VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

So you wanna buy air runner ?

Old 07-09-10, 07:48 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My bags don't rub..
Old 07-09-10, 11:18 PM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

Bag rubbing only occurs on the 2GS, I don't know of any other models that are affected. Any air suspension can ride low but it's not stiff. If you don't have enough air in the bag you're just riding on the shock and the ride quality suffers. Also when your car is really low you don't want soft suspension.
Old 07-10-10, 06:07 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for explaining that Chris. My bags (actually sleeved bag) are @ 105psi front and 80psi rear when I ride low...
Old 07-11-10, 02:17 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Where to start.....

Originally Posted by speedaddic
LOL @ this thread...Just cause one guy says don't buy airrunner, everyone jumps on saying UAS is "better"...blown bags from rubbing owns. If you're going to do ANY air, not just airrunner, do research. Stainless braided lines are not required. If you're blowing lines, you have install issues. I would change the fittings and lines if you buy airrunner, but its not very expensive to do so. I've not heard of airruner leaving anyone stranded as of yet...can't say the same for UAS. Then again, I don't ride UAS so I can't really say how the ride is. I do own Airrunner and I like it a lot (in my Jim Carey voice)
I don;t think EVERYONE is saying UAS is better , it is a trade off and for the price UAS is even more expensive for what you get. Air runner is the value winner in that match up.
SS lines are required for any moving line. Air runner is cheapiong out and short chaning the people who bought the systems by not making it to be 100% safe . DOT lines are not used to hang in the air and flex at any point .

Originally Posted by beez43
well if they only sold the struts, which imo, are much more than mere bags on kyb struts.. the craftsmanship on the struts are fantastic and I am very happy with them. I had an opportunity to get the aftermarket parts so I went with different components that werent supplied from AR. I know that people are knocking on AR because of the price but its not like you hear of many instances about a bag blowing up on on or the airrunner strut itself failing as of yet.. Anyhow, those are my 2 cents and I guess you really cant knock it until you try em all..
Answered below as it really is just what I said it is.

Originally Posted by IcEnPinKi
beez car rides like doo doo.. especially when your in the backseat trying to sleep.
LMAO , Who cares how it rides it looks so good it doesn't need to drive.

Originally Posted by vwynn
its the convenience of not having to piece it together
Excellent point.

Originally Posted by Caoboy
COol story br0!

I'm not trying to hate on you, or stick up for the company, but why? LOL get what you want, if people want to pay for it, they will. No need to knock a company for making money, and everybody I know that has it, has had no problems with the system and love it.
My post will read 1000 different ways to 1000 different people . It is up to the reader to decipher it .Many things can and will be built for cheaper by "other " companies . Has anyone else outright said here is exactly what air runner is selling you . No go and make an informed decision on what fits your lifestyle ,budget and so on?
I haven't seen any of those threads. Most people only post to toot there own horn or because something is broken and they need to fix it . This is to open the eyes of others . If someone else didn't tell us Supra brakes and LS400 brakes are identical other than 2 tabs would anyone have known? ( Ok well I did post that ) . Its about sharing knowledge , I am not putting people down for their buying decision , I am helping allow others to make even better buying processes.

Originally Posted by bonafyd
Bro uas/coils are my decision on what i prefer (ME)
I could care less what anyone runs on they're car as long as they're happy with it.
they could have GOD RUNNER with JESUS CHRIST air management with ANGEL fittings I don't care!! i'm not the one knocking AIRRUNNER the OP is for his reason on a public forum where people express they're opinion like i did..
That line made me laugh so much , god runner >!!!!!!
Anyway , I have mentioned a few times why I made this thread . I wish others would stop thinking it has something to do with a personal attack on them and add constructive criticism to the thread.

Originally Posted by Caoboy
To what gain?

The OP is bagging a company, just because they charge like 4k for a suspension system, that isn't up to 'his' standards.

That's like knocking JP for a 4k kit. Or *****ing about how their premium widebody kit doesn't even come with a spoiler, and it only widens the car by like 40mm, yet costs 8k+.

SO FUGGIN WHAT! I don't see him *****ing about how he bought it, and it has been nothing but problems, and from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE does not recommend the product.

As far as I know, he's running on an Easy Street custom system that he had quite a few problems putting into his car, that ended up breaking things, since it wasn't even the right setup for his car IIRC.

Again, ***** about something you've got experience with OP, and don't knock it just because you don't feel that you would be getting your money's worth with it. Everybody I know that has it has been happy with it.
Its not up to my standards ? Its not even up to DOT standards for road safety . You make alot of assumptions caoboy and I am not sure why.

