Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

F sport sway bar offical thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-09, 11:11 AM
Inertia
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

How did you get your sway bars already? I thought Sewell ships it July 1? You are lucky unless those are IS sway bars...
Old 06-23-09, 11:12 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, the first one to have them installed

Can you give us more detailed info and opinions?

Thanks, and congratulations!
Old 06-23-09, 11:26 AM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how was the install? pretty straight forward? is the feel much more noticeable and do you get more confidence on turns and corners?
Old 06-23-09, 11:47 AM
derfp2
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys....I tried (in the past) installing IS F-sports rear swaybar on my 07GS 350 awd, and the shape was the same (IS rear F-sport Vs GS rear stock swaybar). The IS fsport was thicker by alot BUT...I could not install it. The GS350 awd (not sure about the RWD) stock rear swaybar, once you remove it from the car, the bushings that are used w/ the swaybar ARE permanently attached to the actual swaybar. In otherwords, the metal swaybar has the bushings glued to it on both sides and the brackets to mount the swaybar are permanently glued to the bushings!!!! SOO its all a ONE peice thing, STOCK REAR SWAYBAR= bar+bushings+brackets all one peice. I tryed removing the bushing/bracket off the stock rear bar and place it on the IS F-sport bar (which, again is the same shape just much thicker, and does not come w/ bushings glued to it, they are seperate and not fit the GS) but i couldnt without destroying them!! For the IS (i bought the AWD IS rear swaybar that F-sport offers) the brackets, bushings are all separete, not all glued toghether, and the f-sport bushings that come w/ the rear IS swaybar kit does not fit the GS.....Im hopeing that the GS F-sport rear swaybar addresses this...
Old 06-23-09, 12:19 PM
wingster
Driver

Originally Posted by derfp2
hey guys....I tried (in the past) installing IS F-sports rear swaybar on my 07GS 350 awd, and the shape was the same (IS rear F-sport Vs GS rear stock swaybar). The IS fsport was thicker by alot BUT...I could not install it. The GS350 awd (not sure about the RWD) stock rear swaybar, once you remove it from the car, the bushings that are used w/ the swaybar ARE permanently attached to the actual swaybar. In otherwords, the metal swaybar has the bushings glued to it on both sides and the brackets to mount the swaybar are permanently glued to the bushings!!!! SOO its all a ONE peice thing, STOCK REAR SWAYBAR= bar+bushings+brackets all one peice. I tryed removing the bushing/bracket off the stock rear bar and place it on the IS F-sport bar (which, again is the same shape just much thicker, and does not come w/ bushings glued to it, they are seperate and not fit the GS) but i couldnt without destroying them!! For the IS (i bought the AWD IS rear swaybar that F-sport offers) the brackets, bushings are all separete, not all glued toghether, and the f-sport bushings that come w/ the rear IS swaybar kit does not fit the GS.....Im hopeing that the GS F-sport rear swaybar addresses this...
It appears that they changed the stock sway bar for the 2009 IS.
Someone on CL had trouble installing 2008 F-Sport Sway bars on their 2009 IS.

Look here : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...different.html

Last edited by wingster; 06-23-09 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-23-09, 12:28 PM
e39ng
Lead Lap

These are for GS...I had a shop to install but it doesnt look difficult to install.
The improvement is noticeable. The rear is now very well planted while corning. It complement very well with the coilover.

Last edited by e39ng; 02-01-13 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-23-09, 12:51 PM
wingster
Driver

e39ng: When did you order it?
Old 06-23-09, 01:05 PM
e39ng
Lead Lap

I ordered on 6/12, they shipped out on 6/17...and I received it yesterday.
Old 06-23-09, 11:22 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I called the dealership a few days ago and they said that they can usually get the parts in one day. I am waiting to order on july 1st so I can get the 20% off
Old 06-23-09, 11:26 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Mesca
Hopefully they release the parts July 1st! I seriously can't wait..are you gonna get anything beside the swaybars?
I keep kicking around the idea of doing the intake as well, but I am already getting a little tired of the exhaust droning on long up hill grades. I don't know if I want to push it.
Old 06-24-09, 11:06 AM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I keep kicking around the idea of doing the intake as well, but I am already getting a little tired of the exhaust droning on long up hill grades. I don't know if I want to push it.
Aha, I hear ya. It can get on your nerves sometimes. But hey, with that kind of deal, it's a WHY NOT for me. Plus I'll just crank my music really loudly I'll write a review once I get it and I'll let you know how it is.
The following users liked this post:
NormzGS350 (05-30-22)
Old 06-24-09, 04:20 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Since I have a GS430 there is no way the F-sport sway bar will fit because of the AVS. I don't really care for that system but I just want better sway bars. If anyone knows can they chime in.
Old 06-24-09, 05:26 PM
e39ng
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I called the dealership a few days ago and they said that they can usually get the parts in one day. I am waiting to order on july 1st so I can get the 20% off
Sewell also gave us 20% off plus an additional 15% off.
Old 06-24-09, 05:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by jwin
Since I have a GS430 there is no way the F-sport sway bar will fit because of the AVS. I don't really care for that system but I just want better sway bars. If anyone knows can they chime in.
well again, avs has NOTHING to do with sway bars, having avs doesn't automatically disallow you to do sways. but i think the problem is more whether the fsport sways will fit on your car with the 430 engine. rear i suppose would be more or less the same, the front i don't know
Old 06-24-09, 07:25 PM
vuiskool
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

You can get this from the dealership? SWEET I HAVE A HOOKUP!

Quick Reply: F sport sway bar offical thread