Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Custom camber kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-10, 03:52 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks great man! Do you think the mechanic could possibly start mass producing this? I'd be interested if the price is right.
Old 03-07-10, 04:47 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Turned out really good. Would like to see something for the front also.
Old 03-07-10, 05:48 PM
demonds
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

didnt do anything for the front, for some reason the front turned out ok after the drop.By ok I mean not execive wear like the back but still some - camber. I went a whole year without changing the front, only fliping them. The back I had to go trou a second set for the year, a set only lasted me about 5-6 months even with flipping them. I'll post the pics of how bad the camber was tomorrow and you'll see what I mean.
Old 03-07-10, 09:48 PM
[0350]
Pole Position

Thats strange because your car is not lowered very much at all, and you go throught tyres that quick..

You either have crappy tyres or the wheel alignment shop that you went to is pretty hopeless.. They should be adjusting your toe, just a tiny little bit.
Old 03-08-10, 08:02 AM
demonds
Driver School Candidate

I just dont understand how toe adjustment can fix camber. If your wheel has a - camber it will lean inwards making it run in the inside, all the toe does is the direction in wich that wheel is turning. So, even is your toe is - or + or whatever it is the tire is still gonna run in the inside.
Old 03-09-10, 08:08 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ It doesn't fix it but with your drop your within factory tolerance. So if your TOE is adjusted correctly then you "should" have no issues. Either your TOE was not set correctly or aggressive driving in the turns would be my guess.
Old 03-09-10, 02:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by demonds
I just dont understand how toe adjustment can fix camber. If your wheel has a - camber it will lean inwards making it run in the inside, all the toe does is the direction in wich that wheel is turning. So, even is your toe is - or + or whatever it is the tire is still gonna run in the inside.
you have to understand the vehicle and suspension dynamics in order to understand how toe will help or hurt tire wear. i will try to play back from my memory here (and hope i am remembering it correctly).

when a car move forward, the wheels will tend to flare "out". so for example if your wheels have zero toe, mean | |, then when you move forward, it will become \ /. on the other hand, if your wheels are toe in to begin with like / \, then when you move forward, it will become more parallel | |

and you already know how camber works. on factory vehicles, they almost always have negative cambers AND slight toe in as spec. if you use your two hands to illustrate yourself, if the spec is done right, what happens is when moving forward, the wheels will toe out a bit, and combined with the camber, it will create more or less of an even wear on the tires

when you have a lot of negative cambers, the factory toe setting won't be able to help anymore. coz' even with the slight toe out when going forward, the extra negative camber will continue to wear out the inside faster than outside.

the way to correct it (within limit)? put in more toe-in. this cause the wheels to not flare out as much as factory setting, compensating the extra negative wear.

on the other hand, if you have extra negative camber, and you accidentally put a toe out, then when going forward, you will be completely scraping the inside of the tires and wear out the inside very very fast

in fact, any good alignment shop will tell you to certain extend, toe setting is even more important than camber setting when it comes to wear. a wrong toe setting will wear out tires way fast.

hope this explains how toe and camber go hand in hand
Old 03-18-10, 09:22 PM
wingster
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by passnu2
Turned out really good. Would like to see something for the front also.
Something you guys might be interested in...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...amber-kit.html

Front camber kit for the 2IS (assuming the front upper control arms are the same for the 3GS)... There's not much info yet, except that it's made by SPC/Eibach, and is apparently available in Europe. No part number...

Last edited by wingster; 03-18-10 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-19-10, 05:01 AM
phatz
Driver

on my 06awd there is a camber adjustment on the front. the lower control has an adjustable bolt.
Old 04-09-10, 11:48 PM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wingster
Something you guys might be interested in...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...amber-kit.html

Front camber kit for the 2IS (assuming the front upper control arms are the same for the 3GS)... There's not much info yet, except that it's made by SPC/Eibach, and is apparently available in Europe. No part number...
This is interesting. The 2IS does have pretty much identical suspension as the 3GS so these things should work. I'd love to get my hands on a set. I snooped around that site and looked for a solution for the rear but to no avail.
Old 04-10-10, 06:05 AM
[0350]
Pole Position

front should have no problem as standard adjustability is enough to correct any wear, would be a waste of money.
Old 04-10-10, 06:38 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by phatz
on my 06awd there is a camber adjustment on the front. the lower control has an adjustable bolt.
AWD has this and RWD does not.

I'm working on something and should have pics soon with info
Old 04-16-10, 01:54 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by demonds
OK, so here is the deal. You can see on the pic the upper arms that were made in order to adjust the camber. They are fully adjustable and they have lock nuts to keep the adjustment in place. Now the problem, we thought the toe adjustment was gonna be enough to adjust it to spec but it came short. The solution, make a arm to replace the toe one. Basically the car will have a fully adjustable toe and camber, kind like a race car deal. We order the parts already we are just waiting for them. It was kind of nice seeing how the camber would go in and out with ease, now I just have to wait for the toe one.m One more week, sorry.

In your above pic....that new adjustable upper tension arm (right side)...you got a ball joint at one end in the foreground....was that originally a fork-style end?

Below is a pic from a 2IS rear susp arms...i understand the 3GS and 2IS susp are similar....see how the OEM upper tension arm is a fork-style end?

Old 04-16-10, 04:53 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^Yes its a fork style end. I just received my parts yesterday.

I will post more info once I have time to test fit them and confirm they work.
Old 04-16-10, 07:15 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
^Yes its a fork style end. I just received my parts yesterday.

I will post more info once I have time to test fit them and confirm they work.
Cool...what parts did u buy? What brand? Pics?

Quick Reply: Custom camber kit