Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

TMengineering?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-07, 07:42 AM
Philly#1 Lex
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question TMengineering?

We all know TMengineering sells bushings for our cars. I want to order so bushings from them but I am nervous because I have been reading fairly recent post stating that they are not shipping parts out? Todd doesnt return phone calls/(or answer them ) Does anyone know if there is any truth to this ? Any one order in the last couple weeks? Let me know your experiences or

Thamks Later
Old 03-21-07, 08:04 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered a set of control arm / steering rack bushing last thursday, and I was promised that i should receive it by monday (yesterday). It's tuesday now...and it better be at my doorstep today. I'm very nervous about this whole transaction as I have read some disturbing stuff about TME.
Old 03-21-07, 08:21 AM
Philly#1 Lex
Lead Lap

Unhappy

I will be waiting for your response tommorrow. Now I am even more nervous
Old 03-21-07, 08:45 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Awww F###. The USPS lady came by and no package for me.
Old 03-21-07, 08:57 AM
Philly#1 Lex
Lead Lap

sucks
Old 03-21-07, 09:25 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

THANK YOU! Im glad someone finally made a thread about this. First off let me tell you, Im pretty pissed. I placed an order for some Tein SS for my little brother's SC. The order was placed about a month ago. I called and called and two weeks later he finally calls to say that the order had never gone through. I checked my bank account and the money was still there. We try the order again last week. He told me to expect the Teins at my doorstep no later than Monday which was yesterday. Today is now Tuesday. I better get something, either my money back or the product I payed for.

TM Engineering has horrible customer service. I left about 5 or 6 voicemails for him. I probably made like 10-15 calls this month. They had only picked up 2 of those 10-15 calls. I would definetly not recommend them for anything nor would I do business with Todd ever again.
Old 03-21-07, 09:32 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Guys just wanted to let you know the moderator team has also reached out to TM to find out what's going on.
Old 03-21-07, 10:19 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

I used to order from TME - I bought alot of stuff from them in the past. Todd was very prompt and every thing arrived on time - Service had been excellent.. In the last year or so -everytime I emailed him, it took ages for a reply. I called his shop and no answer - just an answering machine. Just last month, I emailed him about some Tein Coilovers - and Still no reply yet.. I don't know what has happened to him - maybe he's really busy or theres some kind of personal matters he's giving attention to.. I would ask everyone to be patient - he's really a good guy - and to my knowledge he has no intention of ripping anyone off.. There may be things happening out of his control and we should all give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 03-21-07, 10:32 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

In the meantime, those seeking bushings should give a call or check with Sewell Lexus. They are also a vendor here and they are quick with orders. Not to mention, you can use the coupon code CL911M that will give you an additional 10% discount!
Old 03-21-07, 11:00 AM
Philly#1 Lex
Lead Lap

Unhappy

Thanks guys, Saved me a big headache. Does anyone know if Sewell sells Daizen Bushings?

And yes I had done buisness with todd in the past, service was prompt back then... Now I keep seeing this horror stories w/them. Man I really need front bushings and steering bushings
Old 03-21-07, 11:16 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

If i can't get a hold of anybody at TME, and if i don't see my package by tomorrow, I'm putting a charge back on my CC.
Old 03-21-07, 12:48 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Philly#1 Lex
Thanks guys, Saved me a big headache. Does anyone know if Sewell sells Daizen Bushings?
Sewell is an authorized dealer for Daizen. I've bought Daizen steering rack bushings from them before.
Old 03-21-07, 11:20 PM
RacerLex
Pole Position

FYI, someone I know ordered a few $$$ items from TME and they arrived within a week or so after placing the phone order. This was this month (March) so not all is bad. Just wanted to give some very recent positive feedback.
Old 03-22-07, 12:43 AM
mole
Lexus Test Driver

I bought Tein CS from Todd. I gave him a deposit and he was going to install a week later. The day he was going to install he cancelled and then seemed to have a problem setting a new date for the install. After 3 weeks, I finally asked for a refund. Todd never responded and it took me months to get my credit card company to reverse the charges. He never did reply to voicemails or emails about the situation. Most of the time I couldnt even leave him a message because voicemail was full. I even tried the route of getting Liz involved since she seems to have the connection with him, and from what I could tell, he didnt respond to her either.

I have read many posts over the months titled "wondering where Todd is" and "why doesnt TM Engineering return my calls".

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=246755 is another recent thread.
Old 03-22-07, 08:18 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Ok... the USPS Lady just left. No package again.
I'm putting a charge back on my CC.
F### TME.

Quick Reply: TMengineering?