Please tell me "
As far as I know, he's running on an Easy Street custom system that he had quite a few problems putting into his car, that ended up breaking things, since it wasn't even the right setup for his car IIRC.
You seem to know more about me and my car than I do . I did have install problems by a stupid installer and learned . What did I do after ? Is it fixed? Got nothing to say now do you.

What experience do I have or not have ? It has nothign to do with what I feel. It is common facts , of the parts used did you completely miss that ?

Stick to facts as your opinion is worthless.

Originally Posted by speedaddic
I understand skperformance is hating on a product because of a price...no argument there. If airrunner came with better compressors, management and fittings/lines it would be worth paying the retail. Only reason I went with airrunner to begin with was I got them for $2600 shipped new...if not, I wouldve gone with shockwaves w/custom brackets...and for the record

I do enjoy my airrunner very much, and I don't have to worry about bags rubbing......period. Got worries?...
I don't mean to sound like I am hating on air runner , but come on they should be giving the people who buy it more than they are for the price.

Originally Posted by chrispy
My custom UAS setup rides how I want it to despite the bag rubbing problems. I could easily buy Airrunner but it doesn't ride how I want it to at the height I want. When my bags rub I just have them rotated and rebuilt like how I go through tires. If I just drove my car 4x4 to meets I would get Airrunner but I actually drive my car every day as low as possible so UAS was the only way to go.

Also, putting down UAS because of the 2GS control arm problem is pretty unfair. Custom UAS setups are done on every other car without any problems and they perform much better than Airrunner.

Airrunner is the perfect setup for a show car. If you just want to drive high and park low it does that flawlessly.
100% agree with this post as it is not UAS's fault , you want a modified car you need to expect it is not going to be factory reliable for everything without monitoring.

READ THE ENTIRE THREAD,
ABSORB THE INFO IN IT
DISCUSS IT WITH SOMEONE ELSE
THEN REREAD THIS THREAD.
REPEAT as needed to remove any opinions from facts and form your own knowledge.
Old 09-07-10, 04:28 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got my AirRunner kit straight from Shin in SoCal. Yes it's expensive. So is a Mont Blanc. Heh I paid $500+ for a palladium lighter back in 93 (I know, I know). There are some aspects of this for me are that it's kind of a status symbol to get airrunner. VIP Style. Dropping $3,200 for my kit was a joy! My whole experience was great.

The rear bag got messed up like in four days. Actually it was messed up before but I could not know till I lifted the bag as high as it would go. Dunno what the part is called so don't bother lol. Could have been a manufacturer defect or my installer over torqued the part and made a mess I will never know. However in rush hr. Shin drove 80 miles to and fro, and replaced the entire bag in the campus parking lot. No charge.

Simple install, never had not one problem but for that day and I had them on a daily driven car for about a year!!!! I doubt any other company would have done what Shin did. Some guy in at my school same day using Universal had his rear bags all messed up and could not leave the lot.

After all that, I would say this. If I had the $$ to get the RX330 AWD version for $4K I would. But yes the price is extreme. I wish I had a cheaper but reliable solution bolt on kit like AirRunner. Oh and they do retain some value for resale. I sold my kit for $1,700 after I got the RX and decided to part out the xA.

Might have to do the research.... Bummer. The OP Reads like a rant at first. But I get his point and it's a good idea to look at all my options before spending cash like I am in Vegas I hope I can get a kit pieced together for my RX330 that I will not worry every day about and does not break the bank.

Last edited by infinirx; 09-07-10 at 04:37 AM.
Old 09-07-10, 12:47 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bonafyd
(Your Brand Here) coilovers & UAS bags FTW

tein cst v2 and UAS...with accuair auto level system...thats what i run and its smooth as butter..i also second braided line its a waste of money and if it your line pinches you messed up the install
Old 09-07-10, 01:29 PM
PK_Celsior
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by alwayzspeedin

tein cst v2 and UAS...with accuair auto level system...thats what i run and its smooth as butter..i also second braided line its a waste of money and if it your line pinches you messed up the install
do you have a picture of how you wired up your whole accuair. i was interested in seeing a picture of it. i will be doing the same setup just in a ls
Old 09-08-10, 09:36 PM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Air runner is awsome IMO, unless youre getting the lowest costing combo. Airrunners is all about brand, why do females buy LV bags or Gucci? its just the same bag as one in Kmart, Walmart and Target. Air is universal, you can always add on to the kit, 1 compressor, just buy another one to add on it if you dont like what they provide. I myself am not on airrunner but ive never heard any horror stories compared to other air setups.

Last edited by VNN326; 09-08-10 at 11:57 PM.