Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

TMengineering?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-07, 01:30 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

BLiu, it's not just ChronoJ1 that is upset with the situation. There have been many members dating back a few months who had the same problem. Around Christmas time, Todd went to SEMA so that was an excuse as to why no one could get in touch. However, it's still hard to get in contact with Todd nowadays, even after SEMA is long gone. What's Todd's excuse now?

I really wish Todd chimed in to give his explanation. That would clear up a lot of things.
Old 03-22-07, 01:39 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
BLiu, it's not just ChronoJ1 that is upset with the situation. There have been many members dating back a few months who had the same problem. Around Christmas time, Todd went to SEMA so that was an excuse as to why no one could get in touch. However, it's still hard to get in contact with Todd nowadays, even after SEMA is long gone. What's Todd's excuse now?

I really wish Todd chimed in to give his explanation. That would clear up a lot of things.
Maybe Todd has his reason for his non-reply that we don't know. But guys like Chrono, who basically fire away at anyone who does not happen to agree with him INCLUDING the moderators are dangerous people. Just look how he is attacking me with vicious names and commanding me to troll elsewhere.

He doesn't even know me and yet he is biting my head off without a moments notice. (The term hothead comes to mind.) I have been on CL for a very long time and know both the history and the people involved at CL and TME. The vision of CL directly from the owner is to make this forum a classy place. At this point it's not...

Unfortunately, it's turned into a lot of gripers and complainers who, when told to calm down and be patient, start biting the heads off of the messenger...go figure

To be fair, this forum is way more classy than others though...we have the moderators to thank for that.
Old 03-22-07, 01:42 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

C'mon guys lets keep this conversation civil please and not dissect posts.

There is an ongoing issue with communication and followup; we'll work on a solution(s) with the vendor.
Old 03-22-07, 01:43 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ChronoJ1
Well moderators are doing their jobs, so go somewhere else and do your own.
It's easy to boss somebody else around than follow your own advice, eh?
Old 03-22-07, 01:44 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
C'mon guys lets keep this conversation civil please and not dissect posts.

There is an ongoing issue with communication and followup; we'll work on a solution(s) with the vendor.
Agreed

I'll do MY best.
Old 03-22-07, 01:48 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLiu
It's easy to boss somebody else around than follow your own advice, eh?
I'm a recent customer of TME who is very alarmed by not only my own transaction, but others' as well.

Who are you? You have nothing to do with this thread and your sole job here is to attack me. PM me if you have something more enlightenening for me. Otherwise, leave this thread alone and i don't see why this thread would leave the rim of civility.
Old 03-22-07, 01:53 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

I'm a recent customer of TME who is very alarmed by not only my own transaction, but others' as well.

Who are you? You have nothing to do with this thread and your sole job here is to attack me. PM me if you have something more enlightenening for me. Otherwise, leave this thread alone and i don't see why this thread would leave the rim of civility.
Well, you called me a TME nut hugger right? I guess that's what I am. Why do I need to PM you? I don't know you. I don't need to know you. I only PM FRIENDS.

I call it as I see it. It's very rare you go toe to toe with a moderator on a thread. Unfortunately, you are that rare bird. Congrats!
Old 03-22-07, 02:06 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Well, you called me a TME nut hugger right? I guess that's what I am. Why do I need to PM you? I don't know you. I don't need to know you. I only PM FRIENDS.

I call it as I see it. It's very rare you go toe to toe with a moderator on a thread. Unfortunately, you are that rare bird. Congrats!
Perhaps, in another thread we can be friends.

And yes, Dave knows me for causing ruckus.
Old 03-22-07, 02:16 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Perhaps, in another thread we can be friends.
Seriously, that would be nice.

Yes, TME has been struggling with customer service. Yes, you are frustrated. But please let's give TME the benefit of the doubt.

Believe me, the CL community will take a hit if TME departs. Not because of his business, but because of the very fact that Todd knows his stuff and has helped solve problems many, many times.

