SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Rear Spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-05, 10:35 PM
dchesanek
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Spoilers

I'm looking at adding a rear wing to a 96 SC300 5speed and I'm curious as to why with all the SC's with body kits, 19 and 20" tires there are few SC's with anything more than the standard spoiler depending on year. Why???
Old 01-31-05, 10:55 PM
2jzsc3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dchesanek
I'm looking at adding a rear wing to a 96 SC300 5speed and I'm curious as to why with all the SC's with body kits, 19 and 20" tires there are few SC's with anything more than the standard spoiler depending on year. Why???
well.. for me, I prefer the stock look of the 92-96 flush spoiler. Its clean and isn't overdone like some aftermarket spoilers.
Old 01-31-05, 11:00 PM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed the 97-00" spoiler since it appears to make the car look newer...
the flush spoiler is smooth and looks good but is dated IMO...
Honestly, they both are nice and really depends on what catches your eye..
Old 01-31-05, 11:21 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

both are nice in their own ways. I prefer the earlier one though.
Old 02-01-05, 12:21 AM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

I'll add myself to the group who prefer the look of the 92-96 spoiler. It's the best spoiler for the SC's IMO.
Old 02-01-05, 01:21 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Hey....u guys keep this up and I'll be sellin my spoiler for the pre 97" type....lmao
Old 02-01-05, 10:20 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

When you go extreme like you may be thinking you border on rice.

There's a thin line between "niiiice!" and "riiiice!!"
Old 02-01-05, 04:35 PM
dchesanek
Rookie

Thanks for the opinions and I thought Porsche people were "fanatical". I'm still confused on how putting on a "body kit" or adding 20in wheels does not make the car a "ricer" I guess its that fine line and everyone is going to have an opinion on when you cross it.
Old 02-01-05, 04:49 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for the opinions and I thought Porsche people were "fanatical". I'm still confused on how putting on a "body kit" or adding 20in wheels does not make the car a "ricer" I guess its that fine line and everyone is going to have an opinion on when you cross it.
You're right, it IS a thin line and you have to be careful not to cross it. I personally think some kits are cheesy and 20's are a bit too large for the SC IMO, some may disagree. Basically don't do anything that disripts the natural lines of the car like adding a weird spoiler, adding hella lights which serve no purpose other than "look at me", stay away from super-bling chrome rims, and most of all don't put stickers all over the car. But I'm sure you get the idea
Old 02-01-05, 05:37 PM
MyScRuNmIa
Pole Position

The Best Things In My Opinion Is To Put 17"18" Or 19" Why Do I Say That Cuz Honestly I Think 20s Look Great But Our Cars Are Performance Cars An 20 Take Away From It They Make You Slower Bring Down Your Handaling Ablity. You Know. An As For The Spoilers As Some One Said Earlier Jus Follow The Lines On The Car. Jus Make It Look Nice! Do You Guys Realize That Alot Of Our Cars Are Over 10 Years Old An We Still Get Stears When We Drive We Can Sttill Hang With Alot Of Cars We Got Grea Cars That Aged Exeptanly Well.
Old 02-01-05, 09:09 PM
CP_Ree
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MyScRuNmIa
The Best Things In My Opinion Is To Put 17"18" Or 19" Why Do I Say That Cuz Honestly I Think 20s Look Great But Our Cars Are Performance Cars An 20 Take Away From It They Make You Slower Bring Down Your Handaling Ablity. You Know. An As For The Spoilers As Some One Said Earlier Jus Follow The Lines On The Car. Jus Make It Look Nice! Do You Guys Realize That Alot Of Our Cars Are Over 10 Years Old An We Still Get Stears When We Drive We Can Sttill Hang With Alot Of Cars We Got Grea Cars That Aged Exeptanly Well.
Sorry, but that was ***********n annoying to read.
Old 02-01-05, 10:04 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Can someone translate this?

In regards to the original, put whatever you find pleasing to YOUR eye on YOUR car. People's taste change all the time. A few years ago, there was no such thing as rice. Now a days, anything and everything can be rice.

It's your car, you can mod it as nice and as ugly as you want.

Last edited by verylost; 02-01-05 at 10:08 PM.
Old 02-02-05, 01:08 AM
2jzsc3
Lexus Test Driver

lol what a brain teazer..
Old 02-02-05, 07:00 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had to read this 5 times to realize that it is actually a recipe for chocolate fondue!
Old 02-02-05, 11:22 AM
Windstar
Rookie

ok..................

For wings, I love the look of the 92-96 wing, but like everyone already said before, it's up to you.

Quick Reply: Rear Spoilers