Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

GS4 Alignment Woes

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-04, 02:13 PM
nudderGS400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS4 Alignment Woes

I just noticed a very slight irregular wear on the right front tire, took it in to get aligned at the same shop I always use, and they say they can't get it back within specs. Just barely outside of specs. Ideas?

It is only one side, the other is fine. Do you think I bent something? What has the greatest shot at being the problem? Control arm? Upper/Lower? Bushings (come on Daizen!)? Ideas?

I hate to do it, but will probably have to take it in to the Lexus dealer.

Old 07-28-04, 03:20 PM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ?

Hey Dan. Take it over to Carson's on route 1 . They specialize in alignments. They do dropped Cars with large rims alignments.

Paul
Old 07-28-04, 05:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

it's very possible i think. i am not sure if something is bent (maybe mine is all bent), but the alignment figures on my cars are all not symmetric left and right. they are very very close to each other, but not all the same. i remember seeing one side is right within spec and one side is right out of spec.
Old 07-29-04, 04:48 PM
nudderGS400
Pole Position

Default Experience?

Anybody have an alignment issue, then replace a suspension part, and have the alignment all go back in spec?

What was replaced?

Has anybody ever replaced their upper or lower control arms? I understand you can't just do the bushings without buying the arms until Daizen comes out with the aftermarket.

Other suspension components folks think may be suspect?

Old 07-30-04, 05:40 AM
wineohs
Rookie

Default alignment

I am probably not explaining this right but here goes. .......My GS has L-Tuned suspension and Daizen sways. The car would not go into alignment..Don't have exact specs but I was burning through tires. Kept taking it to the local Lexus dealer and they would get it close but still out of specs. 3 months would go by and it would be way out of specs....No...no accidents, frame damage etc.etc. After alot of alignments at the Lexus dealership (they have no clue how to work on modded cars) and burninig through alot of tires, I decided to take it to a shop (after another CL member's suggestion) that specializes in racing BMW's and also does alot of suspension work. They were able to make another notch where the strut sits and weld it back together to bring the car into alignment. I have not had a problem since..Car runs great with no alignemnet issues..I even took the car back 6 months after they did the work just to test the alignment and no problems at all.

Find a reputable suspension shop (probably not your Lexus dealer) who specializes in racing or has experience with negative camber isssues..........
Old 07-30-04, 07:51 AM
nudderGS400
Pole Position

Default Who did it?

Thanks Winohs,

Where was the shop? NY? Contact info?

SOunds like just what the doctor ordered

Old 07-30-04, 03:55 PM
wineohs
Rookie

Default alignment

Rochester, New York
Eksten Automotive
If you want more info. PM me

Anything to help...I was pulling my hair out
Old 08-12-04, 09:31 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Experience?

Originally posted by nudderGS400
Anybody have an alignment issue, then replace a suspension part, and have the alignment all go back in spec?

What was replaced?

Has anybody ever replaced their upper or lower control arms? I understand you can't just do the bushings without buying the arms until Daizen comes out with the aftermarket.

Other suspension components folks think may be suspect?

front ball joints. had mine doneand it tracks straight now. in the past it did not