Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Weird keyless entry problem

Old Yesterday, 04:59 AM   #1
Bullitt180
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Weird keyless entry problem

Hello all, I have owned my 99 gs400 for a little over a month and I love it. I have only had one problem which is the starter which I have not replaced yet. Anyway, yesterday I started having a problem with my keyless entry. It has worked fine the whole time I've had the car then all of a sudden it's acting screwy. It began when I got out and tried to lock the car with the fob.....nothing, red light on fob so it's working. Lock, unlock, trunk button do nothing. All actuators work because switch on drivers door still locks and unlocks everything. Checked all fuses, went online to try to figure out how to reprogram fob, found it, still no luck......but while trying to reprogram, realized that if I lock the car from the drivers door first and get out and close the door, everything on the fob works again until I hit the unlock button which at that point will unlock the car, and put down all of the windows and slide the sunroof back, then the fob will not work again until I lock the doors with the switch. Any help is greatly appreciated.

*NOTE*
Also, the problem is happening with both of my master keys, so doesn't seem like the fobs need to be reprogrammed. Seems like something on the cars end.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Last edited by Bullitt180; Yesterday at 05:04 AM..
Bullitt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:27 AM   #2
heybro
Driver School Candidate

Could be door actuator motors dying. I used to have to manually lock my drivers door to get the remote to work before I replaced mine...
heybro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:19 AM   #3
Bullitt180
Driver School Candidate

All actuators seem to be working fine as they all 4 lock and unlock perfectly when I use the lock/unlock switch on the drivers door.

*NOTE*
I noticed this morning when I left for work that the fob to car communication worked perfectly for 2 lock/unlock cycles and then went back to the issue stated above.
Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM   #4
Mr Jokster
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (8)

https://www.facebook.com/nathaniel.alaniz.58
Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Jokster

I second a actuator. I've had the same problem for quite a while and too must lock the driver door manually for the fob to work and yup, works intermittently. Also, try opening each door and making sure that each door turns the dome lights on, IIRC the actuator is the unit that has the door "open/close" sensor on it.

Drag car:
~650WHP 2003 Grand Prix (yes, its front wheel drive can you dig!?)
http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...ad.php?t=36212
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3E7xkQqpKs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs400rpg View Post
Mr Jokster : Perfect example of 22's done right IMO
Mr Jokster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:47 AM   #5
Bullitt180
Driver School Candidate

All doors activate the dome light, how would I determine which actuator in which door is causing my problem?

And why the hell is it making my windows roll down and my sunroof slide back?
Old Yesterday, 11:47 AM