In fact, ironically it was he who discovered how difficult it is to change out the bushings you are dealing with and has posted and helped countless people to streamline their efforts and succeed. Believe me, the high charge for labor is how LONG it actually takes to replace the bushings - they are a PITA. But he figured out a way to do it in half the amount of time, but does he charge his customers for the high cost? Nope, those charges get translated in a less pricey labor bill. Those are the stories people don't talk about unfortunately.

IMHO, you don't get honest folks like that very often in the aftermarket auto business. It would be a shame if he left CL.
Old 03-22-07, 02:39 PM
phunkyGS
Lead Lap

Believe me, the CL community will take a hit if TME departs. Not because of his business, but because of the very fact that Todd knows his stuff and has helped solve problems many, many times.
Dead on.

All this comes as a suprise to me, because I've had nothing but great transactions with Todd. I hope that nothing is seriously wrong, as it is hard for me to believe that, after years of outstanding service, that he would just do a complete 180 and willingly **** customers off.

Hopefully, Dave can get in touch with him and find out what's what. Until that time, I will reserve judgement and continue to think that this is just an anomaly.

Fortunately, we have several great vendors that support CL...I just hope that TME will still be one of them.

Good luck to those who are still in limbo with their transactions. I hope everything gets resolved to your satisfaction.
Old 03-22-07, 08:41 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

THIS JUST IN!!!!!!

FOR ALL FOLKS READING THIS THREAD REGARDING TME's CUSTOMER SERVICE...

You are about to get the other side of the story. Next time you guys decide to post about bad service from TME, make sure you get your story true. As I always say: THERE ARE TWO SIDES TO A STORY...

If I were TME, I would reconsider why I should do business with CL members...

I stopped by TME to get a story firsthand. The following are TME facts:

CHRONO first with his bushings "story":

The order was supposed to be shipped by Friday, to arrive Monday.

CHRONO called on Friday to add to the order, he SPECIFICALLY said to SHIP TOGETHER WITH THE BUSHINGS, a set of lugs and locks if it hadn't gone out yet.

TME told him that they had lugs, but also a bunch of orders pending, and that most likely they wont have locks. He said he REALLY WANTED locks with it, but he'd take a set without locks.

TME waited for their order from McGard, which didn't arrive Mon or Tue, and TME even checked with some other distributors just so TME could get him the locks that he wanted. READ CAREFULLY: TME WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY TO FIND HIM LOCKS! TME called him Tuesday but he didn't even answer!!!!!!!!!

In any case, TME gave up and just sent everything with a set of lugs with no locks.

Keep in mind that Chrono has already ordered a charge back on his cc. So now TME is screwed.
Now, on to JspecSC3 from Nor Cal:

He puts in an order, then IMMEDIATELY emails TME to cancel it
because he said the price was too high.

Then TME gets another same order, so TME actually tossed it.

THEN he calls wondering where his stuff is.

TME runs his card, it is no good. He doesn't even have the money on
this card. His card was declined! TME tried it again for 3 more days,
STILL DECLINED. TME thinks this might be a scam at this point.
When TME is suspicious, they usually just wait to see what happens.

2 weeks later he puts in ANOTHER IDENTICAL ORDER. Now TME is super
suspicious. TME runs the card and it goes through, but let it "cool
off" for 3 days, just to make sure the coast is clear and TME is
somewhat safe. Then the order is shipped.

NOBODY IS HOME AT HIS HOUSE FOR DELIVERY, and he calls acting like
TME ripped him off because it wasn't delivered.

So there you have it. Two folks who posted complaints. Two very different stories. Just remember anyone reading this post...running a business is not easy when you have to deal with people like these. When TME is delayed you can bet it's because TME is waiting on parts from 3rd party and NOT because they have crappy service.

I am pissed because these two guys may have messed it up for all us other CL members who have had good service from him because we become associated with these two "customers" and he is going to be jumpy every time he does business with CL members.

Last edited by BLiu; 03-22-07 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-22-07, 08:56 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

thanks for the response!

I've only had one experience with TME and they got me my stuff in just two days.

I tried not to recommend TME until this situation was cleared up. I didn't want to direct anyone to TME unless I was fully sure that it wasn't TME's fault.

