Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Brembo Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-05, 01:16 AM
BlkOnBlkGS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brembo Rotors

Anyone have or experienced Brembo drilled and slotted rotors on your GS? If so whats your take on them?
Old 01-15-05, 04:26 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont have them but i believe DaveGS4 does

here some useful info Rominil provided back inthe day

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=brembo+rotors
Old 01-15-05, 06:47 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkOnBlkGS
Anyone have or experienced Brembo drilled and slotted rotors on your GS? If so whats your take on them?
brembo does not make genuwine slotted and drilled rotors.. the true brembos are called brembo sport rotors and come either slotted or drilled by brembo .. their is a big diff with the quality of gen brembo sport rotors and another company using inferior brembo blanks and doing the drilling and slotting in house.. most of the time they use the inexpensive version of metal from mexico etc vs the brembo sports that are made at their own foundary in itlay alogside where they make their 2 piece rotors for big brake applications.. the finish on my brembo sport rotors are diff the the imposters , the slotting done by brembo go the reverse direction of the cooling internal vanes, they designed these right and i personally would not buy any other brand except projectmu 2 piece .. these hold up perfectly under my style of driving compared to the powerslot garbage i had before that cracked and warped within 6 months

the brembos are not cheap , they avg around 340 for the fronts but hey you get what you pay fo
Old 01-16-05, 02:38 AM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkOnBlkGS
Brembo offers different levels for different applications, and for different budgets. There are currently three performance levels within the Brembo program. The first level is the Sport system. These kits include cross-drilled or slotted discs and high performance brake pads, and are direct replacements for the OEM components. The second level, the Gran Turismo system, upgrades the entire corner brake assembly. These kits combine fixed mount, four-piston aluminum calipers equipped with high performance brake pads, one or two piece directionally vented discs, and steel-braided brake lines. For those seeking a system for exclusive or nearly exclusive track use, the Track systems offer upgrades consisting of true racing components.
Old 01-16-05, 11:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

as ed said, brembo doesn't ahve predrilled rotors, they sell blanks. other shops drill and slot them, as long as it's done correctly it's good.

mine came from stillen, they are good and so far i have no complain at all