SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Keyless entry & pushbutton start addition

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-14, 10:29 AM
DiggerJim
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Keyless entry & pushbutton start addition

So I picked up one of these sets http://www.advancedkeys.com/index.htm to add keyless entry and pushbutton start to the SC.

Very fast shipping but somewhat complicated directions :-)

Anyone do the same thing? I found a post referencing Advanced Keys but nothing specifically about installing it. I definitely need to get a wiring diagram (2008 model) and potentially some pointers on how to safely take the various covering panels off. I've been collecting posts on how to get the center console/shift indicator plate, a-pillar cover removal, etc off without damaging the parts but I'm piecing it together. Anyone who has done this with pics would help me feel more confident before I start to pull it apart.

Anyone know where I can find the wiring diagram for the front - ignition, door locks, remote starter (I have one of those installed), etc?

TIA
Jim
Old 11-18-14, 11:12 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

How are you going to get around the steering wheel lock ?
Old 11-18-14, 02:08 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mrblister
How are you going to get around the steering wheel lock ?
From YouTube search it appears that you put key in the ignition switch cut the end that extends out of the tumbler and put a cap over the key hole. The steering wheel lock is permanently bypassed.
Old 11-18-14, 07:04 PM
DiggerJim
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYCT
From YouTube search it appears that you put key in the ignition switch cut the end that extends out of the tumbler and put a cap over the key hole. The steering wheel lock is permanently bypassed.
Yep, that's the way I'm going to go. I know it reduces the security of the car a bit but I've seen more than a few cars where the steering wheel lock was broken in order to bypass that security and as someone noted here in a past post, if they really want the car they'll get it. It's not supposed to start without the security key card in my pocket so if that's true, I don't think I'm really making it more vulnerable to theft. The "auto-locking" feature makes it pretty foolproof that it'll always be locked when I step away - I pretty much do that with my other cars but still go back and check every now & then because I'm not sure I remembered to hit the button on the remote.
Old 02-04-16, 06:02 AM
My1998LS40
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DiggerJim
Yep, that's the way I'm going to go. I know it reduces the security of the car a bit but I've seen more than a few cars where the steering wheel lock was broken in order to bypass that security and as someone noted here in a past post, if they really want the car they'll get it. It's not supposed to start without the security key card in my pocket so if that's true, I don't think I'm really making it more vulnerable to theft. The "auto-locking" feature makes it pretty foolproof that it'll always be locked when I step away - I pretty much do that with my other cars but still go back and check every now & then because I'm not sure I remembered to hit the button on the remote.
Hi Jim. I just bought the same advanced key from the site after searching for the keyless and push start option. Wonder what happened to yours if you ever got it installed. I'm planning on remove the whole ignition out. That way, I can reverse the process if needed to return the car to stock. The idea of leaving the key blade inside the ignition doesn't sound like a good idea. I searched for "ignition remove" and came across this thread. If you can update your situation, it'd be greatly appreciated.