SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

STEERING WHEEL PLEASE HELP - pics...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-13, 01:25 PM
Volume123
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STEERING WHEEL PLEASE HELP - pics...

Hey guys, I recently purchased my sc300 and like a lot of other people, my electric steering wheel adjuster does not work, but does NOT make the "grinding" noise everyone else normally has. Simply makes no sound as if their is a fuse blown or relay of some sort. Where are the fuses that would be the problem?

I took apart the column and I notice I don't even have a motor for the tilt ... so that is the problem with the tilt, but the in and out "tele" motor is there and plugged in, do the two motors only work if both are in, would the tele motor not work for some reason without the tilt motor in? because niether work... obviously the tilt doesn't because there is no motor, but like I said the tele motor looks almost brand new.

My car has an oem soarer steering wheel and I think that when the last owner installed it, he just simply forgot to put some things back as on of the white multi plugs was not plugged in either right behind the horn.

Btw the horn also doesnt work.... I'm going to take a picture in a few minutes to show you guys exactly what I have/don't have although it really only looks as if the tilt motor is the only thing missing.

Where should I check the fuses? Which numbers? Any relays ? Their is one white plug that is not plugged into anything, everything else is plugged in, the one white plug goes into the tilt motor I'm pretty sure so that would make sense.

Last edited by Volume123; 03-18-13 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-18-13, 09:34 PM
Volume123
Driver

is there absolutely any way I can turn a certain bolt to make the steering wheel just go in... I already turned the blue wheel and that made it go down, now I need the steering wheel to move in ... where it is at right now is just so unsafe for the way I like to drive I don't even care if I can never move it again.. there much be something I can do to manually make the steering wheel go in....
Old 03-19-13, 07:01 PM
Volume123
Driver

guys pleaseeee helpp!!! I literally havn't been able to drive because it is so unsafe how high the wheel is since It wont move inwards....
Old 03-19-13, 10:34 PM
k7q
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

is the gear moving? did you try this?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ng-repair.html
Old 03-20-13, 04:03 AM
unique1391
Driver School Candidate

Dude I have a similar issue, 3days ago it was fine then yest. My tilt works fine but my telescope feature no longer works and it doesnt do any type of movement or sound when I touch the switch to adjust it, it happened for a few secs. 2days ago. I took the battery out then back in and BAM fixed, or so I thought my telescope worked for a few then earlier yest it stopped again so I did that again and nothing. I don't know what to do with a perfectly functioning tilt works but a non working telescope. SOMEONE HELP I dont understand.
Old 03-20-13, 04:06 AM
unique1391
Driver School Candidate

P.s. the steering wheel is now completely withdrawn into the car due to the cars auto tilt away so I can't drive properly due to my long legs and having to get closer to the wheel.
__
Old 03-20-13, 07:04 AM
jjffyy
Lead Lap

Check the dome fuse I believe its a number 10 fuse located in the fuse box inside the engine bay, also check your ECU-IG fuse (number 15) in the kick panel near the pedals. Both these fuses are linked to your power tilt adjustment.
Old 03-20-13, 03:08 PM
Volume123
Driver

Yes the blue gear moves, but not on it's own of course becuase it is missing the tilt motor... as you can see in the pictures, that was before I tampered with anything all I did was take off the cover to reveal the gear open like that with NO tilt motor...... Can anyone verify if that other black motor in the second picture in the back left is the tele motor? Im pretty sure it is but not positive... why would that motor not be working? Do they both have to be plugged in, in order for either of them to work? I'm assuming if I take off the tele motor that I can just manual move the gear to make the wheel go in like what I did to the tilt gear....
Old 03-20-13, 03:13 PM
Volume123
Driver

And yes K7q, like stated in my original post, I have looked at every single possible thread on the problem... since I now opened it to find out the tilt motor itself isnt even in there I obviously know where to start If I even want it to be electronic. Honestly though, I don't care about it, all I want to do now is to manually adjust the tele so the wheel will move in... but also I am wondering why the hell the tele itself isn't even working, since (if I'm not mistaken, noone has confirmed yet) the black motor in the second pic is the tele motor, and it is not working, is this because the tilt motor isnt in... that I do not know and noone seems to know either...
Old 03-26-13, 06:39 PM
Volume123
Driver

Can really no one answer just simply if that is the telescopic motor in the back at least? I am 99 percent sure that it is and all I need to order is the tilt motor, but I want to see if anyone else has any advice before I only order the tilt motor to realize there is a ton of other things I need... would the telescopic motor work without the tilt motor? Because the wheel currently does not move in and out... and obviously not up and down since their is no tilt motor
Old 03-26-13, 06:59 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Volume123
Can really no one answer just simply if that is the telescopic motor in the back at least? I am 99 percent sure that it is and all I need to order is the tilt motor, but I want to see if anyone else has any advice before I only order the tilt motor to realize there is a ton of other things I need... would the telescopic motor work without the tilt motor? Because the wheel currently does not move in and out... and obviously not up and down since their is no tilt motor
Yes, that is your Telescope Motor just looking up that part number you would find that out. Im not sure thats your problem tho. If it is let us know in case others run across the same problem.
Old 03-27-13, 09:41 AM
Tommy2JZ
Pole Position

check if everything is connected, same thing happened to my friend, his motor was completely disconnected :facepalm:
Old 03-29-13, 12:00 AM
Volume123
Driver

well it seems it may be disconnected somewhere... as one of the white plugs was unplugged.. but it still doesn't work so I really have no idea. Where exactly is the plug for the telescopic motor and what else needs to be plugged in for it to work?