Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Custom camber kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-10, 10:04 PM
Gs350Lola
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn, we need a camber kit for the 3gs already...
Old 04-16-10, 10:29 PM
LexiGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by passnu2
^Yes its a fork style end. I just received my parts yesterday.

I will post more info once I have time to test fit them and confirm they work.
Do you mean you bought camber kit for the rear?
Old 04-16-10, 11:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i have a question then. if factory is fork style (both sides, for more balanced force and stability) and now replaced with a ball joint one end type. wouldn't that affect how the suspension react?
Old 04-17-10, 07:54 AM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i have a question then. if factory is fork style (both sides, for more balanced force and stability) and now replaced with a ball joint one end type. wouldn't that affect how the suspension react?
I didn't even notice the fork to ball joint change. In theory, the whole dynamics of the suspension has changed. The way I look at it, the entire rear knuckle has essentially been 'twisted' towards the rear of the vehicle. I'm not for that, personally and would never do that.
Old 04-17-10, 07:56 AM
phatz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !

That is wrong. you cant just convert a fork style into a tab and run a bolt thru it!!

make a new arm! do it right, i build lowriders and have done lots of different things, this is what it should look like.

full adjustable, 1 side is left hand threads, 1 side is right hand threads. just like a tie rod, I could make these easily but I have no time, there is a guy in AZ that will build them for you, just send them the length from hole to hole. end to end. and specs you want.

here is an example of his work, [NOW REMEMBER this is for extreme cases of correction, so the adjustment is made huge,for our cars we hardly need this much adjustment, but its just an example to show you what i am trying to say. btw they can put any ends on you want. at the other end he can put a nice quality heim joint on it also.

if anybody wants his contact info just ask, i will post it.

Last edited by phatz; 04-17-10 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-17-10, 08:24 AM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by phatz
That is wrong. you cant just convert a fork style into a tab and run a bolt thru it!!

make a new arm! do it right, i build lowriders and have done lots of different things, this is what it should look like.

full adjustable, 1 side is left hand threads, 1 side is right hand threads. just like a tie rod, I could make these easily but I have no time, there is a guy in AZ that will build them for you, just send them the length from hole to hole. end to end. and specs you want.

here is an example of his work, [NOW REMEMBER this is for extreme cases of correction, so the adjustment is made huge,for our cars we hardly need this much adjustment, but its just an example to show you what i am trying to say. btw they can put any ends on you want. at the other end he can put a nice quality heim joint on it also.

if anybody wants his contact info just ask, i will post it.
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!! That's how it should look! Very nicely done. Can you post the contact info?
Old 04-17-10, 09:15 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LexiGS
Do you mean you bought camber kit for the rear?
Yes

Allow me sometime to test fit and I will post pics and info.
Old 04-17-10, 09:21 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
not only that I don't think this is very safe
Old 04-17-10, 11:20 AM
phatz
Driver

Empire Customs Inc.
601 N. Stone Ave
Tucson, Az 85705
(520) 888-7639

now dont call him and ask for gs camber kit lol, he will have no fukn clue what your talking about.

what you need to do is this, send him a pic of the rear arms. he is going to need measurements before he can build a set of arms. and the tubing size that I posted is overkill,you wont need that thick of d.o.m. tubing.

call him and email him the info and get a quote. once he builds one set of arms, he can bang off more sets to sell to anybody easily.

just make sure to build them with the fully collapsed length = stock length or a bit shorter., cant go wrong that way unless somebody even wants MORE positive camber then what you have now when lowered.

hope that helps.
Old 04-17-10, 03:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

ok thanks for confirming guys, that's what i thought too. the whole dynamic is changed and it's as unsafe as you can imagine (considering the force and directions). factory put in a fork type for a reason

do it right...
Old 04-17-10, 03:46 PM
Gs350Lola
Lead Lap

wait... this camber isnt safe?
Old 04-17-10, 03:56 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ only half of it is. One arm is the same as the OP used but the other has a fork end as you see someone posted pics above. So you can use this part for one of 2 camber arms that are needed for the GS. I am 99% sure I found a fix for this. I have a few things in process so I will let you know once I can confirm.
Old 04-17-10, 04:49 PM
[0350]
Pole Position

IS250 Rear camber and toe arms are a direct bolt on replacement for the GS350.. No need to custom make a set.??
Old 04-17-10, 10:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by [0350]
IS250 Rear camber and toe arms are a direct bolt on replacement for the GS350.. No need to custom make a set.??
is250 camber arms are adjustable?
Old 04-18-10, 06:06 PM
LexiGS
Pole Position

Which one is the toe arm? Camber arm? and what is the arm with "?" mark?...

thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Custom camber kit-toe_camber.jpg  

Quick Reply: Custom camber kit