SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

LED upgrades/conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-11, 10:11 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default LED upgrades/conversion

Here are some of my recent LED upgrade/conversion for interior and exterior of my SC... I haven't done anything as far as the headlights and tail lights 'cause I wanna do it when I install my HID so everything would look right... And don't mind my gas gauge needle, I've been tryin' to find out a DIY fix for it, I don't wanna be spending alot when I know I can do it myself...

EDIT* for the people asking me the kind of bulbs I used for this;
This one is for the ODO/time/trip A-trip B buttons on the lower right of the cluster;
1 NEO3-W: 3mm NEO3-x Cool White

This one is for the shifter;
2 NEO5-WHP: 5mm NEO5-xHP Cool White

This ones are for the cluster;
10 T1.5-G: Green
10 T1.5-A: Amber
6 T1.5-R: Red
1 T1.5-B: Blue
8 T1.5-CW: Cool White

This is for the light at the foot pedal, glove compartment, lighter and the ignition ring light;
4 74-CWHP3: Cool White

This is for the volume/thermostat ****;
4 NEO4-WHP: 4mm NEO4-xHP Cool White

This is for the climate control buttons only, currently my climate control LCD is out of lights, but there is somewhere on the threads where he placed a long PCB board of LED's which looks like a good idea that I'm planning to do soon;
3 NEO5-WHP: 5mm NEO5-xHP Cool White

Dome Lights; UPCB http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...ecs.htm#photos

Visor Lights; 3910-x6, 39 x 10mm festoon, 6 x 3mm LED
For the visor lights, nothing really fits there, although this size that I chose is about the same length, I just used the cover itself to keep it in place.

Trunk compartment; T10-PCB-WHP9

For the Door step light and license plate lights you can use any of these 194 type LED's; WLED Miniature Wedge Base bulbs with High Power SMD LEDs - 360 type
Attached Thumbnails LED upgrades/conversion-p4250698.jpg   LED upgrades/conversion-p4250702.jpg   LED upgrades/conversion-p4270713.jpg   LED upgrades/conversion-p4270715.jpg   LED upgrades/conversion-p4270725.jpg  

Last edited by OG Dada; 08-25-11 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-26-11, 10:14 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

I replaced all that ugly annoying looking orange backlight on everything and made them all cool white LED's... I'm still gonna do the park lights and tail lights once I get my HID's and then the ashtray light, thermostat and volume light once I replace the stock stereo with a DVD LCD.. All LED's c/o http://www.superbrightleds.com/

Last edited by OG Dada; 04-26-11 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-26-11, 10:14 PM
Relapser
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NO OFFENCE

okay

straight up NO offense

BUUUUUUTTTTT i put an LED bulb in my interior light and i hated it!!! i wanna pull it out n revert back to the normal type ...

..normal filament globes just give off a warm loving light.. the LED however... is just garbage.. unless i replace it with an amber colour?

but right now it's a white LED and it's just such a cold, clinical unforgiving shade of "white"

:/

aside from that everything else looks fantastic.. like dash lights and gearstick lights look great!

just - i cannot stand my interior light personally

Last edited by Relapser; 04-26-11 at 10:15 PM. Reason: needed to rant a bit more
Old 04-26-11, 10:19 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Relapser
NO OFFENCE

okay

straight up NO offense

BUUUUUUTTTTT i put an LED bulb in my interior light and i hated it!!! i wanna pull it out n revert back to the normal type ...

..normal filament globes just give off a warm loving light.. the LED however... is just garbage.. unless i replace it with an amber colour?

but right now it's a white LED and it's just such a cold, clinical unforgiving shade of "white"

:/

aside from that everything else looks fantastic.. like dash lights and gearstick lights look great!

just - i cannot stand my interior light personally
I totally repect your opinion! Not a problem.. For me its just classy compared to the orange(I don't really think its amber) OEM backlight.. And it also looks clean and brighter specially at pitch black darkness..
Old 04-26-11, 10:19 PM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should have posted this in the SC interior lighting faq/guide thing.
Old 04-26-11, 10:20 PM
Relapser
Pole Position

...you've inspired me to make a yellow LED lamp though

thank you, good sir!!!
Old 04-26-11, 10:29 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by vietunit
Should have posted this in the SC interior lighting faq/guide thing.
I'm sorry about that,new guy here, still working my way around...
Old 04-27-11, 06:37 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Its ok this time. :-) I changed all of mine to blue except for the cluster, did those in super white! Looks good by the way. Thanks for sharing
Old 04-27-11, 07:27 AM
horent135
Lexus Champion

I did the same conversion as you but you went further than I have. I had the same thing but didn't think putting the LEDS on the visors. Good thinking.. Did you put the LEDS in your glovebox too I have. I like your LED truck light super bright, what did u use?
Old 04-27-11, 08:36 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by horent135
I did the same conversion as you but you went further than I have. I had the same thing but didn't think putting the LEDS on the visors. Good thinking.. Did you put the LEDS in your glovebox too I have. I like your LED truck light super bright, what did u use?
I also did my glove box, it really look nice and clean, I'm kinda aiming for a VIP look on this car, I just want it super clean... I have a few more pics but for some reason it got corrupted so I gotta take pics again tonight.. Here's the bulb I used for the trunk btw, it's a bit too wide for the trunk light casing so I shaved the pcb board a bit...
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...cblamp_T10.htm

Last edited by OG Dada; 04-27-11 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-27-11, 10:31 AM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Oh ic, you use a board instead of a bulb. That answer my question cause I used a bulb and it was horrible output.
Old 04-27-11, 11:58 AM
StuntKing
Driver

looks good. Good job!
Old 04-27-11, 12:12 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

The LEDs came out very good. No doubt about it. Just going to throw this out there in case the noobs don't know it yet but luxurymods sells an entire complete white LED interior set for our SCs so you won't have to guess what LED you need to use and it replaces literally every bulb inside the car, as well as the license plate bulbs.
Old 04-27-11, 12:40 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
The LEDs came out very good. No doubt about it. Just going to throw this out there in case the noobs don't know it yet but luxurymods sells an entire complete white LED interior set for our SCs so you won't have to guess what LED you need to use and it replaces literally every bulb inside the car, as well as the license plate bulbs.
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it, but I kinda figured that most of the lights they're gonna be selling is not gonna put out the proper brightness of light that I needed so I went and chose different kinds of bulbs for everything..
Old 04-27-11, 01:04 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kingphilip
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it, but I kinda figured that most of the lights they're gonna be selling is not gonna put out the proper brightness of light that I needed so I went and chose different kinds of bulbs for everything..
Ahhh I gotcha. Now that's a different story. I agree if you want a more brighter light output than what they have to offer than your route definitely shows well. Again good job for sure

Quick Reply: LED upgrades/conversion