Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein Cs Coilover????

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-08, 08:26 PM
cure4all
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tein Cs Coilover????

Here is the thing...I purchased ARISTO's GS300 and everything was going great but now the front driver's side is rubbing like crazy over dips &left turns...Is it possible to replace the coilover springs with another aftermarket spring: eibach/tanabe/l-tuned...? I tried to raising the kit but that didn't fix the problem, now the fender well wheel opening will need to be replaced

Any help would be appreciated!!
Old 07-28-08, 10:38 PM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

You can replace coilover spings. Do you have the Tein CS system on the car? If you do Tein makes all different kinds of springs for you if you want to stiffen it up, or Eibach, Swift, etc.... to name a few.
Old 07-29-08, 08:44 AM
cure4all
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Scott1258 ! I do have the Tein CS system. Which spring replacement would you recommend if you wanted a little stiffer rate/slight raise in height? Right now I can barely get a finger in b/w the tire and the fender...with the road conditions, I need at least 2 fingers of space...
Old 07-29-08, 09:20 AM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cure4all
Thanks Scott1258 ! I do have the Tein CS system. Which spring replacement would you recommend if you wanted a little stiffer rate/slight raise in height? Right now I can barely get a finger in b/w the tire and the fender...with the road conditions, I need at least 2 fingers of space...
You can do a couple of things:

1. Just raise the ride height of the coilover so your car sits higher. This is one of the benefits of a coilover system - to be able to adjust ride height. You don't want to adjust right height by getting a longer spring. I would suggest this as your first option. I know you said you tried this, but it will raise the car and it sounded like you didn't get the car raised. Have your mechanic do this for you to a make sure it is being done correctly. By raising the ride height you will compress the spring and you will get a slightly stiffer spring rate just by raising the car. I would suggest you do this first before you consider getting different springs as this may be all you need to solve your problem. Perhaps the car is maxed out in lowering and you just need to raise it up a finger or two. Very easy for your mechanic to do.

2. If after raising the car and you still want stiffer springs contact Tein and they will tell you which springs you need for your car. If you have CS v2 you have 9kg in front and 8kg in rear. You can go +/- 2 kg harder or softer front and rear. But don't do this untill you raise the car and see how it drives! And while the mechanic is in there have him check all the other suspension components as well to make sure you don't have another problem that you are unaware off thta is causing your original concern - it may not be your coilover system that is causing your problem it could be something else: Ball joints and tie rods, upper and lower control arm bushings, caster bushings -- to name a few. Pleae have your mechanic check over the car. This could be a dangerous problem and you want to make sure all is well with all the components.

Also - if you have not done it yet get the Daizen Steering racking bushing kit and have this installed while you have the car on the rack. It's $40 and can be installed in 20 minutes by a good mechanic. Much better steering response and will help with any vibrations or wheel shake you may have. This is one of those you just need to do it things. Look it up here on the board if you are not familiar with it. Best bang for the buck you'll ever find.

Hope this helps! But just get the car raised to begin with and you will probably be a happy camper after this.

Scott

Last edited by Scott1258; 07-29-08 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-29-08, 10:04 AM
cure4all
Driver School Candidate

Maybe it is more than just the CS system...from the photos I see, it looks as though the photo shows a perfect height! I will take the car in to see if it can be raised again, I tried last week but it looks to be almost the same I will be fine as long as I don't turn left and only drive on the highways!!
Old 07-29-08, 10:29 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What are the wheel/tire specs?
Old 07-29-08, 11:33 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The front tires may need a stretch?
Old 07-29-08, 11:51 AM
cure4all
Driver School Candidate

stretch the tires??????

--WHEELS/TIRES: MRR GT1's, S.DRIVE. Fronts: 20x8.5 [2.5" lip]--245/35/20, Rears: 20x10.0 [4" lip]--275/30/20.
Old 07-29-08, 11:52 AM
cure4all
Driver School Candidate

tires are all 38 PSI by the way