Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

More Tein Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-02, 11:50 AM
minh
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Tein Questions

What are the differences between the Tein HA and the Tein Flex (besides the ability to use the EDFC on the Flex) I remember a dampening chart somewhere for the Tein products. Can someone point me in the right direction. Anyone live in the Los Angeles area with the Tein HA that would be willing to take me for a quick ride? Thanks.

Minh
Old 05-03-02, 12:56 PM
RacingAristo

HA is stiffer than FLEX.
Old 05-03-02, 01:46 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I saw the Tein chart which put the Flex about half way between The HA which can go very stiff and the CS which is their comfort shock. Then there's the RA which is between the HA and the Flex.

I have the RA which I consider street/sport, if I go full soft, it's still almost as smooth as stock, but with better control and just a little rougher on bumpy roads. My wife is very happy, because she wanted a smooth ride when she drives the car. I guess I fooled her !

When I drive, I go up on the settings depending on my mood. I'd guess that the full hard setting probably goes into the HA territory, but the HA could probably go even harder. I'll have to hook up with my GS buddy who has HA's to confirm this.

The Tein chart makes the Flex look like it's much more oriented toward enthusiast handeling without compromising ride. I'm more interested in optimizing street performance, so the RA was my choice. Someone with Flex please comment.

Glen

I'm definitly in need of the EDFC and I'll make good use of the presets. Mode 1: wife, Mode 2 : street, Mode 3 : Canyon Carving
Old 05-04-02, 02:20 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The FLEX is only a hair stiffer than the CS. Please look at the spring rates under this thread...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=43181