Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

tein HA yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-04, 05:00 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tein HA yes or no?

i have a good deal on some tein HA does anybody have any feed back? thanks
-josh
Old 03-03-04, 05:47 PM
hotmachine
Driver

How much?

I drove a 147 with HA's a while back and I think I would get it for my future car.
Old 03-03-04, 06:32 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

well if all you want is handling and comfort is not really important, it's a good choice. but if you want ride quality, i would probably stay away from it
Old 03-07-04, 10:58 AM
Aristor
Lead Lap

I had the HA b4 I got the CS, I've only had the HA for a year and it was startin to make this knocking noise in the rear shocks and also the shocks and springs doesn't feel like it's working together. But this is just my case, get some more feedbacks b4 you pick them up. But if it's a Crazy deal then I probably get it too
Old 03-10-04, 02:10 PM
JLAM
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Tein HA on my GS...i like them. The ride isn't as bad as people think. I personally like the nice firm ride and they handle great. I have no complaints. But I'm also used to having the HE in my 240sx.
Old 03-11-04, 09:26 AM
B_Cruz
Driver

Originally posted by rominl
well if all you want is handling and comfort is not really important, it's a good choice. but if you want ride quality, i would probably stay away from it
agreed. Also if you live near the ocean, body of water or snow then don't get it unless you like surface rust.

-ex Tein owner.
Old 03-15-04, 09:32 PM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

Default depends...

on other supension parts that are either on the car or will be on the car. If future plans include sways bars, braces and STB, then HA maybe too stiff for the average person. With all the possible braces on the car, I like the ride of the CS. Also a big issue would be what size wheels you have or will have. HA's with stock everything else and 17s felt great. Personally, I run HA on 20s with TRD sways and frt/rr STBs...most of the time I keep it on the softest setting. Its pretty comfy IMO.

The last factor will be who will be sitting in the passenger seat. Wives seem to carry more weight than GFs when it comes to making they men change out the suspension. Ask the norCal guys here who've gone from HA->Flex->CS

One last thing...if you get any of the TEIN suspensions...make sure you budget in for an EDFC. There is no perfect setup for all the roads you will run into. The EDFC just gives you a little more flexibility when you're driving around.
Old 03-15-04, 10:53 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the HA's, TRD blue sways and just about every Tom's brace made. Interestingly enough, my latest tire swap made a big difference. I used to run the S03's which were very stiff -- I was considering switching to Flex or going to the Daizen Sways. I switched over to the Eagle GSD3's, and even at 42 PSI the ride is much less harsh than previous. And I had a bunch of conservative [bit older] co-workers in the car today at lunch and they commented that the car still felt good [comfy] despite all the mods.
Old 03-16-04, 04:15 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

when I installed my HA's 3weeks ago, I thought they were stiff as well, but I had the car dropped really low (both tires tucking!). Last thursday I raised it to a 1.5 finger gap in the front and 1/2 finger gap in the rear. the ride is MUCH better. It has suspension travel and the ride on the highway is very cushy! I also took the car to NYC this weekend and it was not too bad, not like a pillow but not shaking my fillings out!!

Last night I cranked the front down to almost no gap in the front and drove around last night, still felt good I have to leave it like that and give some feedback.

I say find a owner with HA's and take a ride on them, I had a member ask me, " why did you get those hard HA's?" and he had never rode on them, even he said the ride is not BAD! and that was before I raised it!!!