7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming mode

I cannot get my 2008 SC 430 to go into programming mode
Old 06-18-18, 09:52 AM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 544 Likes on 413 Posts

To do what? What I programming are you talking about?
Old 06-18-18, 09:56 AM
JPElvisTCB
7th Gear

That would be helpful. I purchased the car with only one master key (I sure hope its the master)
I bought a key online, had it cut at a locksmith. Now Im trying to program the key to start and lock/unlock doors
Old 06-18-18, 10:51 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 858 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by JPElvisTCB
That would be helpful. I purchased the car with only one master key (I sure hope its the master)
I bought a key online, had it cut at a locksmith. Now Im trying to program the key to start and lock/unlock doors
how are you attempting to do this?
are you using TechStream or do you have a procedure?

Welcome to Club Lexus.
Old 06-18-18, 11:03 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Old 06-19-18, 06:41 AM
JPElvisTCB
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Bgw70

how are you attempting to do this?
are you using TechStream or do you have a procedure?

Welcome to Club Lexus.
I am inserting the master key (Not turning) pressing the gas 5 times, then the brake 6 times. removing the master and inserting the new key. the security light flashes as soon as I take the master key out. I insert the new key, the light never stops flashing
Old 06-19-18, 06:52 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

I am inserting the master key (Not turning) pressing the gas 5 times, then the brake 6 times. removing the master and inserting the new key. the security light flashes as soon as I take the master key out. I insert the new key, the light never stops flashing
where did you obtain the fob?
what does it look like?
not the key, just the fob and are you sure it is compatible?

i have a fob one that will only program the door locks but not the ignition.

have you tried to program the locks?

also, if four keys have already been programmed to the car, you can NOT add anymore.
the only way I know to check is using TechStream.
TechStream will allow you to remove and reprogram your keys, plus many other things.

Last edited by Bgw70; 06-19-18 at 06:55 AM.
Old 06-19-18, 06:55 AM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 544 Likes on 413 Posts

Did you read the instruction in the link BGW provided? Open and close the door, not pressing the brake and gas pedals.
Old 06-19-18, 07:38 AM
JPElvisTCB
7th Gear

I do not have just a fob. I purchased the key from remotesremotes.com. looks just like my original key. the key was then cut by a locksmith. it turns in the ignition but wont start. I have not tries to program locks, but I will this afternoon. (Old key on top)

No idea how many keys have been programmed to this vehicle. I am the third owner. Just purchased earlier this month

What/Who is TechStream?
Old 06-19-18, 10:08 AM
mazinblu
Driver School Candidate

I'm in a similar situation. Just bought my SC430 with only 1 key. Looking to get another key (or 2). Easy getting them from remotesremotes? Does it have the lexus logo on the back? I'm going to keep an eye on this thread to see if you get an answer.

JP
Old 06-19-18, 10:39 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

GmanSC was pointing out that you performed the programming steps incorrectly.
this can be frustrating so slow down and read the steps in the link I provided in post 5 or here they are, compliments of JohnMD.

NOTE: if these steps don’t work, then you may be at the maximum allowable programmed keys...the only way to fix this is to purchase TechStream for $25 or pay the dealer much more. Let’s worry about this later...

so take it slow and it should be okay...

The directions follow.

Key Programming
1. Close all doors.
2. Insert an already programmed master key into the ignition.
3. Turn the key from the OFF to On and back OFF FIVE (5) times.
4. Open and close the drivers door SIX (6) times.
5. Remove the key from the ignition.
6. Insert the new key you want to program into the ignition.
7. Wait 1 minute. The security light will be blinking for this one minute. When it stops blinking your key is programmed. To end programming step on brake one time.

Timing may be important. I did the key on and off to the count of 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi said in regular speach -- or just about on the second. Then switched keys in 3-5 seconds. Then opened the door to the same beat.

The Security light flashed for about a minute and then went out. I then hit the brake once -- proably within 3-5 seconds of the light going out.

Then started the car with the newly programmed valet key. I assume the same thing would program a new master key. Question? Can you have more than one master key? If so I may buy one and try again. Hate to lose or break the master from what I hear.

Also, here were her directions for programming the remote on the master key. Let me know if they work.

Remote Programming
1. Close and lock all doors. Unlock and open drivers door.
2. Put key into ignition and remove TWO TIMES.
3. Close and open the drivers door TWO TIMES.
4. Put key into the ignition and remove.
5. Close and open the drivers door two times.
6. Put key into the ignition. Close the drivers door.
7. Turn ignition ON then OFF ONE TIME- this will put the car in ADD mode for your remote. (Turning the ignition ON then OFF TWO TIMES will ADD the remote but will erase all existing remotes.)
8. Remove the key from the ignition. The door locks will cycle one time (or two if you are erasing) . On the REMOTE press and hold the LOCK and the UNLOCK button for 2 seconds. On the REMOTE press the LOCK button for one second.

AT THIS POINT, the locks should cycle by themselves ONE time. This means the procedure was accepted. IF the locks cycle twice it has failed. IF this happens you must start over. Hold the remotes higher up for better reception

9. Open and close the drivers door. Put key in ignition and pull out. This will end
programming.

Old 06-19-18, 01:57 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Received 422 Likes on 314 Posts

Bgw70

Would this be the right key to order for the sons 2005 SC430? This the one I found that looks complete on remotesremotes.com. Does this key need to be cut or does it arrive programable for both the key and the fob

https://www.remotesremotes.com/produ...a-4btn_key.htm

Thanks and I appreciate your advise

Dennis
Old 06-19-18, 03:59 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DJWLDW
Bgw70

Would this be the right key to order for the sons 2005 SC430? This the one I found that looks complete on remotesremotes.com. Does this key need to be cut or does it arrive programable for both the key and the fob

https://www.remotesremotes.com/produ...a-4btn_key.htm

Thanks and I appreciate your advise

Dennis
in short, I would say yes. They are showing the correct fccid HYQ12BBT. This the ID on my keys or the alternates in the test report below.
here is the 2002 test report.
https://fccid.io/HYQ12BBT

i purchased my key fobs, used on eBay etc. and purchased the key shell from amazon or eBay.
i have never used the procedure posted above, but others have and they say it works...I believe them.
i use TechStream because it is $25 and it is what Toyota uses...it works great. I have an old XP 32bit computer.
Old 06-19-18, 04:09 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DshngDaryl
A video about what techstream is and what it does
https://youtu.be/KDpldAv0uQE
thanks Darryl...
Old 06-19-18, 04:27 PM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 463 Likes on 388 Posts

This is who I used and was VERY happy with https://www.ebay.com/itm/PRE-CUT-LEX...EAAOSwuvla3Vwp

I took a picture of my key and they pre-cut it and sent it to me. They also sell a programming device that will program it to your car.

Quick Reply: Programming mode