SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Clear Bra

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-04, 08:22 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Clear Bra

In order that I don’t come off as Ned the Negative I’d like to post something positive. Today I just had the installation of the “clear bra” completed on both the LS and the SC. I used the premiermobilegroup (www.sam@premiermobilegouup.com). After the *******y service that I received from Lexus of Sacramento, let me say that it was a pleasure to work with him. There were problems with the film that he replaced without me even saying anything (believe that if you will). He is a perfectionist and a master at what he does and on top of that a true gentleman. It is a shamed that there are not more craftsmen out there like him. If anyone is considering having this installed, look no further this group is the best you are ever going to find. From what I understand he will travel anywher to have this done. You pay for the travel; well worth it in my opinion.
Old 10-31-04, 06:31 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Clear Bra

Originally posted by lkirchner
In order that I don’t come off as Ned the Negative I’d like to post something positive. Today I just had the installation of the “clear bra” completed on both the LS and the SC. I used the premiermobilegroup (www.sam@premiermobilegouup.com). After the *******y service that I received from Lexus of Sacramento, let me say that it was a pleasure to work with him. There were problems with the film that he replaced without me even saying anything (believe that if you will). He is a perfectionist and a master at what he does and on top of that a true gentleman. It is a shamed that there are not more craftsmen out there like him. If anyone is considering having this installed, look no further this group is the best you are ever going to find. From what I understand he will travel anywher to have this done. You pay for the travel; well worth it in my opinion.
If anyone is contemplating a clear bra, I have 2 things to say. First, do it; you'll have peace-of-mind and your car will look good for a long, long time. Second, do it right; find a reputable installer who will cover all of the parts that face the front of the car. My guy is Rob at Maryland Performance - "www.proformauto.com". He installed clear bras on my `04 SC430 and `04 GX470. Rob guarantees his product and installation for the life of the vehicle. He also installs clear bras for Team Lexus. I did a lot of research on clear bras beforehand, and what I learned convinced me that it makes no sense to use this product (clear bra) to protect your car, but not have it installed properly. Rob is smart about this product and really knows what he's doing. He doesn't believe in a cookie-cutter approach for installing a clear bra. I watched him redesign a template for my SC when he noticed that the program he was using for the design would not afford the kind of protection (area coverage) that he felt was appropriate. I also saw photos of him designing/installing a clear bra on a new Ferrari where no template existed - he spread the 3M product over and around the front-end and made precision cuts. This guy is good! He's also extremely responsive to his customers and is a lot of fun to be with.
Old 10-31-04, 01:38 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Clear Bra

Originally posted by lkirchner
congrats

im hoping our NE group buy goes as planned

any pics?
Old 11-01-04, 09:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

congrats on the new install! sam from premier is an awesome guy, i talked to him a bit during the EOS meet and he's awesome! i have seen his work before too, it's pretty amazing!
Old 11-02-04, 07:36 AM
lingcod
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default contact info

If you have it, can someone please post the contact info for Sam at Premier Mobile? The link above doesn't seem to work, and searching in the Sacramento area on the net doesn't seem to work either. I'm toying with a new SC430 and need to find the best installer in the area. Thanks!
Old 11-02-04, 08:31 AM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Thumbs up Re: contact info

Originally posted by lingcod
If you have it, can someone please post the contact info for Sam at Premier Mobile? The link above doesn't seem to work, and searching in the Sacramento area on the net doesn't seem to work either. I'm toying with a new SC430 and need to find the best installer in the area. Thanks!
Sorry about the faulty link. Here is his e-mail address;
sam@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 12-09-04, 07:30 PM
Deanski
Driver

Default Armorfend (Armorglove)

I have Armorfend/Armorglove installed on my SC430 and can truly say that it is the best clear application found!

The hood is wrapped around the edges so the ONLY seam you'd see is where it ends on the hood.

I also have the following: front bumper/air-dam, headlights, fender "wings", rocker panels, side mirrors and door cups.

This was done at the Armorglove facility in Greenwich, CT and they do a fanstatic job! This is by far the best investment. The film was cut in the finest fashion for fit and hiding edges. They can even run the film high up the hood if you want!

Those thinking about clear bra's (paint protection film) I highly recommend you contact an Armorfend/Armorglove installer and have it done before you get stone chips.

Homepage: ARMORGLOVE

Regards,
Deanski
Old 12-17-04, 11:16 AM
igorxx
Driver

In my opinion to put a bra or sheep skin covers on seats is a waste. I figured it would be a lot simpler to have it repainted than to have the clear cover. I saw one on a car and it was very detectable. Why pay that much money for a car if you can't enjoy it at its best. I have had mine 3 years and there are only a couple of small dings on the front. I try to stay away from behind trucks however.
Old 12-17-04, 04:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by igorxx
In my opinion to put a bra or sheep skin covers on seats is a waste. I figured it would be a lot simpler to have it repainted than to have the clear cover. I saw one on a car and it was very detectable. Why pay that much money for a car if you can't enjoy it at its best. I have had mine 3 years and there are only a couple of small dings on the front. I try to stay away from behind trucks however.
well i guess it depends on what kind of driving you do and also the area. if you do the kind of driving i do, high speed long distance (400+ miles) driving, you would cry after couple of trips

and dunno, i think it has to do with the installer, i have clear bra on my car and so far almost all people i have to point out about the clear bra and they look closely before they can see it