I just really wish todd would chime in instead or PM/call/email the buyers directly. I still believe todd should do something about the phone calls. A good customer service base could have prevented all of this.

I just hope the situation works out for everyone.
Old 03-22-07, 09:02 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

To those who have/had good experience with TME. I'm glad everything worked out fine for you guys, but don't tell us with bad experience to just buckle down and wait till Todd comes through. I know TME has done alot of good for CL community in the past, but without CL, TME wouldn't have earned its once-good-reputation/profit/etc. I regret that I gave TME a chance even after reading all the nightmare stories about that shop, and I will never do business again with them and lastly I will make it my job on CL to prevent others from going through what I have experienced.
I also just want to highlight the above comments and shed some light....

Chrono is obviously "green" if he thinks that CL is what made TME. TME's background and industry accomplishments span well more than a decade previous to the existence of CL.

He is sorely mistaken to think that the automotive world circles around CL. Audi, Toyota, Scion, Honda, Mazda, Clarion, Alpine, MB Quart, Panasonic, Kenwood, Primedia Publishing, and maybe a couple other small companies didn't find TME through CL, nor do they even know that CL exists. I have seen some of these companies firsthand when I visit TME. I have seen Mazdaspeed secret project cars there EVEN before the magazines even publish them as spy shots. Ponder that...

Sorry this is not a slam on CL but on those folks that think CL members are god's gift of a customer base to TME or any other vendors. I know that the CL admins and moderators do not share this same sentiment. But just in case anyone thinks that TME is surviving on CL's business is dead wrong.

Frankly, TME's business is not what attracts me to TME. Anybody can sell me parts, but Todd knows what and why he is selling and that does not just pertain just to Lexus. He will also tell me if a part DOES NOT FIT so I don't waste my money and find out I can't fit it on my car or I need an additional part for it to fit. That's why TME is so great. Now, if we keep abusing that, then we may never get that extra touch and that expert knowledge base of his when we buy parts from him.

Last edited by BLiu; 03-22-07 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-22-07, 09:11 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSteg
thanks for the response!

I've only had one experience with TME and they got me my stuff in just two days.

I tried not to recommend TME until this situation was cleared up. I didn't want to direct anyone to TME unless I was fully sure that it wasn't TME's fault.

I just really wish todd would chime in instead or PM/call/email the buyers directly. I still believe todd should do something about the phone calls. A good customer service base could have prevented all of this.

I just hope the situation works out for everyone.
Gsteg:

As I stated in my post above. When I went to talk to Todd about it, he was shocked that such posts were made, specifically the two in this thread. However, he is way too busy to get on this forum and duke it out with two customers with one-sided stories. His time is much more valuable than that. So I decided to post just because I could not let his side of the story be left untold.

I am willing to bet TME answers MOST e-mails and PM's and voicemails in a very timely matter. Once again, it's the aberrations that get plastered all across the forum for one particular reason or another. And usually, the person who shouts the loudest, has the most to hide. The mature thing would be to always try to WORK IT OUT and be patient. For the two cases above, neither was the case and, therefore you get delusional complaints about service.

If Todd doesn't answer the phone, it's not because he has bad customer service, it's because he is VERY BUSY. If Todd is not in the shop, it's not because he is lazy, it's because HE IS WORKING AT ANOTHER client's site. Please read my other post to see who his clients are.

Let this be a lesson learned to all. Again, it's not easy to run a business. I am grateful that TME is still willing to do business with us after all this crap.

Last edited by BLiu; 03-22-07 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-23-07, 04:12 AM
9teens
Banned SCAMMER

i tried to order from todd n have him work on my car..no answer...no reply of emails or vmails....personally i think if a business cant communicate with the customer, then its better for the customer to find someone else to help. Oh and i been patient. i been trying to contact him for 2 months. Usually if i hear nothing after the third call i will seek somewhere else. i was patient bc of all the good things i hear but lately seems like this guy has vanished off the face of the earth.

Last edited by 9teens; 03-23-07 at 05:11 AM.

Quick Reply: TMengineering?