshakleZ View Post
Oh - I just reread what you said... hmm, let me try that. Maybe I did it wrong b/c I tried that.
I did that the first week after I got my car....worked like a charm!
kickin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 01:46 PM   #7
RU514
Lead Lap
 
RU514's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 661
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamshakleZ View Post
Nonono... I don't want my fob to do it. I want them to unlock when I touch the door handle. Currently, when you use the keyless access (touch the door handle with the key in your pocket), it unlocks only the driver's door. I want the keyless access to unlock all doors. I have already programmed my fob to unlock all doors.
Read the post above. That's how you do it. Point the fob at the car, hold the unlock/lock button at the same time until the car makes a beeping noise.

Now, when you touch the handle of the car all the doors will unlock (not just the driver's door). No need to ever use the key fob to open all the doors now and you can just keep it in your pocket.
RU514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 01:55 PM   #8
RamshakleZ
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 270
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskcon View Post
Read the post above. That's how you do it. Point the fob at the car, hold the unlock/lock button at the same time until the car makes a beeping noise.

Now, when you touch the handle of the car all the doors will unlock (not just the driver's door). No need to ever use the key fob to open all the doors now and you can just keep it in your pocket.
Already noticed my mistake... just did it and it works great. Thanks.
RamshakleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 02:06 PM   #9
ben_r_
Lexus Champion
 
ben_r_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Nice, I m glad I read this! I did know that!
ben_r_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-08, 02:27 AM   #10
ES3
Lexus Champion
 
ES3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SC
Posts: 1,708
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoolitt View Post
Yes. You can program your fob to do that... Search is your friend. :~)

hold the LOCK / UNLOCK buttons down together (on the SmartKey until the Car beeps... now it will unlock all doors when you touch.

hold the LOCK / UNLOCK buttons down together (on the SmartKey until the Car beeps... now it will go back to only unlocking the drivers door
Now if only that trick would allow the rear doors to unlock all!
ES3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-08, 03:20 AM   #11
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
tfz_hebe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 2,070
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i brought mine to a lexus dealer and they programmed it for me..awesome stuff
tfz_hebe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-08, 03:09 AM   #12
ES3
Lexus Champion
 
ES3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SC
Posts: 1,708
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfz_hebe89 View Post
i brought mine to a lexus dealer and they programmed it for me..awesome stuff
Did they do anything you couldn't have done yourself?
ES3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-08, 05:12 AM   #13
tex2670
Lexus Champion
 
tex2670's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 4,968
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfz_hebe89 View Post
i brought mine to a lexus dealer and they programmed it for me..awesome stuff
I hope they did it for free
tex2670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-08, 05:13 AM   #14
tex2670
Lexus Champion
 
tex2670's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 4,968
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES3 View Post
Now if only that trick would allow the rear doors to unlock all!
It does if you step up to a GS, ES or LS.
tex2670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-08, 09:16 AM   #15
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (21)
 
iSuxeL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 9,299
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I thought these personalized settings could only be done at the dealership?
iSuxeL is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's your (LPS) Lexus Personalized Settings? Batmobile IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 45 07-01-16 11:31 AM
Actuator Motor Changed..unlock locks car lock unlocks car working opposite backwards iamkhanz GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) 8 06-21-16 02:39 PM
Unlocking doors? lildjloop IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) 10 12-19-15 05:54 PM
2000 ES300 Key Fob Help! dpallenman ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) 11 11-24-15 05:40 AM
Rear Passenger Door Unlock from outside galicianer RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) 3 09-07-12 11:11 PM


Tags
2008 , 250 , button , door , doors , hold , is250 , is350 , keyless , lexus , locks , mt , touch , unlock , unlocking

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:16 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2017 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: