VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

So you wanna buy air runner ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-10, 09:50 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

ive always wondered why people charge so much for kits. you can easily piece together a kit for 1/2 the price.
Old 07-07-10, 11:28 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

its the convenience of not having to piece it together
Old 07-07-10, 09:35 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bonafyd
(Your Brand Here) coilovers & UAS bags FTW
i second that.....
Old 07-07-10, 11:57 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

COol story br0!

I'm not trying to hate on you, or stick up for the company, but why? LOL get what you want, if people want to pay for it, they will. No need to knock a company for making money, and everybody I know that has it, has had no problems with the system and love it.

Your post reads like this.

"**** Carls Jr, their Famous stars are just over priced Burger King Whoppers, and I've never eaten one, but it is just buns and meat and lettuce and cheese, and they call it a Famous star, and blah blah, I want to hate on an over priced company making money"
Old 07-08-10, 05:23 AM
DailyDrive
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^i agree what's the point in knocking a company that made a name for themselves in the scene... everybody is in business to make money. if people are willing to pay for it why not charge premium price from a business stand point. i'm sure they could care less if you buy or not and i'm certain they have a lot of loyal customer... and if i was them.. for the people that says it's just a "mere strut/bags, i can do this for cheaper" i wouldn't hesistate to say go ahead and do YOU. call me when you ready to step it up!... this is jus my 0.02cents btw i remember back in the early 2000 or so maybe even earlier. Air Runner was the airbag company that really did it for imports. AirRide Tech. dealt with Domestics/Hotrods and was merely in the import scene. Airrunner is an OG's in the scene.
Old 07-08-10, 06:59 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bonafyd
(Your Brand Here) coilovers & UAS bags FTW
really?

all this complaining about pricing...and "what if" the strut is bad...blah blah blah, I haven't seen any threads like these pop up on airrunner?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...w-bracket.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...-epicfail.html

This is not about UAS vs. Airrunner. This is about building your own kit for cheaper. Yes, it can be done for less. You pay for labor to fabricate the brackets, you can get better fittings ( I don't use airrunner's fittings)you can get better air management....

Problem is not all shops that claim to be professionals really know what they're doing. You have to find a good shop and you have to actually know a little about air suspension. Why? Because I've seen so many "nice and fancy" setups on trucks that actually are setup wrong and 1. ride like crap 2. puts added stress on the suspension/frame 3. break things.

So do your research people if you're going to go the custom route. Find a good reliable shop and/or do it yourself if you have the talent.
Old 07-08-10, 11:26 AM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by speedaddic
really?

all this complaining about pricing...and "what if" the strut is bad...blah blah blah, I haven't seen any threads like these pop up on airrunner?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...w-bracket.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...-epicfail.html

This is not about UAS vs. Airrunner. This is about building your own kit for cheaper. Yes, it can be done for less. You pay for labor to fabricate the brackets, you can get better fittings ( I don't use airrunner's fittings)you can get better air management....

Problem is not all shops that claim to be professionals really know what they're doing. You have to find a good shop and you have to actually know a little about air suspension. Why? Because I've seen so many "nice and fancy" setups on trucks that actually are setup wrong and 1. ride like crap 2. puts added stress on the suspension/frame 3. break things.

So do your research people if you're going to go the custom route. Find a good reliable shop and/or do it yourself if you have the talent.
Bro uas/coils are my decision on what i prefer (ME)
I could care less what anyone runs on they're car as long as they're happy with it.
they could have GOD RUNNER with JESUS CHRIST air management with ANGEL fittings I don't care!! i'm not the one knocking AIRRUNNER the OP is for his reason on a public forum where people express they're opinion like i did..

Last edited by bonafyd; 07-08-10 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-08-10, 12:23 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

I think you missed the point of this post. It wasn't ---insert your favorite ride setup, it was to open up the eyes of those about to buy airrunner...BEFORE they bought airrunner.
Old 07-08-10, 01:55 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

I'm not gonna go back & forth with you but i guess you missed the OP choice/comparison to AR.
You decide to quote me like i started the thread & i'm saying not to buy airruner & buy UAS.
you also missed someone respond about Ksport bags...anyway i know you have airrunner & i'm sooooo happy for you(believe me i am) but like i said in my post prior to this one I DON'T CARE!!

