Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

F sport sway bar offical thread

Old 05-12-09, 06:21 PM
Iocca
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I have to admit i would like to know how much stiffer the bars are than the stock , but I will get them regardless. In terms of doing suspension damage with the swaybars, I am sure Lexus will have better design quality than TOMS or less aggressive at least. The same goes for TRD. I jusr=t want the car to stay flat through the corners. To say the GS handles will , but just has bad steering is totally wrong. If you think this than you need to drive an Infiniti for a while. The Lexus GS rolls and leans like a stoned and drunk sailor who just got a beating.
x2 i was literally scared doing not much over the speed limit through the mountains.
Old 05-12-09, 06:28 PM
lucasb7
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to be a total 450h preacher but... 450h is equipped with the standard AVS and can have the optionally APSSS. I definitely found the 450h to handle better than the 350 both because of the AVS, APSSS, and the extra weight in the back to improve balance.
Old 05-12-09, 06:43 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I can easily imagine that. I have the Tein CST coilovers with the EDFC. This allows similar ability to stiffen the suspension, but the suspension is longer an apropriate match for the current set of sway bars ( should be called sway rods because they are so freakn narrow. ). I dont know if many of you guys ahve actually looked at the rear sway bars. ITS A JOKE. They are the smallest/ thinnest sway bars I have ever seen. My G35 had a set of NISMO sway bars that were 36 mm front and 24mm rear. This still gave the car some lean but eliminated a majority of the lean
Old 05-14-09, 05:49 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

ok,... so right now, as ya'll got me interested in spending some mod $$$, who are the options are where to get???
Old 05-14-09, 10:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

they will be available through dealerships so either you can get them from your local dealerships, or you can get them from our vendors like sewell lexus. i would guess they probably come end of june?

as i mentioned, msrp on the sways will be right around 500. pretty much the same as the old trd sways for 2gs iirc
Old 05-17-09, 09:33 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

....sooooo, are the TRD sways no good, not worth the money, or otherwise???
Old 05-17-09, 01:16 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NAZTY97
....sooooo, are the TRD sways no good, not worth the money, or otherwise???
i don't think there are any aftermarket sways for 3GS; f-sport sways from lexus is currently the only sways available for our rides.

if there are sways from TRD for our 3GS, i'd love to see a link.
Old 05-17-09, 06:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

yes, fsport is the only one
Old 05-22-09, 11:53 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I wasnt aware that TRD even made a set for the 3GS
Old 05-23-09, 10:15 AM
LexFather

Darrel from Sewell has no info yet. As soon as he gets the 3GS F-sport parts, we will know
Old 05-23-09, 06:23 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Darrel from Sewell has no info yet. As soon as he gets the 3GS F-sport parts, we will know
It seems like it's forever for the 3GS F-Sports to arrive at Lexus!
Old 05-24-09, 11:40 AM
tsavo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I am going to be getting the F sport sway bars. I was wondering if anyone knows how much thicker the sway bars over the stock???
I guess I never understood why people buy these type of mods for a Lexus GS. I just don't understand why people buy a car that is not meant to be driven in that manner, then go about replacing half the suspension to get it to handle better. It isn't a sports car...

If you wanted that sort of vehicle, you could have purchased a 5-Series and saved yourself a lot of modifications
The following users liked this post:
BeachBum7 (10-23-19)
Old 05-24-09, 01:14 PM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tsavo
I guess I never understood why people buy these type of mods for a Lexus GS. I just don't understand why people buy a car that is not meant to be driven in that manner, then go about replacing half the suspension to get it to handle better. It isn't a sports car...

If you wanted that sort of vehicle, you could have purchased a 5-Series and saved yourself a lot of modifications
I think there are a lot of people here, including me, that would disagree with you. With all due respect, to start, this car is no more/less a sports car than the standard 5 series, exclusive of the M. And that leads to my 2nd point, the M line of vehicles are just modded versions of what we do, except that it's produced by BMW. Seeing as we don't yet have that option from Lexus, there are available modifications to personalize a vehicle... and last, but certainly not least, if Lexus didn't feel there was a demand for it, they would not have spent the R&D money on a series of F-sport accessories for our vehicles....I, for one, am glad there is finally an OEM line of accessories to add some personalization and performance to these vehicles.

Lee
Old 05-24-09, 04:35 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ Exactly. I drove a 5 series to compare and the only difference was that the steering had a smaller ratio and that the suspension was more bone jarring. Otherwise, I didn't notice any actual differences.
Old 05-24-09, 04:42 PM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

The logic that a German vehicle is more sporty just because it is German is fallacious. German or Japanese, is preference....now, if the discussion was Porsche Cayman, 911 or Cup, then I would agree that those German variants would embarass almost any Lexus (almost)....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F sport sway bar offical thread