SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

CPO as delivered from distant Lexus Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-13, 11:28 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default CPO as delivered from distant Lexus Dealer

Our low mileage 2007 CPO SC430 was delivered tonight here in Florida from Chicago. I am pleased with the overall condition of the exterior and interior. i am very disappointed with dealer lack of attention to detail on CPO checklist and many missing items.

Here it is Friday night and dealer is closed so I have to wait until the morning to make the call which I'm not looking forward to. I have a car that I can't put in the road.

The following items were missing;
30 day temp tag which I paid for so I can drive it while waiting for title
All Manuals
My copy of the completed CPO checklist
First aid kit
Ash tray insert
Cigarette lighter
Spare tire kit (came with like new non-run flat Continental DWS tires)
Missing tire valve caps

I called Lexus Customer service to confirm it was listed and covered as a CPO vehicle. The CPO warranty was entered but they had typo on our address and phone numbers which I had the CS rep change.

Am I being picky?

JR
Old 01-11-13, 11:34 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Sounds like everything you're missing is still at the dealer and not lost in transit. Hopefully you get things resolved with all the things your missing.
Old 01-12-13, 08:20 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Chck your navigation disk verson . Do you have all keys and the flat wallet key? Seems like some really sloppy work. If it were me I would make sure I have the CPO list checked after you get it from the dealer. You neve know
Old 01-12-13, 09:24 AM
FLYCT

Originally Posted by mrblister
Chck your navigation disk verson . Do you have all keys and the flat wallet key? Seems like some really sloppy work. If it were me I would make sure I have the CPO list checked after you get it from the dealer. You neve know
I already checked Nav version. It's 10.1. Not original but only 2 years old.

It was going to come with only 1 master remote and one valet key. I had them add one additional master key with remote and 2 non-remote master keys and program them. So while the car didn't come with the flat key it did come with a total of 5 keys.

The dealer just scanned and sent me a 30 day tag via email so at least I can drive it. They also found most of the missing stuff that they are boxing and sending to me.

The only issue is the tires now. . I do a 2x a month road trip across Florida Everglades at night. That's 90 miles with no exits with service. I am not comfortable doing this without either run flats or spare tire kit. I'm waiting for the sales manager to call me back to see what they will offer.

This was just a sloppy deal on the dealer's part.

JR
Old 01-12-13, 09:31 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Were you told that it had a spare. Had you been there to look at the car as well as the CPO report. You would of known that it was missing the spare tire. Does the car have the proper trunk panels to accomodate the spare . If it does then it had to have come with regular tires. On the other hand oif there is no provision for a spare in the trunk then it came with runflats. If it were me I would insist on the spare tire or else its a deal breaker.
Old 01-12-13, 11:50 AM
FLYCT

I gave sales 2 options. Either pay for run fiats or send me a spare tire kit.

The sales manager just called me and they are ordering the spare tire kit and sending it to me.

It's a real nice 07 CPO SC 430 with 14,900 miles on it.

JR
Old 01-12-13, 12:23 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

The spare tire kit comes with a new small tire , trunk panel back plate and a floor board and tire cover and mounting plate and threaded rod. Make sure they dont just send you a tire. Unless your trunk allready has the
proper configeration to store the tire .
Old 01-12-13, 07:07 PM
FLYCT

Originally Posted by mrblister
The spare tire kit comes with a new small tire , trunk panel back plate and a floor board and tire cover and mounting plate and threaded rod. Make sure they dont just send you a tire. Unless your trunk allready has the proper configeration to store the tire .
The trunk is not currently set up for spare tire option. They are sending the full kit, mounting hadware, back plate, floorboard tire cover and tire, not just the tire. It's less expensive for them than replacing 4 tires with run flats.

I recently put Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my Red SC. This new to us Silver SC has Conti DWS's. Each car rides MUCH better without the run flats with no jarring. The Michelin Super Sports are more quiet than the DWS's.

JR
Old 01-13-13, 11:29 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Post some pics when you can.
Old 01-13-13, 10:06 PM
FLYCT

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Post some pics when you can.
Here are a few low resolution shots from the dealer site listing. They accurately depict the condition of the car.

What counts is my wife likes it.

The first 3 pics are of the Silver/Saddle 2007 with 14900 miles

The next are of the Red/Ecru 2008 with 47000 miles. It looks like new also. This pic is before Black mats were installed.

JR
Attached Thumbnails CPO as delivered from distant Lexus Dealer-image2a.jpg   CPO as delivered from distant Lexus Dealer-image8a.jpg   CPO as delivered from distant Lexus Dealer-image1a.jpg   CPO as delivered from distant Lexus Dealer-image10.jpeg   CPO as delivered from distant Lexus Dealer-image12.jpg  

Old 01-14-13, 03:22 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I love the silver with saddle interior! Both of these cars look like they are in excellent condition. Hope all your concerns are resolved with this dealer.
Old 06-19-13, 06:51 AM
FLYCT

To close this tread out

The dealer was McGrath Lexus of Chicago.

It took a few weeks but they sent all missing pieces and also sent a complete new spare tire kit. I.e. mounting, covers, rim/tire etc.

JR
Old 06-19-13, 08:42 AM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

flyct
it seem the dealer took good care of you and good luck with your car. nice love the 430sc
Old 06-19-13, 09:21 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYCT
To close this tread out

The dealer was McGrath Lexus of Chicago.

It took a few weeks but they sent all missing pieces and also sent a complete new spare tire kit. I.e. mounting, covers, rim/tire etc.

JR
Good for you. Your stable is impressive.