SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

lux link install

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-11, 03:19 PM
blakkazz30
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lux link install

just installed lux link on my sc430, enjoying every minute of it. it was a head turner without it, now it is unreal!
Old 11-22-11, 04:12 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool. Where did you get it?
Old 11-22-11, 04:21 PM
blakkazz30
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 76210Guy
Cool. Where did you get it?
luxury motorworks. Steve helps out a lot. he's one of the few that actually calls u back. easy to install. $350, worth every penny.
Old 11-22-11, 05:58 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Yeah, I know. I have one. Lots of us do. I thought they were all sold out. Interesting! $350, that's pretty cheap!

Congrats.

BTW: Check out the Search feature on the forum. Youll see a LONG Luxlink thread about the install and experiences using it.
Old 11-22-11, 08:10 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

yea it starts getting pricey when you get the shock sensor and the 1/4 window mod...i got both didnt install on my own so for me it was about 1k total investment...well worth it
Old 11-23-11, 02:32 AM
blakkazz30
Driver School Candidate

i have had my 04 sc430 for 3 years now & just started to modify it. ( didnt see a reason to do it when i got it cause it was perfect for me ) after i found out about CL, i saw everyone elses modifications, now i feeel left behind, so take it easy on the new guy. im open for suggestions also so dont be bashful about giving me any recommendations
Old 11-23-11, 07:45 AM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

Careful what ask for.... There's intake changes, exhaust mods, wheels, body kits, electonics, suspension improvements, satellite radio, even car computers (check out Habious' signature link).... Heck you could become your community's economic stimulus package all by yourself!
Old 11-23-11, 10:30 AM
blakkazz30
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VVTiBob
Careful what ask for.... There's intake changes, exhaust mods, wheels, body kits, electonics, suspension improvements, satellite radio, even car computers (check out Habious' signature link).... Heck you could become your community's economic stimulus package all by yourself!
gimmie a chance to crawl before i walk. help me get the cosmetics out the way first, then we will get into electronics
Old 11-23-11, 02:24 PM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

Then a simple low cost, and IMHO, nice upgrade is to changes out incandescence bulbs with LEDs. A much whiter and brighter light in most cases... I've done all of mine except the visor vanity mirror lights. That whiteness may be too harsh. There are quite a few threads on the upgrade.
Old 11-25-11, 05:49 AM
blakkazz30
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VVTiBob
Then a simple low cost, and IMHO, nice upgrade is to changes out incandescence bulbs with LEDs. A much whiter and brighter light in most cases... I've done all of mine except the visor vanity mirror lights. That whiteness may be too harsh. There are quite a few threads on the upgrade.
looking into changing my bulbs now.i like the led lights under your car...... that's nice. im just getting started on my upgrades, so far i have valve stem caps, license plate cover, luxlink, & pedals. next project is paint calipers & change rotors to drilled & slotted. then rims, custom speaker box to get rid of the back seat look, iPod integration. yeah, i have a long list of projects. working on them one at a time. im definately getting the puddle lights like u have. thanks for the idea. any more ideas?
Old 11-25-11, 01:52 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

congratulations ! I recently purchased the Luxlink with sensor and rear window but am working my may up to it. I'd like to try DIY. No rush - the weather is betting worse and I will be driving her less. Good luck with your mods. I am also just beginning.
Old 11-25-11, 11:37 PM
blakkazz30
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
congratulations ! I recently purchased the Luxlink with sensor and rear window but am working my may up to it. I'd like to try DIY. No rush - the weather is betting worse and I will be driving her less. Good luck with your mods. I am also just beginning.
if you have any questions about the install, u can call steve w/ luxlink, he's very helpful. word of advise, the wires on the luxlink harness may not be color coded as the directions states, the number of the wires are correct on the directions. the numbers are located on the back of the harness. hard to see, but they are there & correct.its not a complicated task if you take your time. i would be more than happy to help if u have any questions. im on CL pretty regular. good luck
Old 03-11-12, 10:33 AM
zonk
Driver School Candidate

My installer had an awful time trying to figure the wiring out even on the phone with Steve. Now to exit hitting the roof close button twice closes the top and turns the car off after I have left the car but the top down will only happen before the car is started. It will not start and top down in combination.
Old 03-11-12, 03:29 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Be sure you are removing the ignition key BEFORE you open the DRIVERS DOOR! Otherwise it will not start/top down on the next try.
Old 03-11-12, 07:12 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Solman
Be sure you are removing the ignition key BEFORE you open the DRIVERS DOOR! Otherwise it will not start/top down on the next try.
Ohhhhhh. I'll bet that has been the sporadic problem I've encountered.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: lux link install