Have a wonderful time on your beloved airrunner
Originally Posted by skperformance
buy some kyb shocks and firestone bags, have a shop make the brackets to fit them and then a control unit as mentioned above.
Old 07-08-10, 07:07 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedaddic
I think you missed the point of this post. It wasn't ---insert your favorite ride setup, it was to open up the eyes of those about to buy airrunner...BEFORE they bought airrunner.
To what gain?

The OP is bagging a company, just because they charge like 4k for a suspension system, that isn't up to 'his' standards.

That's like knocking JP for a 4k kit. Or *****ing about how their premium widebody kit doesn't even come with a spoiler, and it only widens the car by like 40mm, yet costs 8k+.

SO FUGGIN WHAT! I don't see him *****ing about how he bought it, and it has been nothing but problems, and from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE does not recommend the product.

As far as I know, he's running on an Easy Street custom system that he had quite a few problems putting into his car, that ended up breaking things, since it wasn't even the right setup for his car IIRC.

Again, ***** about something you've got experience with OP, and don't knock it just because you don't feel that you would be getting your money's worth with it. Everybody I know that has it has been happy with it.
Old 07-08-10, 07:22 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

guys....lets keep the discussion clean....everyone has their opinions....don't take anything personal.
Old 07-08-10, 08:30 PM
Kingpin
Rookie

Originally Posted by Caoboy
To what gain?

The OP is bagging a company, just because they charge like 4k for a suspension system, that isn't up to 'his' standards.

That's like knocking JP for a 4k kit. Or *****ing about how their premium widebody kit doesn't even come with a spoiler, and it only widens the car by like 40mm, yet costs 8k+.

SO FUGGIN WHAT! I don't see him *****ing about how he bought it, and it has been nothing but problems, and from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE does not recommend the product.

As far as I know, he's running on an Easy Street custom system that he had quite a few problems putting into his car, that ended up breaking things, since it wasn't even the right setup for his car IIRC.

Again, ***** about something you've got experience with OP, and don't knock it just because you don't feel that you would be getting your money's worth with it. Everybody I know that has it has been happy with it.
Wow ...., its bad enough when you reply to a post with anger but even worse when you reply with ignorance . you have no idea about some one or their exp or how their pockets run .. so that was un called for ..

I have air runner and i dont think that its worth the money for the hefty MSRP price of 5 to 6 k pending on app for some simple lines, firestone bags and Kyb struts.
If i HAD another Car i would have done some thing different but a few factors made me changed my mind > time,car (y34) price for the air runner and knowledge made me go that route since i am using my car daily and i want some thing that is simple basic bolt on .

Last edited by Kingpin; 07-08-10 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-08-10, 10:08 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

I understand skperformance is hating on a product because of a price...no argument there. If airrunner came with better compressors, management and fittings/lines it would be worth paying the retail. Only reason I went with airrunner to begin with was I got them for $2600 shipped new...if not, I wouldve gone with shockwaves w/custom brackets...and for the record

I do enjoy my airrunner very much, and I don't have to worry about bags rubbing......period. Got worries?...
Old 07-08-10, 11:41 PM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

My custom UAS setup rides how I want it to despite the bag rubbing problems. I could easily buy Airrunner but it doesn't ride how I want it to at the height I want. When my bags rub I just have them rotated and rebuilt like how I go through tires. If I just drove my car 4x4 to meets I would get Airrunner but I actually drive my car every day as low as possible so UAS was the only way to go.

Also, putting down UAS because of the 2GS control arm problem is pretty unfair. Custom UAS setups are done on every other car without any problems and they perform much better than Airrunner.

Airrunner is the perfect setup for a show car. If you just want to drive high and park low it does that flawlessly.
Old 07-09-10, 07:09 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Chris, I'm trying to figure out why you can't drive low with airrunner? I do it all the time?

Quick Reply: So you wanna buy air runner ?