CAD File Sharing - Page 11 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

CAD File Sharing

Old 04-04-18, 07:33 AM
mrmj2u
Pole Position

Hey Guys, I would like to get a spark plug cover cut. Where are you getting this done?

Also, where did you source your carbon fiber plate?

Last edited by mrmj2u; 04-04-18 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-04-18, 09:02 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

A good source is local sign companies. They usually have a water-jet cutter in house and lots of various material, even scrap for cheap sometimes (Metals, Plastics, etc). They probably won't have CF but they might be able to source it. Otherwise just look on eBay and try and find a flat sheet of 2mm thick CF large enough to cut a cover from and bring it to them to cut.
The Following User Says Thank You to Halon For This Useful Post:
mrmj2u (04-04-18)
Old 04-04-18, 06:26 PM
KahnBB6

Originally Posted by Halon View Post
Reminds me of my crude version of that I ran for several years. Eventually I really missed having the cigarette lighter for charging my phone. I thought I heard he was ending his business venture and was doing one final closeout sale before he closes up shop.
I was just in contact with the guy who founded and runs AutoExtrude a couple of days before reading your post. I was following up with him today about a custom order request I've made and relayed my concern about his possibly closing up shop soon. He told me that is not the case at all.

This was his response:

"...if you want to throw down a comment for me and let people know that I am not gone. I was going to close up shop but decided not to. I kept it open, doubled down on product development, hired a general manager and made a website... Feel free to let them know I’ll be doing more for the SC300/400 and GS300/400."

You can find his company on Facebook. I've forwarded him the link to this thread so that he and/or his general manager can respond themselves if they wish to.

Last edited by KahnBB6; 04-04-18 at 09:23 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: